Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-12-2022, 01:26 PM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
The Camaro +To The Max Wax in DIRECT SUNLIGHT

After sleeping all day yesterday to recover from my 7-day, 12 hours a day work week, I got up this morning and did it. I washed the Camaro and after finishing drying it, I started to apply the Hybrid Solutions Graphene/To The Max Wax.

For an applicator, I used an auto-parts store microfiber applicator (I buy them in bulk, so they are use once, then throw away. That way I can just grab one out of the bag and not have to worry if it is clean or not).

I know the instructions say to use 3 dime sized drops on the applicator, but I used less than suggested - two drops or a thin line of product about 2 " long. I still got full, even coverage and I ended up using so little, that bottle will likely last for 10+ applications, so even though it's $27 for a bottle (at Advance Auto Parts), it's still cheap for how far that amount of product will go.

Since my garage is too small for me to wax the entire car in there (I would have to pull it out to get to the front end and passenger side), I decided to do it in the driveway, in the sun. Nothing like trying out a new product under less than ideal conditions... And for those who are curious, it is currently 82* with 50% humidity and I'm sure the paint was a lot hotter than that.

Onto my impressions:

For me, application was a touch grabby, but I contribute that tho the heat and humidity, but otherwise, getting a smooth even coat was easy. I applied and removed the wax 1 panel at a time, splitting the roof and hood into 2 sections. I did the tops first (hood, roof, trunk lid, roof pillars and windows) then puled out the chair, so I could sit to do the sides.

Wipe off was a DREAM. Apply, wait a few minutes and use the damp towel to wipe down the panel, then immediately buff the panel with a clean/dry microfiber - I used a Chemical Guys "Happy Ending" towel for buffing - it's VERY thick and VERY, VERY fluffy and it worked great with no linting. Just continue to buff the panel until it's slicker than snot and you're done, it's THAT EASY.

Application to the "cooler" areas (those in the shade) was a touch less grabby and in some areas where it was really cool (relative to the panels in direct sun), it spread like butter. Total time to wash, dry and apply/remove the Max Wax was about 2.5 hours...I was taking my time with a few water breaks in there, but even so, I don't think 2.5 hours was too bad. I applied it by hand, so I'm sure if I had used my polisher, it would have gone a lot faster, plus I'm sure guys in better shape than me could greatly reduce that time.

Onto the results:

Is it slick? Oh most definitely, it is extremely slick, even under the damp towel. Is it deep and glossy? Absolutely.Is it better than the Flex Wax? I have no idea. My car got two coats of Flex Wax just over a month ago and was already very deep and glossy, so *I* couldn't tell a difference. I do however think it might be slicker than the Flex Wax, at least right after application, will it stay that way? Again, I have no idea. Is it worth $27 per bottle? I think it might be. In my estimate, I can probably get 12 or more coats on a Camaro-sized car and even if it only lasts a few months (on its own) that means you would only have to reapply it 3 - 4 times a year and if there are roughly 12 application in a bottle that's several years worth of product for $27, not bad at all.

Onto the pics:
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2022, 12:12 PM   #2
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
After a heavy rain at work last night....
Attached Images