Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Calimaro

Drives: silver
Talking New Twin Screw for Camaro by Techco coming?

Hello all,

I am new to the site and I have been waiting for my Camaro for quite some time now (who hasn't lol) My previous ride was a 2006 Saleen Extreme and I was able to get a great price without losing money and I couldn't resist the new camaro, I fell in love with it. The one thing I want get is a supercharger and I see the magna charger is coming soon. My Saleen had a twin screw and I remember that the guys at Saleen built the first camaro for the transformer show so I called them up to see if they are doing a supercharger or any performanace for it. Unfortnately they are not but I was able to talk to Carlos Duran who is now with Techco and I was told by him that they are working on a twin screw for the Camaro's!!! I did a little research and Carlos directed me to their website, which has a lot of data on what they have been doing. I found out that they developed a twin screw for dodge, ford and now the Corvette LS3. Needless to say I am leaning towards a twin screw from Techco and I am thinking of dropping her off. What do you guys think? I posted a link of the bower for you all to see. Techco told me it is coming in June.

Click here to see Video

Any advise would be great!!!

Rick
Calimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
yeah Techco is fairly new i guess. i know of a 5.7 challenger from ft lauderdale that installed one and the engine blew up. i am not sure if it was the tune, they are currently rebuilding the engine and I think techo is paying them to fix it. The car owner is Lisa and Kris from BMC performance. they do Dodges and Fords.

i know of another SRT charger in Albuquerque that also blew up his engine with the Techco supercharger. his engine was bored to a 392 hemi and now he is going with a 426
Old 05-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
yeah Techco is fairly new i guess. i know of a 5.7 challenger from ft lauderdale that installed one and the engine blew up. i am not sure if it was the tune, they are currently rebuilding the engine and I think techo is paying them to fix it. The car owner is Lisa and Kris from BMC performance. they do Dodges and Fords.

i know of another SRT charger in Albuquerque that also blew up his engine with the Techco supercharger. his engine was bored to a 392 hemi and now he is going with a 426
That's the first I've heard about this, links?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Calimaro

Drives: silver
I know Bmc and used to buy accessories for my Extreme. She was tracking the car and running nitrous, I called to talk to her about it and she ordered a 397 from Techco I also talked to Techco about the one in albuquerque and that car is at Techco for R&D and they are using his car for hp upgrades, I guess thats what happens with R&D.. lol.... What i like about them is that I can ask them anything and I dont sense anything being hidden.

found this on their website... hahaha

Click here to see Video
Calimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:

Do you have any factual information that Techo S/C was the cause or any solid info that Techo has acknowledged their fault and paying for the damage?
Secondly, I'd like to know which shop you're referring in Ft. Lauderdale.

Any small incorrect tune can blow the engine with or without any F/I.
I have seen cars with H/C blow engine due to improper timing or leaning out.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
BMC Performance

Drives: 850+hp Mustang; 620+hp Chally
I'm Lisa, the owner of BMC Performance in WPB, FL. We do carry the complete Techco line-up and I would highly recommend their supercharger systems - the best quality and materials I have ever seen in a kit. I have run very high boost on my Mustang with a Vortech and enjoy that, but the Techco unit on the Challenger was just amazing! We had the first 5.7 kit on my 5.7 Challenger and did not run a Techco tune. Since we installed and tuned the system prior to Techco completing their install and tune, we had Diablosport custom dyno tune my car. My engine did experience failure, which I was at the track running the Techco supercharger, but I want to clear up a couple of things. I was NOT running nitrous at the same time as the supercharger. I never had the nitrous hooked up while the supercharger was on the car. I had run nitrous prior to the supercharger, as the first 5.7 to ever install and run it for ZEX. We bought this Challenger in September to use for R&D and product testing so I knew going into this that the car would end up being fully built. So, in all, Techco is building me a 397 stroker (first one) and we are getting the first ported Techco supercharger as well, along with tuning from Techco. I am not afraid to continue to run their products and we have installed several systems on Challenger and sold dozens. A Techco supercharger on the new Camaro would be an outstanding mod, trust me!!
BMC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
Ltdodge

I was not posting to say they are bad, just that it is new and they had some issues during testing early ones. I am sure they have solved thier issues but i am not sure if they have tested on the LS3...

here is the link to the challenger

http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13535
Old 05-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC Performance View Post
I'm Lisa, the owner of BMC Performance in WPB, FL. We do carry the complete Techco line-up and I would highly recommend their supercharger systems - the best quality and materials I have ever seen in a kit. I have run very high boost on my Mustang with a Vortech and enjoy that, but the Techco unit on the Challenger was just amazing! We had the first 5.7 kit on my 5.7 Challenger and did not run a Techco tune. Since we installed and tuned the system prior to Techco completing their install and tune, we had Diablosport custom dyno tune my car. My engine did experience failure, which I was at the track running the Techco supercharger, but I want to clear up a couple of things. I was NOT running nitrous at the same time as the supercharger. I never had the nitrous hooked up while the supercharger was on the car. I had run nitrous prior to the supercharger, as the first 5.7 to ever install and run it for ZEX. We bought this Challenger in September to use for R&D and product testing so I knew going into this that the car would end up being fully built. So, in all, Techco is building me a 397 stroker (first one) and we are getting the first ported Techco supercharger as well, along with tuning from Techco. I am not afraid to continue to run their products and we have installed several systems on Challenger and sold dozens. A Techco supercharger on the new Camaro would be an outstanding mod, trust me!!
Thanks Lisa for stepping and clearing the air. It's amazing how one story can be changed by not submitting all the facts.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
BMC Performance

Quote:
I was not posting to say they are bad, just that it is new and they had some issues during testing early ones. I am sure they have solved thier issues but i am not sure if they have tested on the LS3...

here is the link to the challenger

http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13535
Yeah, that is the thread I started. There are always issues with new products, and currently sitting without my car isn't what I had in mind, but it's for the betterment of the industry and helps make everything going forward better. Anyone who had issues is being taken care of by Techco, and that is what proves the kind of company they are. They make awesome products and stand behind them, as well as their customers!

Lisa.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I'll stick with N/A and stroke my 5.7 to a 6.4 or a 7.0

Hate boost

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
Ltdodge

Quote:
Yeah, that is the thread I started. There are always issues with new products, and currently sitting without my car isn't what I had in mind, but it's for the betterment of the industry and helps make everything going forward better. Anyone who had issues is being taken care of by Techco, and that is what proves the kind of company they are. They make awesome products and stand behind them, as well as their customers!

Lisa.

say hello to kris...i used to live in miami and had a Black SRT 06 charger.. i meet him at the tower shops several times

luis
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
That sounds like something to keep an eye on, by the time he factory warrantee is up I am sure other members will have tried their supercharger. Thanks for your input and experience.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
BMC Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Thanks Lisa for stepping and clearing the air. It's amazing how one story can be changed by not submitting all the facts.
You're welcome! Driving my Techco powered Challenger changed me from being anti-twin screw blower (like I had always been) to absolutely loving this unit!!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
BMC Performance

Quote:
say hello to kris...i used to live in miami and had a Black SRT 06 charger.. i meet him at the tower shops several times

luis
Oh hey!! I'll tell him hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
That sounds like something to keep an eye on, by the time he factory warrantee is up I am sure other members will have tried their supercharger. Thanks for your input and experience.
You're welcome! I actually put an order in as soon as the Camaro specs were released, but then got this Challenger and can't get the Camaro too, now. BUT, I do want to get one ... BAD ... I can do all the testing for you guys, ha ha!!