Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-08-2019, 09:00 PM   #15
Fanch1LE

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
Nice work! I like what you've done with the car. How was the install on the DSX pump? I recently bought the flex fuel sensor and aux pump but haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

I'm also strongly considering a cam soon. I am running the SLP supercharger with 3.6" pulley. I'll probably go with a BTR PDS Stage 2 cam. Hoping to make similar numbers as you.
Fanch1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #16
ChaosActual

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanch1LE View Post
Nice work! I like what you've done with the car. How was the install on the DSX pump? I recently bought the flex fuel sensor and aux pump but haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

I'm also strongly considering a cam soon. I am running the SLP supercharger with 3.6" pulley. I'll probably go with a BTR PDS Stage 2 cam. Hoping to make similar numbers as you.
The aux pump install was pretty straightforward and took me about 4 hours if I remember correctly. The directions were spot on and the hardest part was deciding how to route the wires from the pump to the engine bay. I ran the car to nearly empty and backed it on to ramps so that when I drilled the tank I didn't spill any fuel. I just finished installing a 10% OD balancer, 3.0" blower pulley, 8 rib kit, and dual widebands. Once I get a split LTFT issue fixed and the super tensioner installed I should be ready to rock 'n roll.
ChaosActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #17
ChaosActual

A lot of work has been done recently, from troubleshooting an LTFT split issue, to replacing the clutch master cylinder, separate Wilwood 4oz clutch reservoir, tick braided clutch line and continuing on with the build.

I’ve attached some pictures of the modifications I have made recently.

-Innovators West 8-Rib conversion
-ATI 10% OD 8-Rib Damper
-JRE SuperTensioner
-3.0” 8-Rib blower pulley
-Dual Widebands Bank 1+2
-HPTuners nGauge

I’m waiting for a new set of headers to be delivered currently before I take it in for a re-tune and dyno. I’m hoping for somewhere in the ballpark of 675 RWHP on 91 and 750 RWHP on E-85. Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but with the massive pulley ratio change I don’t think a +75HP increase is out of the field of possibilities.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2019, 08:51 PM   #18
ChaosActual

New headers are installed. Thanks to Juiced Motorsports for the quick shipping and the forum discount code. I was very surprised with how easy the header install was on this car. I was a little concerned with doing it in the driveway and not having access to a lift because of the holiday shop schedule but I decided to go for it anyways. No clearance issues whatsoever. I had them installed within a few hours and the hardest part was probably pulling the spark plugs and getting the flange lined up to thread the bolts in. Otherwise it was very straightforward. I have an apointment booked for tomorrow to get a tune revision for the updated pulleys and fuel upgrades so I’ll post back with results tomorrow night.

UPDATE:
Just finished up with the tune revision. I’m now at ~12 psi boost and 580/550 on pump gas (tuner didn’t want to go any more without methanol) but with E70 it is making 682/675 to the wheels with a little belt slip up top. Was getting some clutch slip towards the end so the tuner couldn’t do much more with it slipping. I swear, it never ends.
Attached Images

Last edited by ChaosActual; 12-27-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:09 AM   #19
Mkoppes

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels 2SS
Do you happen to know the part number of the ATI super damper and pulley? I have a similar set up. Thanks!
Mkoppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #20
ChaosActual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoppes View Post
Do you happen to know the part number of the ATI super damper and pulley? I have a similar set up. Thanks!
The 8-rib 10% OD shell is PN: 917108

Also checked a few things off my wishlist.

Added Braum seats and a Pierburg CWA-100 intercooler pump.

I have also ordered and received DSS 1400 hp axles and a McLeod RXT clutch, both will be installed once I get a free day.

Car is also in the shop getting a new wrap right now so stay tuned for pictures of the updated color.

I’ve also included the last photo with the canards and a photo of the new bumper without canards and hood wrap removed.
Attached Images

Last edited by ChaosActual; 03-30-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:30 PM   #21
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Solid build
I like those seats
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:28 PM   #22
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
Very nice build. I've been to 29 Stumps quite a bit in my career. Now that i'm retired, i live in southern Arizona. I guess i just got used to the heat and sand.

H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:21 AM   #23
ChaosActual

Finally got the car back from being wrapped today. Couldn’t help but snap a few pictures while filling up on the way home.
Attached Images