Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #29
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
He had 5 to 7 yards if he ran and that would of gave them a chance from 50 yards and the Vikings would have won that game cuz Longwell wouldn't have missed. Just saying!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #30
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
This has earned a RANT, Sorry but you do not have to read it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
All the major game changes to me, happend when Favre threw to the wrong team.

And if it was favre making the play calls he should get shiet canned, or who ever was.

only needed 1 field goal to win but hey lets let the old man throw it one more time......... [he threw the game on purpose, weather he mentally knew it or not. Unconscious self-sabotage is a problem for many professionals.]

Is this your expert medical opinion derived from years of study... I, unfortunately, wasn't able to watch the game, and this reply doesn't address this game in particular, but professional athletes... and
"unconscious self-whatever the hell you said" Self refers to an individual, yet, he in your opinion, obviously caused the whole team to lose, and Minnesota residents... and the League, and .....

I don't know or profess to know what ticks in their minds, but I can say this beyond a shadow of a doubt... as I am the father of a professional athlete talented enough to have been drafted, signed, and has played two years already...

There are those in professional sports that lose sight of why they are there.. money, fame, glory, whatever. There is not one athlete there that isn't deserving to be there... and none of them got there inspite of their "Unconscious self-sabotage" BS. If you think there are athletes in the pro's that shouldn't be there, then you need to pay more attention. At the very minimum, the pro athletes we watch on TV throughout the year, almost certainly make at least 350,000 to 400,000 a year, roughly league minimum for a first year player... The business people that own these teams, regardless of your personal thoughts, are very astute, clean or dirty matters not, honest or dishonest, whatever... they got lots of damn money, and they did not get it by signing players that haven't done something to earn that recognition. Do some of them fail, sure, team dynamics, personality conflicts, coaching styles, or game management... The incredible detail that goes into every moment of preparation for a game, much less a season is beyond your comprehension...obviously... or you're "unconsciously self sabotaging" your ability to see it... Thats a problem for many armchair QB's, pitchers, point guards etc... I guess...

The game is over, look forward to the superbowl and watch it or don't, I don't care, but leave the medical mumbo jumbo psychiatric armchair nonsense out of it... Get over it....

Brett Favre, win or lose is the comsumate athlete and competitor... He tries to win with every fiber of his being, and whether you like it or not, given the same situation, I would hope they do the same thing...

GIVE... FARVE, MANNING, BREES, Kelly, Sanders, Smith, Aikman, Elway, Bush, Jordan, Robinson, Majic, Rose, Ryan, The Big Unit, and a thousand other SUPERSTARS etc....THE BALL...You put it in the hands of the guy most likely to make the play...

Jeeezzz

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 01-27-2010 at 03:40 PM.
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #31
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I can live with that list. Very deserving guys. And you scored point from me for putting Kelly as at least a mention. He's not top 10 but he's one of the great.
Agreed,

The Class of 83 will, in my estimation never be matched, Led by Kelly, Marino, Elway etc... Wow... By far the best GROUP to ever come into the league.... The best of them is arguable due to the personnel around them... Put Kelly in Miami, Marino in Denver and Elway at Buffalo, certainly it's a different picture...or any others of the class...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #32
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Mike and Mike just had TJ from the Blitz on and they talked about Peyton Manning.

TJ played with, against or reported on every major QB since Roger the Dodger, and he is convinced without a doubt that Peyton Manning is the best to ever play the game.

He calls him the 'Football Genius'
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #33
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
I see no one has mentioned Bob Griese Miami Dolphins played from 1967-1980.
2 Super Bowls wins (VII and VIII) and a perfect season (1972).

Edit; Earl Morrall led Miami to victory in their nine remaining games of the perfect "72" season.

And just for good measure let me throw out some very good old time QB`s.

1. Milt Plum. Cleveland Browns

2. Y. A. Tittle. N.Y. Giants

3. Jack Kemp. Detroit Lions (Drafted and cut), Pittsburgh Steelers, taxi squads of the San Francisco 49ers & New York Giants, (Old AFL. Los Angeles-San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills)

As for Jim Kelly they (the Bills) may have lost 4 strait Super Bowls but I doubt that any QB with any team will ever make it there 4 strait year!

Last edited by mickss; 02-03-2010 at 03:20 PM.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #34
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Peyton Manning has won league MVP more times than Terry Bradshaw made the probowl.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Manning is good, but not THAT good. If he wins tomorrow and plays a couple more years at the same level, I'll put him at the top of my list.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #36
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Manning is good, but not THAT good. If he wins tomorrow and plays a couple more years at the same level, I'll put him at the top of my list.
I agree, but I still think he is better than guys like Bradshaw
Old 02-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I agree, but I still think he is better than guys like Bradshaw

Pure Passer.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #38
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Since I have been watching Football at the age of 6 (1994), I remember

Dan Marino
Brett Favre
Tom Brady
Troy Aikman
Jon Elway
Peyton Manning
Steve Young
Warren Moon
Jim Kelly

I don't remember anybody in the NFL (since 94) that deserves to be on the list of the "top 10". I know I included 9, and that's my opinion.

I always go for my Dolphnins first, then I go for a good game. Brady will more than likely be on the list of the top 5 QB's ever. He hasn't even been in the NFL for 10 years and he's being considered 1 of the best? Give him some receivers without hands & an offensive line that has a combined weight of 800 pounds, then let's see how he holds up. I can guarantee you that all of the QB's on this list could have gone to 4 SB's with the team that Brady had.

Since #10 was bugging you so much, I'll just include Kordell Stewart.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #39
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Peyton Manning has won league MVP more times than Terry Bradshaw made the probowl.
Bradshaw has 4 Super bowls which mean much more than MVP's.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #40
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Bradshaw has 4 Super bowls which mean much more than MVP's.
That depends on what your evaluating. If your evaluating an individual's career, like we are, then why would you use a team accomplishment over an individual accomplishment?

Simple, you wouldn't.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #41
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Well, I sort of compare what your saying to a nascar driver. It's like winning poles, and races but never completing it and winning a championship. Until you win the big game everything else you do is a mute point.
exactly, it's all about the Super bowl wins, just like all you Brady lovers go by.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #42
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Well, I sort of compare what your saying to a nascar driver. It's like winning poles, and races but never completing it and winning a championship. Until you win the big game everything else you do is a mute point.
Horrible comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
exactly, it's all about the Super bowl wins, just like all you Brady lovers go by.

I don't know if I have the patience for this conversation