Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-31-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Question L99 TVS2300 Build advice

So im moving further along with my with my build. I currently have the tvs2300 with a 3.6 pulley , ported throttle body and the zl1 fuel pump/ adm fpcm and msd boost a pump as my fuel supply support. I'm also running the 1/2 inch rds phenolic/ nitrous spacer plate with a 75 shot for now. I need advice on what to do next. Obviously I want some power but not sure in what direction to go in. I recently purchased some weld rts wheels 18x11 with 305/45/18 nitto 555r tires. hopefully next week get the fronts as well. This car does mostly street with a lil bit of track, but now that the track opened back up in san Antonio I will be going their more often. Any advice would be great, even just for a conversation piece.

Should I look into better injectors since I still have the ones that came with the supercharger?

Should I try and pulley down to a 3.4 pulley? would I need a super tensioner?

OD cog drive?

One piece drive shaft?

cam and heads? I know that is going to cost some serious cash if I want it done right?

maybe get some 3.45 gears with posi trac?
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:51 AM   #2
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Why did you invest so much into the fuel supply but not any extra into the injector if you don't mind me asking? I would pulley down once you supply the appropriate injector.. The cog drive would be a nice addition as well as a cam(Done properly of course). Heads i would leave out of the equation unless you have a fat pocket.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #3
lincoln361

[QUOTE=Nighthawk89;8458576]Why did you invest so much into the fuel supply but not any extra into the injector if you don't mind me asking? I would pulley down once you supply the appropriate injector.. The cog drive would be a nice addition as well as a cam(Done properly of course). Heads i would leave out of the equation unless you have a fat pocket.[/Q

That's a good question. I had did some research on here about fuel system upgrades and such. The supercharger came with a 3.8 pulley which gave me about 5lbs of boost. I was told that if I wanted to pulley down to a 3.6 pulley at least to have the zl1 fuel pump which I got at the time. I asked my tuner (Pat G) if my injectors still had room. He said that I did not need to upgrade them just yet. Soon after that, I got into the nitrous phase and read that a boost a bump would be a good thing to invest in as well, which I got for a good deal, another reason why I bought it. which leads me to here asking these questions. I thought I was actually doing the right thing with my fuel by getting the zl1 fuel pump, adm fpcm and the msd boost a pump. I probably be looking into the ID850 injectors
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
Old 06-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
They are all good upgrades under the right circumstances. Your ZL1 Fuel pump and ADM FPCM would have been plenty sufficient. But yes ID850's. Contact Tyler at JDP motorsports on those. I just got mine from him about a week back.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
They are all good upgrades under the right circumstances. Your ZL1 Fuel pump and ADM FPCM would have been plenty sufficient. But yes ID850's. Contact Tyler at JDP motorsports on those. I just got mine from him about a week back.
Yeah I will look into that
Old 06-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
O/D rear pulleys. Cogged if you want the noise. 3.8" front pulley. Mild Pat G blower cam. Head work isn't that good of a bang for buck mod at this power level. Stock LS3 heads are pretty good as is. That's a pretty tried and true recipe for mid 600's at the wheel on about 10psi. You can probably get by with the stock tensioner if you run an upgraded belt. Might add a meth system if you want to push it a little harder.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
I would put in a new cam while your at it and replace all that subceptiple L99 valve train.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
So im moving further along with my with my build. I currently have the tvs2300 with a 3.6 pulley , ported throttle body and the zl1 fuel pump/ adm fpcm and msd boost a pump as my fuel supply support. I'm also running the 1/2 inch rds phenolic/ nitrous spacer plate with a 75 shot for now. I need advice on what to do next. Obviously I want some power but not sure in what direction to go in. I recently purchased some weld rts wheels 18x11 with 305/45/18 nitto 555r tires. hopefully next week get the fronts as well. This car does mostly street with a lil bit of track, but now that the track opened back up in san Antonio I will be going their more often. Any advice would be great, even just for a conversation piece.

Should I look into better injectors since I still have the ones that came with the supercharger?

OD cog drive?

One piece drive shaft?

cam and heads? I know that is going to cost some serious cash if I want it done right?

I'd bump up to some FIC, FAST 85#, ID injectors. I'd also go with OD cogs vs the 3.4 with or without the tensioner. 6 rib can only hold so much, getting boost off the rear with the larger front pulley is better IMO. I'd explore a cam with LS3 conversion. As motorhead stated wouldn't bother with the head work. Some sticky tires always makes things fun too so I'd look there.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I would call HE and see what they say. They are good at TVS builds.

You can get some nice 850 injectors for $450 or so that work great for ~800-900rwhp.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
I would call HE and see what they say. They are good at TVS builds.

You can get some nice 850 injectors for $450 or so that work great for ~800-900rwhp.
Do you have their number by chance?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
O/D rear pulleys. Cogged if you want the noise. 3.8" front pulley. Mild Pat G blower cam. Head work isn't that good of a bang for buck mod at this power level. Stock LS3 heads are pretty good as is. That's a pretty tried and true recipe for mid 600's at the wheel on about 10psi. You can probably get by with the stock tensioner if you run an upgraded belt. Might add a meth system if you want to push it a little harder.
Looks like the od cog drive is the way to go. What upgraded belt would i need? I need to read up some more on the 8 rib belts and such, i won't be doing meth since im setup for nitrous and spent who knows on that lol ha ha.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #12
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
I'd bump up to some FIC, FAST 85#, ID injectors. I'd also go with OD cogs vs the 3.4 with or without the tensioner. 6 rib can only hold so much, getting boost off the rear with the larger front pulley is better IMO. I'd explore a cam with LS3 conversion. As motorhead stated wouldn't bother with the head work. Some sticky tires always makes things fun too so I'd look there.
Is their a difference on those injectors beside preference? What's would be the next biggest belt to go to? 8rib? Would i have to change anything else?
Old 06-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #13
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Do you have their number by chance?
http://www.agpturbo.com/contact/
Phone: 480-983-6083
Fax: 480-671-5665
info@agpturbo.com
Old 06-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:

OD cog drive?

One piece drive shaft?

Add
ID-850s
Over drive cog
JRE supertensioner kit.
Jre rough Idle blower cam kit
L99/LS3 valvetrain conversion.
Stay with 3.6 with no cam or go to 3.4 with cam.
JRE build diff package with 3.45 Billet caps and Eaton trutrac.

I have everything you need in stock, Let me know how I can be of assistance.

combo should be good for Low 10s.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote