Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Drives: 17 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Candie
Why no stripes on the roof?

Yes I am new and Yes I have a thousand question and Yes I did a search. I am not the most savvy forum user. lol

Why are there no stripes on the roof of the Camaro's? I noticed that even the few pics I have seen with the full stripes... ( meaning the ones who have them down the front/rear bumper and not just on the hood and trunk) don't have stripes on the roof. What is the reason for that?

Here is a pic of my new baby!

Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Welcome.
Nice car! Love VR with dark tint.
About the stripes -- there are some here with stripes extending over the roof, or all the way down the bumpers, but most here consider that a Mustang thing.
It's your car, do what you think looks good! Before you do, search around here for stripe pictures.
I have the same color and I haven't really seen any stripes that would improve the car, though I do have "gill" accents that break up the sides a little bit.
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
magzx12r

Drives: 2017 Dodge Viper
Nice car Candie. I picked up a black 2SS a few weeks ago.
magzx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
Welcome.
Nice car! Love VR with dark tint.
About the stripes -- there are some here with stripes extending over the roof, or all the way down the bumpers, but most here consider that a Mustang thing.
It's your car, do what you think looks good! Before you do, search around here for stripe pictures.
I have the same color and I haven't really seen any stripes that would improve the car, though I do have "gill" accents that break up the sides a little bit.
I loved the red. Went to look at the Orange because I LOVE orange. My 2 previous Camaro's have been Sunset orange, but the VR took my breath away. I want white stripes, just to make mine a little different from the other VR ones I have seen. In my area (Houston) I see mainly black, white and sliver not that many reds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r View Post
Nice car Candie. I picked up a black 2SS a few weeks ago.
Hey I know you from MH. Hope you love your new Camaro as much as I love mine.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
magzx12r

Drives: 2017 Dodge Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
Hey I know you from MH. Hope you love your new Camaro as much as I love mine.
I am really enjoying the car. I better because I gave up (2) bikes to make room in the garage. I am down to just one now. Anybody else on MH drive a Camaro?

BTW, black stripes and black wheels would look killer on your car.
magzx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
hubcap

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Is that your Yukon in the back? Thinking about getting one as a winter car. Do you like it?
Back on topic...I dont know why they dont put them on the roof. I have a sunroof so it wouldnt look good on my VR.
hubcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r View Post
I am really enjoying the car. I better because I gave up (2) bikes to make room in the garage. I am down to just one now. Anybody else on MH drive a Camaro?

BTW, black stripes and black wheels would look killer on your car.
I don't know of anyone else on MH the has a Camaro. I still have my Honda and the 2fiddy. Not sure I am gonna race the bikes anymore after my latest get off and re-breaking my clavicle. Think we r still gonna do a few trackdays for the rest of the year and then we r done. Kinda why we went ahead and bought the Camaro, gotta keep my adrenalin going after giving up road racing. lol

Have you taken yours to HRP yet? I want to take mine once my clavicle heals up.

Not a big fan of the black on black look. It has kinda been overdone here in H-town.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
Is that your Yukon in the back? Thinking about getting one as a winter car. Do you like it?
Back on topic...I dont know why they dont put them on the roof. I have a sunroof so it wouldnt look good on my VR.
It is a Tahoe and we have had it since 2002. We LOVE it. It has been an awesome vehicle. 141,000 miles and it is still running strong although now that we have the new Camaro I am not sure how much it will be driven anymore. My son hated riding in the back seat of my older Camaros because there wasn't much room. The new Camaro surprisingly has quite a bit of space in the back seat.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
hubcap

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
cool. Thanks fot the info. Love your car. Its mod time! Heres mine...
Attached Images

hubcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
Everyone has there own opinion on what looks good to them but I constantly get praise about my stripes. Everyone says (me included) that the big white stripes really make it pop.

Before putting them on I was back and forth between white or black stripes. That's initially why I did vinyl stripes in case I want to change colors. Now...I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my stripes!
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
But....to answer the OP's question. Like someone else mentioned, most people see the stripes on the roof as Mustang. Typically Mustang stripes go from the very front, over the roof, and down the back. They also have a fairly narrow gap between them. Based on the First and Second Gen Camaros the stripes are typically only on the hood, trunk lid, and maybe spoiler.

It's your car though. Do what you want and what looks good to you. Don't worry about what others think. The only suggestion I would say is to do them in vinyl so they can be removed or changed if you want down the road.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
But....to answer the OP's question. Like someone else mentioned, most people see the stripes on the roof as Mustang. Typically Mustang stripes go from the very front, over the roof, and down the back. They also have a fairly narrow gap between them. Based on the First and Second Gen Camaros the stripes are typically only on the hood, trunk lid, and maybe spoiler.

It's your car though. Do what you want and what looks good to you. Don't worry about what others think. The only suggestion I would say is to do them in vinyl so they can be removed or changed if you want down the road.
I haven't seen any with the stripes on the roof. I was wondering what, if any was the reasoning behind it. The only car I have seen with the stripes on the roof are the Mustang. I love the white but have also thought about sliver as well to blend with the rims. I think I would like the stripes on the roof but IDK. Where would I get vinyl other than the dealer? I guess I could google for something in Houston.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Candie welcome to C5.

At least one of the forum sponsors has stripe packages... Ryder Graphics.

We have a Camaro Club in the Houston and surrounding area, H-Town Camaro Club. We get together for meets and shows. We also do road trips from time to time. Every third Saturday we have our Club meeting at....

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Houston Galleria Area
1625 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
Phone: 713-355-3440
When: Saturday June 19th, 2010
Time: 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.

(THAT IS THIS AFTERNOON)

Your more than welcome to come by and meet some of the other members. You can bring you significant other too. We park our cars in the open area in back. You can't miss all the camaros.

Our Club Forum is http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php

Very nice Camaro you have!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
IBM 2SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I was told by a dealer that the first generation didn't have stripes on the roof so they are keeping with tradition.
IBM 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote