Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
Galonso$*

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
What are your Results from Dynosteve?

I was wanting to ask how much an improvement you guys got out your SS (L99 is what my Camaro is). Right now I got kooks headers and just straight Pipes and wanted to see what kinda RWHP am I gonna expect with a tune from Steve. Just in case FYI yet to know what my current rwhp is till March comes around
Old 01-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
N719SG

Drives: 2011 SS/RS L99
Did mine with Steve - only mod is CAI and the difference was amazing. Plus he tunes them free any time you add additional mods.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
CAI and PTB here... night and day! No more skip shift!!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
audiowhiz

Drives: 2005 Corvette M6
I love his tune. It's worth it if for me that he deleted the DOD/ AFM.
That was an aggravating feature of my L99, and now it's gone!
audiowhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by N719SG View Post
Did mine with Steve - only mod is CAI and the difference was amazing. Plus he tunes them free any time you add additional mods.
Correction- he will add free tunes if you buy power add ons from his company. It wouldn't be right for him to keep giving free tunes if you don't buy parts from his company.

I just ordered a sctx4 from him and it comes with free tune by him. I should receive the unit any day. I can tell you Steve and his team at RDP are really great people and are really into what they do for car owners. I would suggest Steve and the RDP to anyone that needs tuning or performance parts. Hell I'd even vote Steve for President
Old 01-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Correction- he will add free tunes if you buy power add ons from his company. It wouldn't be right for him to keep giving free tunes if you don't buy parts from his company.

I just ordered a sctx4 from him and it comes with free tune by him. I should receive the unit any day. I can tell you Steve and his team at RDP are really great people and are really into what they do for car owners. I would suggest Steve and the RDP to anyone that needs tuning or performance parts. Hell I'd even vote Steve for President
Correction- as long as you buy the SCTx4 tuner from him (or any tuner I'm assuming) he will provide you with free tune updates for life, not just if you buy the parts from him. That's what sets him apart from Janetty in my book. Example: if you bought headers and needed a tune, Janetty would only provide you a free tune if you bought the headers from him. Whereas DynoSteve would provide you with a free tune regardless of where you purchased the headers as long as you bought the initial tuner from him. Pretty sure anyway. That's what makes DynoSteve so great, among many other of his great qualities.

As far as OP, people notice a night/day difference in the L99 tune from him regardless because of the aggressive transmission shifts. Even if you weren't adding a power mod, you would notice a huge difference from that part of the tune alone. As far as how much rwhp you will be making, that depends on several factors. Take a look at those who have a similar set up as you and base your gains off of that. It's really the only way to have a good idea without dynoing it. Every car is a little different from the factory to what they put down stock. Every dyno will read a bit differently too. Especially if you're comparing a mustang dyno to dynojet. So there isn't really a clear way of knowing until you get it on one. Until then, just assume you're making close to what others with similar mods are
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:30 PM   #7
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
^^^Free tunes with any upgrade for life if you buy a tuner from Steve^^^

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #8
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Good to know about DynoSteve.

I had never heard of him before, saw him well reviewed here so did a quick google to see where he worked...whoa. Let's just say you don't want to get on the bad side of Aussie's! I could almost feel the heat from the torches and see the shadows of the pitchforks.

But, he's been a vendor serving this forum for quite some time now with all good rep.

Makes sense to give him a shot for some mild upgrades I plan to do.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #9
Gunmetal Speedster

Painesville Ohio is where he and RDP are located. Only 3 hours from me luckily, that way if I ever desire to visit him and the crew he isn't across the country from me
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 01-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Free tunes... holy awesome sauce!! I am glad I got mine with Steve. Great guy too!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #11
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Free tunes... holy awesome sauce!! I am glad I got mine with Steve. Great guy too!
There's a reason everyone loves him as much as they do! That coupled with the dedication he has to this forum and it's members and his willingness to help even at his own inconvenience makes him #1
Old 01-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #12
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
My experience with him was great as well. Spent time on the phone when I had questions about a remote tune, explained everything in detail, and gave me the confidence to go with him. The process was easy, and he's always there if you need assistance. I will say, the only thing he told me he will not do is remote tune an FI install. Said there were too many variables and I totally understand. Makes total sense.

Go with Steve with confidence!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:58 PM   #13
miller8907

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS LS3
Mine is an LS3 but just for reference, I had a tune from Steve on my car for cai, and headers w/ high flow cats. I later took the car to be dyno tuned and they weren't able to pickup any more power. Settled at 425rwhp and 419rwtq. Needless to say, Steves tunes are great!
Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #14
N719SG

Drives: 2011 SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Correction- as long as you buy the SCTx4 tuner from him (or any tuner I'm assuming) he will provide you with free tune updates for life, not just if you buy the parts from him. That's what sets him apart from Janetty in my book. Example: if you bought headers and needed a tune, Janetty would only provide you a free tune if you bought the headers from him. Whereas DynoSteve would provide you with a free tune regardless of where you purchased the headers as long as you bought the initial tuner from him. Pretty sure anyway. That's what makes DynoSteve so great, among many other of his great qualities.

As far as OP, people notice a night/day difference in the L99 tune from him regardless because of the aggressive transmission shifts. Even if you weren't adding a power mod, you would notice a huge difference from that part of the tune alone. As far as how much rwhp you will be making, that depends on several factors. Take a look at those who have a similar set up as you and base your gains off of that. It's really the only way to have a good idea without dynoing it. Every car is a little different from the factory to what they put down stock. Every dyno will read a bit differently too. Especially if you're comparing a mustang dyno to dynojet. So there isn't really a clear way of knowing until you get it on one. Until then, just assume you're making close to what others with similar mods are

Yep that's the way I understood it

Tags
camaro, dynosteve, kooks headers, l99, ss/rs