Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
what should i do..

hey everyone i need everyone's thoughts i love camaro's they are basically my life im on this site everyday and i was planning on getting the 5th gen this summer, but im 18... and before everyone freaks out i work full time for my company my father uncle and grandparents started so i pay for all my things and i have since i was 16 so i have a 08 lancer but i have been around fast cars all my life so i can handel it (which i've had for 2 years now) now which i pay my own insurance and car payments every month i was planning on getting the new 5th gen camaro but i think that the insurance company will kill me on insurance and the payments i dont think i would have much money for fun shi...stuff lol so i was thinking about getting a 35th anniversary ss. i have found a few around my area one for 13k with 39k miles and one for 19k with 31k miles so i think i would be better off getting that and waiting maybe 3 years to get my 5th gen. what does everyone thing? cause im just right now.. and my best friend just got an ls1 goat cant let him stomp all over me in my prancer lol
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
lol just curious, what kind of Lancer you driving? Is it an EVO?

Umm, that's a tough choice. But if you can afford to get the Camaro, and if you are in no real rush to have to get a new car at this time, (like your lease ending before the Camaro comes out, car breaking down, rideless) it's like a few more months away.

In my opinion the 5th gen will be 100x better than the 4th gen. So unless money is an issue, just wait a few more months and the Camaro will be here. I'm taking it you would want to get a 2010 SS as well right?

I know I'd probably regret not waiting the extra few months if I could get the 2010 Camaro just because I jumped on a 4th gen to keep up with my buddies LS1 GTO. You get the 2010 Camaro, and I don't know what your buddy has to his GTO but you could be beating his GTO...

Personally if the issue isn't whether you can't afford to get a new 2010 Camaro vs a used 4th gen then wait and get the Camaro, but that's just my .2 cents...
Old 12-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
z28camaross

well im just thinkin that car payments + insurance will be through the roof, and i just have a 4 cyl 08 lancer. if it was an evo then id be fine but all my friends have muscle cars and i have always loved muscle cars . i was supposed to get a 4th gen instead of the lancer but the salesmen said the 98 z28 had to much power for me to handel i was like you prick.. i can handel my self just fine but since he said that it made my mom scared.. and i ended up with the lancer..
Old 12-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
ah I see. Well then def go with the 4th gen SS, if you want lower payments + insurance. I know I've seen some 2002 Camaro SS's and Trans Am WS6's with low miles that are going for the low 20's high teens right now.

I'm planning on upgrading myself, like you but I've got my eye on a 06 LS2 Goat....
Old 12-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
I'd be calling the insurance company to get a better idea of what it would cost for insurance instead of just assuming it will cost a ton. They could give you a good idea by quoting you mustang Cobra or even corvette pricing cause it would probably fall somewhere in the middle of those 2. Or wait til they are built and give them a VIN number from one on ebay or something so they can get you an actual price.

Compare the '02 SS insurance and car payment to the '10 payment and insurance, you could go with a V6 to save money and still have a nicer car than the 02' SS. I wouldn't plan on saving all that much money between the V6 and V8 though on insurance you pretty much always just get screwed for rating they give sports cars. I know when I had my '00 SS when I was 21 the insurance wasn't even that much cheaper for a V6 considering the xtra power I had with the model I got.
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
L. James
'Vetteran

Drives: 2007 CORVETTE, 2001 Camaro DD
Send a message via MSN to L. James
My insurance on my 2007 Corvette is only 20 more per month than on my 2001Camaro. For the most part, to them, a muscle car is a muscle car, and you pay plenty for it. I also received quotes on the Challenger and G8 GXP and found those rates to be right in the same neighborhood.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
just a thought the basic 2010 camaro LS with RS package will be nice as well. The 6cyl in it comes with more hp than the original v8 engine in the 1st gen v8 camaro. Ins may be a little cheaper and the payment will be a little cheaper plus cheaper on gas. Figure the stock 300hp is almost what the mustange GT has. And you could always do things later to tweek it and add more hp.
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaross View Post
hey everyone i need everyone's thoughts i love camaro's they are basically my life im on this site everyday and i was planning on getting the 5th gen this summer, but im 18... and before everyone freaks out i work full time for my company my father uncle and grandparents started so i pay for all my things and i have since i was 16 so i have a 08 lancer but i have been around fast cars all my life so i can handel it (which i've had for 2 years now) now which i pay my own insurance and car payments every month i was planning on getting the new 5th gen camaro but i think that the insurance company will kill me on insurance and the payments i dont think i would have much money for fun shi...stuff lol so i was thinking about getting a 35th anniversary ss. i have found a few around my area one for 13k with 39k miles and one for 19k with 31k miles so i think i would be better off getting that and waiting maybe 3 years to get my 5th gen. what does everyone thing? cause im just right now.. and my best friend just got an ls1 goat cant let him stomp all over me in my prancer lol
This, (.) is called a period.. It is used at the end of a sentence. Like this..................... You should be able to find it on the lower right portion of your keyboard. It is right next to this (,) which is called a comma....
Old 12-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
This, (.) is called a period.. It is used at the end of a sentence. Like this..................... You should be able to find it on the lower right portion of your keyboard. It is right next to this (,) which is called a comma....
ouch
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
z28camaross

Quote:
well. some. one. is. pissy. today. isn't. he? do. you. need. a. widdle. lollypop?
.,!,.(-.-).,!,.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Wish I could be the Post Police.... Oh and there should be a comma between (,) and which. There is also supposed to be two (2) spaces after a puncuation mark.
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
L. James
'Vetteran

Drives: 2007 CORVETTE, 2001 Camaro DD
Send a message via MSN to L. James
I don't necessarily agree with being nitpicky about puncuation or spelling, but an entire paragraph run-on sentance is difficult to read. If you try that in my business, you will soon find yourself not working.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
z28camaross

ffs.. i was rushin. but whatever, thanks to everyone who actually gave me their thoughts on if i should get the new camaro or a 4th gen.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaross View Post
well im just thinkin that car payments + insurance will be through the roof, and i just have a 4 cyl 08 lancer. if it was an evo then id be fine but all my friends have muscle cars and i have always loved muscle cars . i was supposed to get a 4th gen instead of the lancer but the salesmen said the 98 z28 had to much power for me to handel i was like you prick.. i can handel my self just fine but since he said that it made my mom scared.. and i ended up with the lancer..
What a bastard, and I think the 4th gens are great. If you think that you wouldn't have much money left over after buying the 5th gen I say go get an older SS or z28. They're good-looking and just about about as fast in the quarter mile.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote