Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-22-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
rfs

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Long Tube Headers (catless) + borla atak axle back

Anyone have this combo? I'd love to hear it if so. All the videos I find are of LT's with atak catback.

Also is the sound noticeably different between the catback vs axle back? I don't necessarily expect any gains as far as performance goes. I have LT's now with the gm factory performance exhaust, which apparently an unbranded borla touring axle back, and its just not enough for me.

Id love to hear some input/advice, Im currently finishing up my Masters degree so a catback is just out of my budget tbh
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
You don't really need to have a catback if sound is really what you are after. You can piece together your own. Sure, it's not as satisfying as installing a full, engineered catback into the car, but it will sound nearly the same and produce almost identical performance results...which is very little.

Get a good X pipe to go with your axle back and you should be set since you already have the long tubes.

I have TSP long tubes, catless off-road pipes going into a Summit Racing X pipe. I used my stock piping after the X pipe which goes into my Flowmaster Outlaw Axle back. It sounds great and was substantially cheaper than a full cat back. Only big difference is that I am still running 2.5 inch pipes. If you go with a full cat back you have the option of searching for a system that uses full 3 inch pipes from the collectors back. But unless you are pushing big power, you will never miss it.

So yes, it will almost certainly sound the same to you. If budget is a concern, go with the axle back.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #3
perschkeb

Drives: 2010 SS 6spd Aqua Blue
I've got a brand new borla mid pipe kit for half the price as new and I live in Florida panhandle if you're interested in doing the full cat back system
perschkeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atak, borla