Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-11-2021, 04:26 PM   #1
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
What are you guys using for indoor car covers?

Hi, Looking for a new Car cover, I have a couple Wolf brand outdoor covers for my other Camaros, The Car will usually be in the SHop so I am not sure I really need a Outdoor cover even though I think they are a better more protective cover. I do Like the GM Black indoor cover that says Camaro on it but not sure of the quality and maybe paying for the name.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:52 PM   #2
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Hi, Looking for a new Car cover, I have a couple Wolf brand outdoor covers for my other Camaros, The Car will usually be in the SHop so I am not sure I really need a Outdoor cover even though I think they are a better more protective cover. I do Like the GM Black indoor cover that says Camaro on it but not sure of the quality and maybe paying for the name.
I had one of those GM car covers with the "CAMARO" on it and stripes on it too given to me by my parts guy at my dealership, I don't have it anymore, but it was a well made cover with brass grommets and a tie done cord and cable lock, and came in a nice carry bag. I gave it to a friend of mine because I needed an outdoor cover for my Camaro. I looked at the price of them back then and they were selling upwards of 350 bucks!!!
Old 11-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #3
Joe.G

Looking at these 4 I really like the look of the GM one, I can find it cheaper I was just using This Link.

https://smile.amazon.com/GM-Accessor...ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

https://smile.amazon.com/2010-2018-C...ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

https://smile.amazon.com/2010-2019-C...ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

https://www.southerncarparts.com/201...with-logo.html
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 11-11-2021, 07:41 PM   #4
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
California car cover
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
Joe.G

I went with this one,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182364115490

It is a nice cover and it is fleece lined inside, I was getting mixed reviews if it it was one not. It fits very well and is fairly thick you do not see though it when stretched. It is not as protective as my Outdoor cover.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 06-08-2022, 10:06 PM   #6
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I bought a generic one from Costco for my Jag. It didn't fit very well so I tried it on the Camaro and it fit very well. This was listed as an indoor cover only and is of pretty good quality and the price was right. Less than $50.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote