Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
Paratrooper34

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
Almost

Hello All!

I have been on this forum for a couple of months now as I was searching for a Gen5 Camaro. I posted a couple of times looking for input which I got some very informed and intelligent responses. Anyway, I ended up getting a Corvette as I found a beaut that I couldn't pass up.

I have been a fan of Camaros ever since I can remember. Maybe it had something to do with the 1969 Z28 model I made as a kid. I had a '69 Firebird as my first car back in 1983 and I remember lusting over my buddy's '69 SS/RS when we used to go out cruising. I had every generation of Camaro since then - '79, '84, and '97. After parting ways with my 2001 Z06 this summer, I had a hankering for a Gen5. I test drove several, including a 2016. I was very impressed with the Gen5s, but it was not in the cards this time around.

So, I am posting this to say how much I appreciated this site. I learned a lot about these cars and I found a lot of enjoyment reading through numerous posts on here. Having been on multiple enthusiasts' sites such as this one, I have to say that camaro5.com is absolutely the best site I ever had the pleasure of visiting. You guys and gals on here are super knowledgeable and it is clear that the Gen5s have a very robust social media presence - both here and Facebook. This site is a great resource and there is a large number of personalities on here that are very helpful.

I hope I find the same type of enthusiasm and technical knowledge on C6 forums that I see here. Thank you all who gave me advice and input, it was much appreciated. Maybe I'll see some of you on the roads or at car shows.
Attached Images

Last edited by Paratrooper34; 12-28-2019 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Added Picture
Paratrooper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Pics.!

Many people here have a similar background with muscle cars so we know what your saying.
Likewise it isn't personal if you decide a C6 or Hellcat or F150 was more to your liking.
The button-ology to upload a pic is:
Go advanced button
Paper clip button
Browse and upload it

For the last year they been coming out sideways sometimes, IDK why; the only way I found to fix it is rotate them on my pc and save them sideways then upload them if it does that. Or just leave it sideways that's ok we understand what's going on.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Pics.!

Many people here have a similar background with muscle cars so we know what your saying.
Likewise it isn't personal if you decide a C6 or Hellcat or F150 was more to your liking.
Go advanced button
Paper clip button
Browse and upload it

For the last year they been coming out sideways sometimes, IDK why; the only way I found to fix it is rotate them on my pc and save them sideways then upload them if it does that. Or just leave it sideways that's ok we understand what's going on.

+1
Would love to see pictures of your Corvette! Enjoy!
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:36 PM   #4
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
I don't blame you. I had to do the thought shuffle before coming to a decision. I have owned a number of both and really wanted a new Camaro when I first saw the prototype in 2007. But then a few years back, I got a chance to drive my son-in-law's 2002 Z06 and holy crap what a beast! A completely different animal than any other muscle car I had ever owned and I've owned a few DOZEN.

So, last year when I went in search of a new hot rod, I struggled between the two. Ultimately, I chose the Camaro and I love it. But I'm sure I would have loved that 6th gen Z06 just as much....
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:37 AM   #5
Paratrooper34

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Pics.!

Go advanced button
Paper clip button
Browse and upload it

Thanks! This is the first time someone explained how to upload a picture. Much appreciated. Picture is up.
Paratrooper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
The condition and color would make hard to pass up. Nice car.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #7
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
very nice.i test drove an older(2006)vette before getting my camaro,but realised my liscence would probably only be good for about a week with the vette,and i haul grandkids once in a while.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote