Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
camarosss

Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
When will ordering begin?????

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repost but does anyone have an idea of when ordering will begin. I've had my deposit in for a while now, talked to my dealer and as of today (12/23/13) no word. I suspect sometime in January but would like to know an exact date. Thanks.

Scott???? Al????

1967 RS/SS 468 18s/20s
2002 Berger #80
2002 SS A4 RED/BLK 19s
2002 Tahoe Z71 BLK 23s For Sale
2009 Tahoe LTZ BLK 26s
2012 ZL1 #1342
2014 Z/28 #225
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
shortly after they announce a price

Detroit Autoshow is coming up - my bet is that is when you will hear more details
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...agreed Col., around the '13th of January.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
razorz28

Drives: 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Z06
I think GM has blown it a bit with announcing the car and waiting so long to announce a price or tell us when ordering begins. Some new cars on the horizon that are interesting.
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
I think GM has blown it a bit with announcing the car and waiting so long to announce a price or tell us when ordering begins. Some new cars on the horizon that are interesting.
?
Old 12-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
Why? Those new cars would still be on the horizon if GM kept quiet about the Z/28 until the day before production starts.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Why? Those new cars would still be on the horizon if GM kept quiet about the Z/28 until the day before production starts.
But revealing the Z/28 closer to its production date would keep the hype up all the way until ordering began. Let's face it, the Z forum has been pretty quite for a while now. Just imagine if ordering started a few months ago.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
I have a order in sense they were ok to take deposits, that was a month ago. At that time still no time line or price. I have heard it will be more than the ZL1 in price.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
But revealing the Z/28 closer to its production date would keep the hype up all the way until ordering began. Let's face it, the Z forum has been pretty quite for a while now. Just imagine if ordering started a few months ago.
People want CARS, not an order for one. Placing an order, and not getting a car for 4 or 5 months builds frustration, not excitement.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
People want CARS, not an order for one. Placing an order, and not getting a car for 4 or 5 months builds frustration, not excitement.
I understand that. I'm saying, why not reveal the car as close to production as possible? What do they gain by having it 12+ months ahead of time?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I remember when the ZL1 pricing was announced before it's release for the 2012 MY and they made the announcement sometime IIRC in October of 2011. They also made the announcement of when ordering and production would occur at the same time. So far they are lagging behind the ZL1 schedule. If they don't have their ducks in row in the next month, we're probably looking at a '15 MY Z/28.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #12
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...GM scheduled Oshawa and a few other production facilities at or about the first to second week of January to retool. Some will be closed for a week, some up to two weeks at least. Look for the pricing on the Z/28 to come out at the advent of the Detroit Auto Show.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I understand that. I'm saying, why not reveal the car as close to production as possible? What do they gain by having it 12+ months ahead of time?
I misread your comment then. I figured that when you mentioned opening ordering months ago, you thought ... well, that they should have opened up ordering months ago. And since the start of production is pretty much fixed, that would entail having a much longer wait between ordering & delivery.

Anyway, they shouldn't have shown the car when they did. It was too soon, as was the ZL1 (and frankly, nearly everything else from GM). If it were up to me, I wouldn't have done it any sooner than the LA Autoshow. Preferably Detroit or Chicago -then let people place their orders later that afternoon.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #14
Reefblue42

Drives: '20 ZL1/'97 SS LT4
Quote:
I misread your comment then. I figured that when you mentioned opening ordering months ago, you thought ... well, that they should have opened up ordering months ago. And since the start of production is pretty much fixed, that would entail having a much longer wait between ordering & delivery.

Anyway, they shouldn't have shown the car when they did. It was too soon, as was the ZL1 (and frankly, nearly everything else from GM). If it were up to me, I wouldn't have done it any sooner than the LA Autoshow. Preferably Detroit or Chicago -then let people place their orders later that afternoon.
Agreed, way too soon.
Reefblue42 is offline   Reply With Quote