Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #449
J3ff

Drives: 2002 SS
Kids are ALWAYS up to no good at night. hellllllllllllllllllllfkin no would a teenager of ANY KIND get my new camaro for a night.
J3ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #450
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER SS View Post
I'll chime in with a hell no!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #451
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3ff View Post
Kids are ALWAYS up to no good at night. hellllllllllllllllllllfkin no would a teenager of ANY KIND get my new camaro for a night.
BESIDES , no way in the world i would ever let anybody take my 2 [two] babies at the same time ,NO WAY JOSE
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #452
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincewalthers View Post
I'm barely 22 so it was only a few years ago for me. Its crazy the difference in my friends and the people I went to school with and the kids that are only 3 years younger.. When did it all change? lol
wow, didn't know I was only 2 years younger than you
To answer the question.....

No
いいえ
Nein
Gigachip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #453
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I am the daughter of the owner of the camaro user known as "oldfriend." My dad has had this car for a little under a year now and he loves it. He won't even use it if it is raining, because he doesn't want to get watermarks on it, that's how crazy he is about the car. My boyfriend and I have a homecoming at school which is almost like a prom and we have been asking him to negotiate with us to get to use the car. My dad told me to post a thread about this "just for fun" but I think that if enough people think it would be okay to take the car for just this one night he might just change his mind and agree to it. So, people if you read this please say that you think it is a good idea!
Thank you for all your help!
NO!
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #454
Berean

Drives: Truck
It's getting a little stuffy in here. Someone needs to open a window and let some of the no out.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #455
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Sorry, my answer is still no way!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #456
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Wink 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
It's getting a little stuffy in here. Someone needs to open a window and let some of the no out.
YEAH , i will be waiting for the time when you be in my shoes !!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #457
J3ff

Drives: 2002 SS
You should tell her that she's lucky that you're letting her go to a dance and being ok with the fact that she'll end up getting some (whatever version some is for him and her) afterwards from him.

That'll put a real shock on her face...

Because let's be real here, a dance is just foreplay infront of everyone, and it's made for some very hot moments in my past between me and my girlfriends
J3ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #458
moolys

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS Synergy Green
ummm let me think about this well I did hell no sorry your dad is right to stiking to his guns sorry
moolys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #459
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuioutta View Post
I remeber what I did in high school as opposed to what I said I would do so NO would be my answer also. Even with all the trust in the world- still no.

My wife won't even drive my Camaro, not because I wouldn't let her (I have and will any time she wants), but because she knows how well I treat the car and how much it would bother me if something happened to it.
i love my car but i do drive it in the rain but not in the snow. i am kinda anal (the wife dont like it though ) i wont even let other people i trust drive my car with out me in it. the wife only drives it if she has to, she doesnt want to mess it up because she knows i love that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro509 View Post
My son is in his senior year of HS as well, he is a responsible driver and understands consequences. He has also already joined the Marines under the delayed entry and is due to ship off to boot camp a little under a month after graduating. He isn't taking my car either, even though he's asked a few times to take his girlfriend to the senior prom.

It isn't that I don't trust him or his driving, rather all the douchebags that will be there as well.
i do let my boy(18) drive it if i'm with him (not always)
i did have to get tires on my avalanche and only my boy was home so i let him take the car and drove the truck. we only went a mile and he was in the rear view the whole time and all the way there i know he's going to treat it with but still worried me.

when it came time for his senior prom i said i dont want him to and so did the wife, but now that he has graduated and is furthering his education I feel bad and should be ashamed of my self for not alowing him to take the car and make great memories.

on a side note the father could let them take the car and follow them there, wait for them to go inside and then take the car home. she could then call with ample time and say we are ready to go, then the dad can bring the car back, and let her drive it home or whatever.

dont get me wrong i love my car and would never want anything to happen to it but the reason we have nice things is because we want them and part of the reason we want them (the fun part anyway) is showing them off to people, it is a great feeling and shairing that with your daughter is priceless.

so after all that my answer would be YES as long as he trusts her to respect whats his, and the rest is having fath.
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #460
98nosz28

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
Yes of course you should be able to take it. You know how much the car means to your dad and would never let anything happen to it. He should be proud that you want to use it. I had a friend use my 98 camaro for his wedding it was a H/C/I car lowered with ground effects and i told him he could use it as long as he did a nice smokey burnout when he left the church.

When my daughter is old enough to drive she will be either racing what car i have or we will have her own race car.

The car is insured and everything is replacable.

PS IF YOU DO GET IT DO NOT LET THE BOYTOY DRIVE. THAT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT.

2011 SS/RS synergy green, sunroof, M6. Street scene ground effects, hood spear and shark fin decals from ridergraphix.
98nosz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #461
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
F%$@ NO!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #462
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Homecoming? This time of year? When is this event?
Wasn't really into Homecoming when I was in school but for SENIOR Prom I was allowed to use my dads Corvette one year and one year my boss let me use his car!
Today, I would let my kids have it for SENIOR prom, matter of fact my son used my 73 for his.
I am also in the minority here as I drive ALL my Camaros' they just don't sit in a garage.
So, YES for a SENIOR PROM, no for a homecoming.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro 2ss/rs, kids, teenagers