Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-22-2020, 06:10 PM   #15
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
Check out the courses from The Tuning School. They offer printed courses, online or classroom schools at their shop in Florida (and around the country). I read everything I could find online, but really didn't get comfortable with the HP Tuners software until I took the class in Florida.
Thanks! Yea, I've been told by many to look into their tuning courses. It is definitely something I want to do, if I can swing it.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #16
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
If you take a course from The Tuning School (printed or classroom) you get a year of technical support for free. It's tough to put a price on that.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #17
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
If you take a course from The Tuning School (printed or classroom) you get a year of technical support for free. It's tough to put a price on that.
Good to know!! Thanks!!!
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #18
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Did you get HP? I am looking at it right now. Thinking of the NGauge, but not sure if it also needs a MPV to support it. When you spend a credit to tune say a cam, do you have to spend more credits to adjust the tune? Just not sure about the credit game, I watched the tuning school video on it but I am still not clear. When does it decide you need new credits? My experience with Diablo and SCT through email tuners is that it takes multiple tunes to nail down the tune. Just want to make sure I am not going to be buying credits constantly.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #19
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Credits are vin specific .2 for the ECM ..1 for the Fpcm if you tune/ rewrite it. Tune all you want with no additional charges
Old 04-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #20
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
I'm getting it as well, but am terrified to make changes myself lol. GPI will be remote tuning my car with it, so I guess I'll just be data logging at first. Would love to learn it, but it seems VERY involved
Having someone remote tune your car with HP Tuners is a great way to learn. You get to see which channels (aka PIDs) they log for different types of tuning, you get to see the changes they make based off of the logs you create. There is a Compare file feature that lets you open two tune files and see the differences between them. I wouldnt expect to be able to tune yourself for quite some time though, unless you are extremely dedicated to learning it.

I always tell people the best money I've ever spent on my car hobby is HPTuners simply for the VCM scanner. The ability to connect your laptop and identify a problem in a matter of seconds is invaluable.

Even if you arent ready to tune air fuel/spark and the major stuff, you can still adjust simple things. Like your fans on/off temp, gear ratio changes, changing fuel injector and loading their inj data.

When my bothers GMC Sierra had a DOD lifter failure and we did the DOD delete, I was able to turn off DOD in the tune. It's the best tool in my tool box.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...

Last edited by eLeSthree; 04-06-2020 at 11:31 AM.
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote