Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #1
laspisa

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Leaking Lid - Livernois dual pump setup

Amigos!

I recently bought a 2010 with a 2300 jack shaft Magnuson, supposedly built internals, BTR stage 2 cam, plus full headers and exhaust. Was also supposed to be setup for e85.

Really nice car and in great shape but having some issues with it and previous owner doesn't know any specifics on built so I am figuring it out as I go (also very new at boosted engines, e85 and all the good fuel delivery issues that go along with it!) I am digging it though and learning a lot which was the goal, plus it's stupid fun to drive and I haven't even really got into it because I want to figure it out so I don't break anything!

Anyways, my issue is that I have a fuel leak on the tank. It is way worse when the tank is full. I took the tank out a couple days ago and couldn't find any cracks or anything in the fuel pump lid, I had partially disassembled it before and thought there was a crack in the 90 fuel supply fitting. We couldn't find any cracks so removed the pump and low and behold found out that I have the Livernois dual pump setup, which I was stoked about! That answers my question on if I had enough fuel system for e85. It also had a KAP setup.

We put some epoxy around the 90 and put a new o'ring gasket on it, hoping that it would fix the leak.

Unfortunately it did not fix the leak. I have several questions but first is

Can i simply replace the top (hat) of the Livernois fuel pump. I really don't want to spend $1k because the plastic piece on the top is cracked somewhere... I have assembled universal fuel pumps before so I know they can be disassembled. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all your help! Dave
laspisa is offline   Reply With Quote