Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-31-2020, 05:31 PM   #127
Vanishing Point

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Nice, a Kong complete unit? Almost wishing i waited until this year to SC...
Yes, Sir - Complete Kong Unit. Greg (owner) said it will be listed as an add on to the lower (I’m assuming that is because either you have a lesser build and this is too much SC, or you have a ZL1, and you can save money by just buying the bottom). But for custom forged, higher end builds, that aren’t coming from a stock blower, you’ll need the whole deal, and this is the ticket. Not like anyone couldn’t benefit from much cooler IATs but if you already had the stock ZL1 blower top, would you really pay for this lid just for cooler temps? Probably not often. That explains the separate line items for the two components but no matter how you put it in your cart, yeah, it’s a complete unit.

Yeah, I have been patient for a long time, knowing this or an equivalent was coming...eventually. Magnuson kept giving us dates, then putting it off, repeat. I feel vindicated that my patience has paid off. It gave me time to really look at other options and be sure I preferred this as opposed to the others (centrifugal, TT or screw) Nothing like buyer’s remorse on a $10K+ mod.

But hey, you’re rocking. Could it be better? Yeah, but that eventually is always the case. Hasn’t your TV become obsolete or your phone? Someday this will be surpassed. But for me, it is all I want or need. I’ll be happy with it for a long, long time.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #128
chevy1234

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2SS Green Flash
I e-mailed magnuson on Friday and received an update this morning. Not looking good unfortunately, will have to go a different route. copy pasting below:

"Caution - This email came from an external address and may contain unsafe content. Ensure you trust this sender before opening attachments or clicking any links in this message.
Here is a product link to our website and our current Camaro Supercharger Systems: https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.co...gory-s/139.htm
Kind regards,

Kevin Woodruff
Field Sales Manager
Magnuson Products LLC.
1990 Knoll Drive, Building A
Ventura, CA 93003
Office - 1.805.642.8833 x 458
Direct - 1.805.918.5977
Cell - 1.848.240.4052

Get the latest Magnuson news: sign up for our email newsletter
FB: www.facebook.com/magnacharger
IG: http://instagram.com/magnusonsuperchargers
"
chevy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #129
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Kong has the 2650 swap kits for LSA and LS9 systems. If that’s what your trying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy1234 View Post
I e-mailed magnuson on Friday and received an update this morning. Not looking good unfortunately, will have to go a different route. copy pasting below:

"Caution - This email came from an external address and may contain unsafe content. Ensure you trust this sender before opening attachments or clicking any links in this message.
Here is a product link to our website and our current Camaro Supercharger Systems: https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.co...gory-s/139.htm
Kind regards,

Kevin Woodruff
Field Sales Manager
Magnuson Products LLC.
1990 Knoll Drive, Building A
Ventura, CA 93003
Office - 1.805.642.8833 x 458
Direct - 1.805.918.5977
Cell - 1.848.240.4052

Get the latest Magnuson news: sign up for our email newsletter
FB: www.facebook.com/magnacharger
IG: http://instagram.com/magnusonsuperchargers
"
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #130
MexicanCustard

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE NPP
Has anyone sourced the heat exchanger, pump, and reservoir to go with the Kong setup. Are there any other parts I'm not aware of to make this work on an SS. Thanks to everyone in this thread. I just decided to pull the trigger on forced induction and this thread has helped me tremendously.
MexicanCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:19 AM   #131
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanCustard View Post
Has anyone sourced the heat exchanger, pump, and reservoir to go with the Kong setup. Are there any other parts I'm not aware of to make this work on an SS. Thanks to everyone in this thread. I just decided to pull the trigger on forced induction and this thread has helped me tremendously.
You could run a trunk tank for the reservoir, find a place to mount an EMP pump, and use a ZL1 heat exchanger. There are many ways to do it. Full OEM stuff or aftermarket or something in between. Many people have done LSA swaps onto non ZL1s and had to source or buy a kit for the parts.

Good luck!

Also, there is a 3100 coming out. All the cool kids will have one.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote