Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #29
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Awesome Information... Thanks AGAIN!

HuJass You ROCK!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
aka aVOL2 (because I ride a VOLusia Too)
avol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Bravo
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #31
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Bravo
Thank you.
Now if you guys could sticky it..........
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #32
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Yes, you were able to track on-line 10 years ago. But that was before 9/11. Most of the rail companies stopped on-line tracking unless you were a customer of the rail company. UP may still be offering on-line tracking.
They began to offer the phone trace/tracking systems. They are all automated & computerized so you will not be bothering a rail employee.
But you need your rail car number and what rail companies will be handling it. The DBC can provide that to your dealer. Don't bother calling them if you don't have a rail car number or know what company will be carrying your car.

But don't be afraid to call once you have the proper info. These are public phone numbers on a public website put there just for these types of reasons.
Ah, that's good to know. Thanks for that!

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #33
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Thank you.
Now if you guys could sticky it..........
So far, no one has been able to track one this way...

So you might want to wait on the sticky.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #34
HuJass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
So far, no one has been able to track one this way...

So you might want to wait on the sticky.
That's either because none of the cars have shipped or no one has gotten their rail car number.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #35
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Im a railroad conductor I wish the frieght was shipped through our rails up here in Long Island , I would have loved that
1969to2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #36
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
demonmaster,
You live near Wentzville?
I'm not too far away from you. I live just across the river from Festus/Pevely/Barnhart on the IL side.
Hey! I live in Florissant right behind Johnny Londoff off the highway. Nice to see neighbors on here.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #37
hw
VIN:3802

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
I printed the first post from this thread and armed with that post as well as the information from the rail website (CSX), I headed to my dealer (the rail shipper had been told to me by my dealer earlier). I had a ship date of 04/29 as indicated on the invoice. We are currently 8 days since the ship date and the location of the rail yard is only up the road about a 30 min. drive from my home here in Georgia. I sat in the salesman’s office as he dialed the Dealer Business Center and he was able to get the railcar number from the person on the other end of the line. He then called CSX and identified himself to the person on the other end of the line and gave that person the railcar number that the Camaro in question was hitching a ride. After a brief delay my salesman was told that the rail car was not in the system yet and that the rail car was probably still in Michigan.
I can only guess that a Canadian rail system took the car from the plant to Detroit for the switch to CSX. However, the car apparently has not left the switching yard, yet. Or, the CSX person just thought that the car was coming from Michigan, and in fact the car is sitting in a rail car somewhere in Canada.
What adds insult to injury is that the dealership's little v6 Camaro was built after my car and was shipped two days before mine. And guess what, that car is sitting out there under a cover right in the middle of the showroom floor. Either way, I think it is in bad taste for GM to “hide” the cars like they are doing. If they did not want to deliver the cars to the pre-ordered buyers, until after their wing-ding party “unveiling” the Great Camaro, they should have said so from the start.
On the vent side of things, I feel like telling GM where they can truly put that car. I know, if they stuck the car where I want them to and walked away from the deal, I would be the only loser. Once GM retrieved the car from were the sun can never fade the paint, they would send it to the dealer where he would sell the car the same day at a nice markup, and I will be out my $500 dollar deposit. So, I will have to suffer the wait to get the car, and force myself to enjoy her anyway. However, everyone I talk to will hear how GM screwed with all the thousands of faithful buyers who had their cars held hostage.

Last edited by hw; 05-06-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: added a couple of words
hw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #38
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw View Post
I printed the first post from this thread and armed with that post as well as the information from the rail website (CSX), I headed to my dealer (the rail shipper had been told to me by my dealer earlier). I had a ship date of 04/29 as indicated on the invoice. We are currently 8 days since the ship date and the location of the rail yard is only up the road about a 30 min. drive from my home here in Georgia. I sat in the salesman’s office as he dialed the Dealer Business Center and he was able to get the railcar number from the person on the other end of the line. He then called CSX and identified himself to the person on the other end of the line and gave that person the railcar number that the Camaro in question was hitching a ride. After a brief delay my salesman was told that the rail car was not in the system yet and that the rail car was probably still in Michigan.
I can only guess that a Canadian rail system took the car from the plant to Detroit for the switch to CSX. However, the car apparently has not left the switching yard, yet. Or, the CSX person just thought that the car was coming from Michigan, and in fact the car is sitting in a rail car somewhere in Canada.
What adds insult to injury is that the dealership's little v6 Camaro was built after my car and was shipped two days before mine. And guess what, that car is sitting out there under a cover right in the middle of the showroom floor. Either way, I think it is in bad taste for GM to “hide” the cars like they are doing. If they did not want to deliver the cars to the pre-ordered buyers, until after their wing-ding party “unveiling” the Great Camaro, they should have said so from the start.
On the vent side of things, I feel like telling GM where they can truly put that car. I know, if they stuck the car where I want them to and walked away from the deal, I would be the only loser. Once GM retrieved the car from were the sun can never fade the paint, they would send it to the dealer where he would sell the car the same day at a nice markup, and I will be out my $500 dollar deposit. So, I will have to suffer the wait to get the car, and force myself to enjoy her anyway. However, everyone I talk to will hear how GM screwed with all the thousands of faithful buyers who had their cars held hostage.
That is the same story I was told, my car is stuck on a railcar in Waycross GA for two days now. I sure would have liked to have it for the unveiling event at my dealer tonight. Those guys at my dealer are really disappointed that my Camaro is not there. I wish I could find out where my car really is.
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #39
Round Rock Cobra

Drives: 06 Infinity, 66 Shelby Cobra
Guys I was told the cars are being fixed "en route" for the recall (battery cable). This may be what is delaying them.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #40
HuJass

Guys,
If you have your railcar number, you can check it's location and status here:
http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

Or give your RAILCAR NUMBER to KK2010SS and he could possibly check it.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #41
Ahdidah10

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Cool rail timing and delivery

Does anyone know how long it takes, on average, to get the car off the train and to the dealer? If it were to arrive on rail today does it get sent to the dealer that day or how many days?
Ahdidah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #42
quanine10
1SS/RS blk on blk 6spd

Drives: 2010 Camaro Blk/Blk SS/RS 6spd
Just received my vin yesterday, when will I be able to track it on the railcar system like you guys are doing?
quanine10 is offline   Reply With Quote