Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-07-2020, 10:58 PM   #1
JETBLU

Drives: Z16 C5
Anyone Use The Last Coat 2 (TLC2)?

Just discovered this recently, but have never used it,

Anyone have any experience with it?

Opinions?

https://thelastcoat.com/collections/...dalone-bottles
JETBLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
This is just another SI02 spray sealant. Seems everyone is selling them now.
I'd suggest just getting the original one, Carpro Reload, if an SI02 spray sealant is what you are looking for.

The application process shown by LC2 is wrong.

1st step. Strip wash. To remove any old waxes/sealants.

2nd step. Use clay bar or clay alternative. If you have never done this, I can 100% guarantee you have bonded contaminates on your paint. Follow up with an iron remover to remove iron deposits.

3rd step. Use IPA or Carpro Eraser to remove any residues left behind. Not only do you want all the dirt and bonded contaminates removed, you want any residues or oils removed as well. This will leave your paint in the best condition for whatever protection you apply to bond properly. Wear gloves to avoid oils from your hands getting on the paint. Use an absorbent long knap towel other than your drying towel(s).

4th step. (Not required but recommended) Compound/polish if needed. While almost every manufacturer boasts of added shine from their protection products, the best shine comes from polishing. Repeat step 3 when finished.

5th step. Spray your SI02 protection product on a low knap towel, and spread evenly across the surface (no/very light pressure required), working a panel at a time, after product is evenly spread, use a medium/long knap towel for removal of excess.

Use good quality towels.

The short knap will require less product used per panel after the first panel, as it will become saturated with product. Again, no/very light pressure used, and gloves are a must to keep oils from your hands from getting on the paint/towels.

6th step. Allow product to cure. This time varies by product.

The benefits of an SI02 sealant vs. a traditional polymer sealant or carnauba wax are, your car will stay cleaner between washes as dirt cannot bond as easily, better protection from bird bombs and bug splatter (these still need to be removed in a reasonable amount of time), and increased durability.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:03 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Joe, I think you're mistaken. Reload is a sealant, CQuartz is the ceramic coating and that requires the super picky application process.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:17 PM   #4
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Joe, I think you're mistaken. Reload is a sealant, CQuartz is the ceramic coating and that requires the super picky application process.
I'm not mistaken at all. The product mentioned was Last Coat 2, which is a SI02 spray sealant. Carpro Reload is also a SI02 spray sealant, and the original one on the market. I stated this at the beginning of my post.

Every detailing company now has an SI02 spray sealant.

CQuartz was never mentioned. I don't know where you got that from.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
NightfallSS

Drives: Still Waiting...
I feel like The Last Coat is one of those overhyped Facebook products. There are better sealants for the money out there like the ones mentioned above.

Speaking of overhyped, I love P&S Beadmaker. Super simple to use and leaves an incredible shine.
NightfallSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #6
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Adams Ceramic wax with Adams Ceramic Spray is what I use ..like it.I've seen that the LC2 is a big improvement over the original

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1588981319
Attached Images

Last edited by Modernmusclecar; 05-08-2020 at 07:05 PM.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #7
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Old 05-10-2020, 03:10 AM   #8
JETBLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
This is just another SI02 spray sealant. Seems everyone is selling them now.
I'd suggest just getting the original one, Carpro Reload, if an SI02 spray sealant is what you are looking for.

The application process shown by LC2 is wrong.

1st step. Strip wash. To remove any old waxes/sealants.

2nd step. Use clay bar or clay alternative. If you have never done this, I can 100% guarantee you have bonded contaminates on your paint. Follow up with an iron remover to remove iron deposits.

3rd step. Use IPA or Carpro Eraser to remove any residues left behind. Not only do you want all the dirt and bonded contaminates removed, you want any residues or oils removed as well. This will leave your paint in the best condition for whatever protection you apply to bond properly. Wear gloves to avoid oils from your hands getting on the paint. Use an absorbent long knap towel other than your drying towel(s).

4th step. (Not required but recommended) Compound/polish if needed. While almost every manufacturer boasts of added shine from their protection products, the best shine comes from polishing. Repeat step 3 when finished.

5th step. Spray your SI02 protection product on a low knap towel, and spread evenly across the surface (no/very light pressure required), working a panel at a time, after product is evenly spread, use a medium/long knap towel for removal of excess.

Use good quality towels.

The short knap will require less product used per panel after the first panel, as it will become saturated with product. Again, no/very light pressure used, and gloves are a must to keep oils from your hands from getting on the paint/towels.

6th step. Allow product to cure. This time varies by product.

The benefits of an SI02 sealant vs. a traditional polymer sealant or carnauba wax are, your car will stay cleaner between washes as dirt cannot bond as easily, better protection from bird bombs and bug splatter (these still need to be removed in a reasonable amount of time), and increased durability.

Thanks for the in depth instructions. Just went from an easy to apply product, to a week long process
Old 05-10-2020, 05:27 AM   #9
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETBLU View Post
Thanks for the in depth instructions. Just went from an easy to apply product, to a week long process
You don't have to do it this way. The process mentioned will give best quality of finish, and maximize longevity of protection.

If you want to do the "slap it on and go" method, you can.

Just don't except a major difference in the quality of your finish, and you will have to re-apply it much more often.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:16 AM   #10
JETBLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
You don't have to do it this way. The process mentioned will give best quality of finish, and maximize longevity of protection.

If you want to do the "slap it on and go" method, you can.

Just don't except a major difference in the quality of your finish, and you will have to re-apply it much more often.

I know what you're saying. Prep is 90%. I've always been a Zaino guy. It's time to reorder, when TLC2 popped up in a forum post. Since step 1 would be to remove the Zaino (all the coats since 2004), I'm trying to decide if it's worth the chance that TLC2 would be more impressive
Attached Images