Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-28-2022, 07:29 AM   #15
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
I'm going to be honest I didn't even think about the brake fluid steering fluid or the coolant... I might take those somewhere to get that done unless it's pretty easy I hurt my back and had major surgery a year ago so can't do what I used to be able to unfortunately.

The Ps fluid is easy you can get most of it using a turkey baster.

You just need to do it 2 or three times

Empty the reservoir with the baster and refill it and go for drive do this again a few times a viola its almost 100% fresh without bleeding the system.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #16
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
I've stepped up to Adam's Graphene ceramic coatings and detail spray and tire dressing for my dailies. The Camaro just gets a good wash and a coat of H2O Guard and Gloss about every 3rd wash. Probably will coat it eventually. Pink spray is as good as it ever was!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:39 AM   #17
chef-beavis

Graphene Advanced Ceramic first wash after winter.

About 44k on the clock.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2022, 10:22 AM   #18
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
The Ps fluid is easy you can get most of it using a turkey baster.

You just need to do it 2 or three times

Empty the reservoir with the baster and refill it and go for drive do this again a few times a viola its almost 100% fresh without bleeding the system.
Perfect idea! didn't think about that! but I have to worry about getting air in the system like I do with the brake fluid?

nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 10:28 AM   #19
nebchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
I've stepped up to Adam's Graphene ceramic coatings and detail spray and tire dressing for my dailies. The Camaro just gets a good wash and a coat of H2O Guard and Gloss about every 3rd wash. Probably will coat it eventually. Pink spray is as good as it ever was!
so can I use the Graphene ceramic detail spray even though I don't have a ceramic coating on the car? just trying to figure out if it's better the same or whatever then the pink stuff.

is the H2O guard and gloss something you have to really know what you're doing or is it just a spray? I really want to get a ceramic coat put on my car but I don't feel comfortable doing it myself I'm sure my back also doesn't feel comfortable doing it LOL...

there's a company that is near me that would do a 7-year warrantied coating for 999 or a 5 yr one for 799 and they do everything like paint correction clay bar before they do all the ceramic and they do it to the tires the wheels everything. I just don't know if it worth it. I mean I know the ceramic is worth it I just don't know that's a lot of money 🤑💰

Old 05-28-2022, 10:30 AM   #20
nebchevy

Quote:
About 44k on the clock.
WOWSERS!! Guess I should maybe look into getting it done! cuz my car is basically still brand new it doesn't even have 10,000 miles on it. hmmmmm.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:47 PM   #21
chef-beavis

Mine has 7k on it. That is why I haven't done it. Guard and Gloss is fast and easy. Spray it on a wet car before drying, then smearing it in and buff up as you dry.

I haven't really used Graphene detail on the car because it hasn't needed it since switching. I'd stay with the pink ��

I think the ceramic is great because it's really been amazing at eliminating micro marring, but I will say it's money lost to some degree if you do automatic car washes. The protection is still under there, but their shitty spray waxes and sealants lose their beading in a week or two, and that crap sits on top of your coating. Sounds crazy, but I fixed my by washing it twice with Dawn to get that crap off, then with Graphene shampoo, then I put some Boost on it. You could actually witness the beading return after the Dawn.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:49 PM   #22
chef-beavis

And every time I try to do an auto and buy the $5 cheap wash to avoid the waxes, the local owner seems to be having an unannounced Customer Appreciation sale and has the works turned on for the $5....
Old 05-28-2022, 01:19 PM   #23
nebchevy

Quote:
Mine has 7k on it. That is why I haven't done it. Guard and Gloss is fast and easy. Spray it on a wet car before drying, then smearing it in and buff up as you dry.

I haven't really used Graphene detail on the car because it hasn't needed it since switching. I'd stay with the pink ��

I think the ceramic is great because it's really been amazing at eliminating micro marring, but I will say it's money lost to some degree if you do automatic car washes. The protection is still under there, but their shitty spray waxes and sealants lose their beading in a week or two, and that crap sits on top of your coating. Sounds crazy, but I fixed my by washing it twice with Dawn to get that crap off, then with Graphene shampoo, then I put some Boost on it. You could actually witness the beading return after the Dawn.

Have you done or had your car ceramic coated or just speaking from what has been said ect? I have heard nothing but great things but damn its expensive and I would want someone else to do it as they will do all the paint correction first and I am a mechanic lol not a car detail guy and never have been. I still keep my shit clean just never been into waxing and all that.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:53 PM   #24
chef-beavis

I have done my Tahoe and Silverado. The maintenance comments are my personal experience. I have not done my Camaro. Simply haven't had the time, or need, because it is a toy and sees no bad weather.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:35 PM   #25
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
What would or do you use for a detail spray with Adams? They have SO much new stuff I am lost lol 🤣
I swap between the pink and anniversary (black) detail spray on my vehicles that are not ceramic coated. For ceramic coated vehicles I use tec582. But in general I use a lot of different products from them.
Attached Images

ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:15 PM   #26
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
If the engine hasn't run for 6 years, like the others have said, change all the fluids including the gasoline. If you can, prelube the engine lubrication system to get fresh oil to the bearings and throughout before starting for the first time. Rotate the engine over a few times by hand before starting while priming.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 05:53 AM   #27
nebchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
I swap between the pink and anniversary (black) detail spray on my vehicles that are not ceramic coated. For ceramic coated vehicles I use tec582. But in general I use a lot of different products from them.

That is a lot of products!! I am jealous lol. Love the set-up

Old 05-29-2022, 05:55 AM   #28
nebchevy

Quote:
I have done my Tahoe and Silverado. The maintenance comments are my personal experience. I have not done my Camaro. Simply haven't had the time, or need, because it is a toy and sees no bad weather.
Ok I get ya. Yeah my Camaro is a toy as well. has never seen rain and doesn't go out much. So maybe I just need to keep her clean and use the pink stuff like I always have!