Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #29
Alaskan_SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
Quite the contrary. The new Mustang transmissions hold up extremely well to mods so much so that there is bunch of the 100% stock ford transmissions in the 9's and doing just fine. I'd look it up and show you vids for even more proof but its dinner time.

Start looking at daily driven cars with mods. They aren't holding up. Call Ford service departments looking for parts for the GETRAG...can't make them fast enough....Visit Tremec and look at the Perma Grin on their faces because of the Mustang 6 spd conversion sales..... If you don't believe me, call them. Like I said before. Three reasons why I bought a Camaro:

1. Camaro is beautiful
2. Mustang's GETRAG
3. Dealerships in Anchorage had no Mustangs, and none coming till end of Summer....I live in Alaska.

I read about the GETRAG, and made a lot of phone calls. Up until I bought my Camaro I was a Mustang lover.....was so excited about the 5.0
Alaskan_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #30
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_SS View Post

It's so funny how so many people (primarily now with the 5.0 crowd) buy their cars just to say "HA Mines Faster" The majority of people who purchase these cars don't buy them to race. We just like the style, sounds, power, etc... Get over it and just congratulate the person for having a pony car..... whether it's a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger.
That is fact that gets lost on a lot of the Mustang fan boys. I am willing to sacrifice 1 or 2 tenths of a second for a few of the styling features that make this car so bad ass. The 20 inch wheels with the way the car is geared accounts for those 1 or 2 tenths. I think GM found a great balance between performance and styling.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #31
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #32
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Also the most important fact that everyone is missing is that the CAMARO rides WAYYY better because of the IRS. LOL, try taking a 400 mile trip in the mustang and see how fast you can't wait to get out of that car. Solid axle good for racing, but not so great for everyday driving and holding up over time. That's why the camaro is pefered, you have speed, style and comfort of a nice sedan when it comes to the ride.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Also the most important fact that everyone is missing is that the CAMARO rides WAYYY better because of the IRS. LOL, try taking a 400 mile trip in the mustang and see how fast you can't wait to get out of that car. Solid axle good for racing, but not so great for everyday driving and holding up over time. That's why the camaro is pefered, you have speed, style and comfort of a nice sedan when it comes to the ride.
Disagree. The 8.8 solid axle is far stronger than the Camaro IRS. Mustang is plenty comfortable and the A/C works better than the Camaro. That is of utmost importance here in Texas where it has been in 100+* heat for close to a month already and we haven't even hit the peak of Summer yet.

FWIW - our Challenger is the most comfortable of the 3 hands down.

People wonder why we post here and in the correct sections/threads. Ton of mis-information/perception. I am sure I will get banned for posting the facts as will others.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #34
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Disagree. The 8.8 solid axle is far stronger than the Camaro IRS. Mustang is plenty comfortable and the A/C works better than the Camaro. That is of utmost importance here in Texas where it has been in 100+* heat for close to a month already and we haven't even hit the peak of Summer yet.

FWIW - our Challenger is the most comfortable of the 3 hands down.

People wonder why we post here and in the correct sections/threads. Ton of mis-information/perception. I am sure I will get banned for posting the facts as will others.
No it's not a better ride. I'm telling you from experience as well and here in Michigan our roads are alottttttttttttt rougher then yours. Let me tell you, you feel every freaking bump in the road here with mustang the oppose to the camaro. Literally when I've drive the new mustangs on the highways that are a little rough it feels like I'm driving my drag car(2005 GTO) on the streets which by the way had it's IRS changed out for the exact same rear axle they use in the mustangs. It's a big reason why I turned down buying a GT500 and have elected to just save the money from that car and get a GTR.

And all their rides sucked when compared to my M6 so yeah I'm not mis-informed or don't know what I'm looking for.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #35
InfernoCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Dude I live in texas my ac works great. And I do feel every bump in the road too when I do drive down some bad roads. But other than that it is real smooooth.
InfernoCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #36
slow one

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
what i find funny is that finally, in 2011 ford makes a good product to compete with the camaro due to the fact that in 2010, the camaro was the best. how about every other year besides 2011? what was the verdict those years? besides ford throwing a blower on a car and trying to have it compete with gm, i dont think you will find too many mustangs that have beaten camaros.
slow one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #37
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
What?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #38
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Quote:
Thats why Ford doesn't want to change to IRS...they lose their advantage.......
But FORD is changing to IRS in 2014!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #39
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow one View Post
what i find funny is that finally, in 2011 ford makes a good product to compete with the camaro due to the fact that in 2010, the camaro was the best. how about every other year besides 2011? what was the verdict those years? besides ford throwing a blower on a car and trying to have it compete with gm, i dont think you will find too many mustangs that have beaten camaros.
03-04 Cobras with its IRS and special model specific hand built fully forged supercharged 4.6L developed and engineered by John Coletti.

I can post a video if you'd like

The Fox body mustang (79-93) for the most part had the 3rd gen camaro covered in performance except some weird 81 turbo firebird, and the 2010 GT wasn't all that bad and about half of the testers preferred it over the SS in compros due to it lighter lively feel and handling aspects. Me not so much I'd rather have a 2010 SS over a 2010 GT.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #40
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
03-04 Cobras with its IRS and special model specific hand built fully forged supercharged 4.6L developed and engineered by John Coletti.

I can post a video if you'd like

The Fox body mustang (79-93) for the most part had the 3rd gen camaro covered in performance except some weird 81 turbo firebird, and the 2010 GT wasn't all that bad and about half of the testers preferred it over the SS in compros due to it lighter lively feel and handling aspects. Me not so much I'd rather have a 2010 SS over a 2010 GT.
Actually, the first turbo bird was kinda a turd. The one to look out for was the 1989 Trans Am 20th anniversary with the GN motor. Very quick car for the day.
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #41
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
I don't know how this topic changed from the video to transmissions??? But here is my 2 cents. The second reason why I didn't buy the Mustang is the GETRAG transmission!!!!! Most of the big name magazines even wondered why Ford used it. Also why so many companies started making conversions for the Tremec as soon as the 5.0 was released....just saying.....

It's so funny how so many people (primarily now with the 5.0 crowd) buy their cars just to say "HA Mines Faster" The majority of people who purchase these cars don't buy them to race. We just like the style, sounds, power, etc... Get over it and just congratulate the person for having a pony car..... whether it's a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger.

Side note**** Why to Mustang owners and Fans continue to make one sided comments on this site? Get a life.... And yes it works both ways....they will not find me on their forum sites....
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...g-daisies.html
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #42
Unobtainium
Fabricator

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
The mustang does not ride as nice as the camaro, it sounds better, and it had a better transmission(manual) when I drove them both.
The styling is a personal thing, and the sales are beginning to show that GM got that part right.
The battle is great for both camps. I think Ford confirmed the Market was ready for nostalgia/new styling, the Boss 302 is surely the trigger for the z/28, and the Zl-1 is in response to Ford's GT500.
The terminators ride really well, and perform great on the track. That version had glass axles and porcelain diffs. The straight axle is tough, and cheap. With decades of work and re-work, they have made it a handling exception.
Let the pony car wars continue...
Oh, and the SRT-8's are far nicer inside than anything I have ridden in from GM or Ford. Not even close.
393whp L99
GPI VVT Turbo Cam-in
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote