Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #127
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
I miss Letterman too, especially the more cranky side of Letterman back in the early '90's. The Cher and Madonna episodes are treasured classics.

Those Corvette guys are just as bad as everyone else. They're threatened by the fact that the 6th gen SS is almost as quick as they are. However, if you really want to be treated like dirt scum, try driving an early C4 Corvette around town and see how much respect you get. You might as well be driving a Mustang or even some Honda Civic according to them. It's a shame, really.

Yes, they are all great vehicles. However, I'm glad I was able to pick a brand new 5th gen when I was able to. The 6th gen offers mind blowing performance, but the styling doesn't quite do it for me especially in comparision to the simply beautiful, gorgeous 5th gen design. I just wish GM would have went more in the direction of retro styled 2nd gen F-body design on the 6th gen. But, it's all good.
Ah, there's just a lot of folks out there that seem to think the path to self esteem is attacking others self esteem. Then there are those that confuse net worth with self worth. Anyway, enough of the Dr. Phil crap...

I love my '11. GM really did hit a home run with the Gen 5, and I can certainly see why many would prefer it. The Gen 6 really is more of clean slate design. I was at the dealership today getting an oil change, (Man, I need to get a house with garage, I hate changing oil with a credit card) and got a close look at the several they had on the lot. I really like the design, up close and personal I think its nicely aggressive, but it looks sleek and tight. It really is more of a sports car look than a muscle car look, and that, perhaps is where this divide is coming from. Honestly, after I looked at the Camaro, and then at the Corvette, I think I like the Camaro better overall. I'm really glad no sales guy came up, then I would've probably driven it, and then I would've probably bought it, and that would be bad, very bad.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:17 AM   #128
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Ah, there's just a lot of folks out there that seem to think the path to self esteem is attacking others self esteem. Then there are those that confuse net worth with self worth. Anyway, enough of the Dr. Phil crap...

I love my '11. GM really did hit a home run with the Gen 5, and I can certainly see why many would prefer it. The Gen 6 really is more of clean slate design. I was at the dealership today getting an oil change, (Man, I need to get a house with garage, I hate changing oil with a credit card) and got a close look at the several they had on the lot. I really like the design, up close and personal I think its nicely aggressive, but it looks sleek and tight. It really is more of a sports car look than a muscle car look, and that, perhaps is where this divide is coming from. Honestly, after I looked at the Camaro, and then at the Corvette, I think I like the Camaro better overall. I'm really glad no sales guy came up, then I would've probably driven it, and then I would've probably bought it, and that would be bad, very bad.

Kinda like what the Altima did to the Maxima
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #129
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Not sure if it's been said, don't have the kind of time to read through all the posts, but found yet another reason not to like the 6th gen over the weekend. Used to joke with my Challenger friends about their SUV style ride height, looks like GM copied it. Was at a show on Saturday and had a 6th gen parked next to me, both of us were backed into our spots. Was across the lot sitting with a few friends in the shade when I noticed my stock 1 LE suspension made the white 16 SS parked next to me look like an Equinox. Not jealous or petty, just 0 interest in the 6th gen
Old 06-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #130
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Not sure if it's been said, don't have the kind of time to read through all the posts, but found yet another reason not to like the 6th gen over the weekend. Used to joke with my Challenger friends about their SUV style ride height, looks like GM copied it. Was at a show on Saturday and had a 6th gen parked next to me, both of us were backed into our spots. Was across the lot sitting with a few friends in the shade when I noticed my stock 1 LE suspension made the white 16 SS parked next to me look like an Equinox. Not jealous or petty, just 0 interest in the 6th gen
In all fairness, the 6th generation Camaro is 53.1" tall & the 5th generation Camaro 1LE is 54.2" tall. I sat in a '16 Camaro & the seat is higher, but I preferred it because it would make getting in/out easier.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #131
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
In all fairness, the 6th generation Camaro is 53.1" tall & the 5th generation Camaro 1LE is 54.2" tall. I sat in a '16 Camaro & the seat is higher, but I preferred it because it would make getting in/out easier.
Can't argue numbers I'm not sure of, so I'll take your word. I'm simlply talking aesthetically. Front end vs front end stance, looked like an AWD next to mine
Old 06-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #132
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Can't argue numbers I'm not sure of, so I'll take your word. I'm simlply talking aesthetically. Front end vs front end stance, looked like an AWD next to mine
AWD Camaro. Coming soon to a showroom near you.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #133
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
When driving my 45th Ann. people were always admiring it and oohing and aahing, and I loved it.
Now, where ever my 6th gen. is, people go nuts over it. If there was a way to measure the difference I've seen between the appreciation for the 6th gen. over the 5th gen., I would say it is about a 1,000 percent more expressive.

I loved my 5th gen. and it created a whole new world for my wife and me, but in my opinion this 6th gen. is a whole new ballgame. I knew at the reveal that it was a game changer and that Al O. and his team knew exactly what they were doing. The higher content and price fits exactly what GM is trying to accomplish. As Mary Barra said, "We have the most significant increase in retail market share growth and we aren't changing from that strategy, not only does it strengthen residual [retail] values, but it also will position us well if and when the cycle turns." The new Camaro fits that strategy like a hand in a glove. It is about the bottom line and GM's keeps growing. As Navan R. Johnson said in The Jerk, "Ah... It's a profit deal."

I don't think it's about competing with Mustang anymore, but competing on the world stage against some of the best cars made. Check out Motor Trend's head2head test against the BMW M4.

I am afraid I've gotten off track a little here and I have been derailed by just how spectacular the new Camaro really is. Keep it up GM. Let's show the world that the US can build world-class cars.

This is just my humble opinion. I respect your opinions, so cut me a little slack and respect mine. Thank you.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:54 PM   #134
utjoel

Drives: stock 2014 ZL1
Top Ten Reasons Why I think my 2010 Gen5 Camaro is Better Than a Gen6 Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
I don't know what everyone is going on about the 14-15 tail lights. They look awesome. Personally I like them better than the 10-13's. If you don't like them, you must hate the 69's.

That's why I didn't buy a camaro till 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
utjoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #135
maroonponyina1LE

Drives: 2015 1LE
Different things amuse different people, but the 'wagon version' is quite funny! Never seen anything like that before. Bravo! ...if the wagon craze re-ignites....

I remember the '70s.
maroonponyina1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #136
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Top Ten Reasons Why I think my 2010 Gen5 Camaro is Better Than a Gen6 Camaro.

Ah another "justify me staying with a 5th gen" thread... I traded in my sweet 14' refreshed 5th gen for a even better looking, better handling, more powerful car... A 2016 Camaro lol was my 5th generation "refresh" sweet? Yes it was.

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:06 PM   #137
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by utjoel View Post
That's why I didn't buy a camaro till 2014

Same here, lol.
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #138
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Ah another "justify me staying with a 5th gen" thread... I traded in my sweet 14' refreshed 5th gen for a even better looking, better handling, more powerful car... A 2016 Camaro lol was my 5th generation "refresh" sweet? Yes it was.

Now now.....saw a black SS tonight. You can try to convince yourself its nicer looking them my IOM with white stripes. But I'll debate that all night...the ass end looked like the car beside it. Black SS blended right in with the rest of the traffic. Sure it's quicker and the tech is updated but not the eye popper my orange car is.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #139
LT1Zob

No mother will admit that her baby is ugly
Old 06-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #140
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
who's on the Camaro6 forum?
why they all here?

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE