Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
HeartBeat high IAT2

Installed the HeartBeat upgrade a while ago & noticed IAT2 reads high (55C) 130+F on idle with chiller on & higher with chiller off, after reading about IAT sensor issue with HeartBeat & as suggested by ADM I replaced the iat2 sensor with original LSA sensor & still reads high.
Any one with the HeartBeat having this issue?
Inter cooler temp with chiller is (20C) 65F but still IAT2 reads (55C)130+F & clumps with driving , input is appreciated.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Sounds to me like you may have some air in the intercooler fluid system. An easy test is to remove the cap of your reservoir after you drive around some and if the fluid is not flowing you have air. The pump automatically shuts off if it goes dry and then will turn back on when you restart the car. It can be pretty hard to get all the air out of the exchanger in the grill.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #3
alssiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Sounds to me like you may have some air in the intercooler fluid system. An easy test is to remove the cap of your reservoir after you drive around some and if the fluid is not flowing you have air. The pump automatically shuts off if it goes dry and then will turn back on when you restart the car. It can be pretty hard to get all the air out of the exchanger in the grill.
I am running the Chiller only without the HE & sure there is no air in the system cause the coolant is flowing & pump doesnt shut off.
IAT2 reads high with the sensor that came with the HeartBeat & even after changing to a new LSA sensor.

Ahamd
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:10 AM   #4
alssiri

Double checked the intercooler again, coolant flowing smoothly & coolant temp out of intercooler is 20C (68F) with chiller on or off , the HeartBeat lid is so cold to touch , still IAT2 reads 50C (120+F) .
Removed the IAT2 sensor harness & connect it to another new sensor & cept out in fresh air still reads high 50C (120+F) .
Any input please , maybe needs to calibrated or something like that !
I did contact Magnuson regarding this a while ago & 1st they sent me IAT2 table to try & it didn't change anything, then they said no calibration is needed .

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Old 01-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #5
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alssiri View Post
Double checked the intercooler again, coolant flowing smoothly & coolant temp out of intercooler is 20C (68F) with chiller on or off , the HeartBeat lid is so cold to touch , still IAT2 reads 50C (120+F) .
Removed the IAT2 sensor harness & connect it to another new sensor & cept out in fresh air still reads high 50C (120+F) .
Any input please , maybe needs to calibrated or something like that !
I did contact Magnuson regarding this a while ago & 1st they sent me IAT2 table to try & it didn't change anything, then they said no calibration is needed .

Ahmad
Unscrew the sensor and put it in a glass of water with a thermometer. With a known temp of the water see how the IAT sensor compares.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #6
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
Are you sure the sensor your putting in is the properly calibrated one?
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #7
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
ECU is not reading the sensor as you said you put it in air temp and it still read 50c, check connection points of the harness somewhere somehow it isn't getting a reading.

Also try getting the IAT2 reading with no sensor plugged into the harness, then plug it in whilst reading the IAT2 see if that resets it.

Other option is pull your ECU fuse out for 30min and see if that resets anything.

Check and clear any fault codes.
Insure you MAF is also plugged in whilst this is IAT1 it may play a role.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:12 AM   #8
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
That's all very good advice.
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:13 AM   #9
alssiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlineviper View Post
Unscrew the sensor and put it in a glass of water with a thermometer. With a known temp of the water see how the IAT sensor compares.
I already did that with sensor out still reads higher than ambient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnkathy View Post
Are you sure the sensor your putting in is the properly calibrated one?
I used the one that came with the Heartbeat & used a new ZL1 sensor & got same result.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Old 01-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #10
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
Sounds like there may be a cut wire from that sensor. It may have happened during the install of the heartbeat.

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
97ChameleonTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:02 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Installed the HeartBeat upgrade a while ago & noticed IAT2 reads high (55C) 130+F on idle with chiller on & higher with chiller off, after reading about IAT sensor issue with HeartBeat & as suggested by ADM I replaced the iat2 sensor with original LSA sensor & still reads high.
Any one with the HeartBeat having this issue?
Inter cooler temp with chiller is (20C) 65F but still IAT2 reads (55C)130+F & clumps with driving , input is appreciated.

Ahmad
You will have to rescale the Y axis in the IAT table.

Try an SS Y axis.

You can check the IAT sensor calibration first thing in the morning KEY on Engine OFF.

All Three ECT IAT, IAT2 should be within 1 degree

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #12
alssiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You will have to rescale the Y axis in the IAT table.

Try an SS Y axis.

You can check the IAT sensor calibration first thing in the morning KEY on Engine OFF.

All Three ECT IAT, IAT2 should be within 1 degree

Ted.
Ted, I remember you asked to do this & I did check the difference was 9 degrees difference.
You are saying I have to let my tuner to try an SS IAT Y access & see?

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Old 01-13-2016, 10:13 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Ted, I remember you asked to do this & I did check the difference was 9 degrees difference.
You are saying I have to let my tuner to try an SS IAT Y access & see?

Ahmad
Might be a good place to start.

you can adjust the Y axis until the sensor reads correctly at all temps.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #14
alssiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
ECU is not reading the sensor as you said you put it in air temp and it still read 50c, check connection points of the harness somewhere somehow it isn't getting a reading.

Also try getting the IAT2 reading with no sensor plugged into the harness, then plug it in whilst reading the IAT2 see if that resets it.

Other option is pull your ECU fuse out for 30min and see if that resets anything.

Check and clear any fault codes.
Insure you MAF is also plugged in whilst this is IAT1 it may play a role.
I did try unplugging the wire & I got check engine straight & I am sure it is reading but reading high , all other connections are ok & IAT2 reads higher than IAT1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ChameleonTA View Post
Sounds like there may be a cut wire from that sensor. It may have happened during the install of the heartbeat.
Wire is ok for sure.
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)