Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
JERRYwss6

Drives: 2011 rjt Camaro SS
Talking Just bought a Magnuson tvs2300!!

Hello Camaro5 forums! It's my first time posting here but I'm always lurking through here. Bought my SS three months ago and I made my mind that I need a blower. It's a bone stock 2011 SS m6.

How much does it produce with the stock pulley with longtube headers and no mufflers. How much power should I expect? Is there whine inside the car? Anything else I should do before installing it?
JERRYwss6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #2
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The blower should add somewhere around 100-125 HP with the base kit. With other mods...it can do a lot more. But be prepared to spend some more money. We all get the mod itch for more power!

With the TVS2300...you won't hear much blower whine at all. Its a very quiet blower. You can add the rear cog drive system to get some whine if you want. If you turn up the blower boost significantly with a smaller pulley they will whine a bit more.
cc-rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
JERRYwss6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
The blower should add somewhere around 100-125 HP with the base kit. With other mods...it can do a lot more. But be prepared to spend some more money. We all get the mod itch for more power!

With the TVS2300...you won't hear much blower whine at all. Its a very quiet blower. You can add the rear cog drive system to get some whine if you want. If you turn up the blower boost significantly with a smaller pulley they will whine a bit more.
I hope to get some whine with a smaller pulley. If I don't then I will get the Cog drive system. I seen on your signature you have speed engineering headers how did they fit? Would you recommend them?
Old 11-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYwss6 View Post
I hope to get some whine with a smaller pulley. If I don't then I will get the Cog drive system. I seen on your signature you have speed engineering headers how did they fit? Would you recommend them?
I absolutely recommend the Speed Engineering headers. Well built, fit perfect, and about 1/4 the cost of the big name headers.

You'll need to go for the cog system if you want a whine. The 2300's are very quiet blowers. I like the blower whine too...my Kenne Bell makes some noise!

BTW...I see you are the one who bought that red Maggie in the classifieds, right? What a great looking blower. That is the exact one that my buddy had. I just love those wrinkle red Maggie blowers from a looks perspective. Congrats...you're going to have fun with it!
Old 11-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #5
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Congrats!! The smaller pulley will not get the whine you want. I had the 1:1 cog and installed and that made a huge difference! Sounds how it should if you ask me.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #6
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
I absolutely recommend the Speed Engineering headers. Well built, fit perfect, and about 1/4 the cost of the big name headers.

You'll need to go for the cog system if you want a whine. The 2300's are very quiet blowers. I like the blower whine too...my Kenne Bell makes some noise!

BTW...I see you are the one who bought that red Maggie in the classifieds, right? What a great looking blower. That is the exact one that my buddy had. I just love those wrinkle red Maggie blowers from a looks perspective. Congrats...you're going to have fun with it!

So your headers cost $200?
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #7
JERRYwss6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
So your headers cost $200?
They cost about $300
Old 11-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #8
JERRYwss6

Wink

Quote:

Yup that was me! Thank you! My car is red so it'll go good I hope! Is the cog difficult to install? I really want whine, I have a 4th gen and its basically impossible installing a top mounted blower and I love supercharger whine.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #9
cc-rider

Quote:
Yup that was me! Thank you! My car is red so it'll go good I hope! Is the cog difficult to install? I really want whine, I have a 4th gen and its basically impossible installing a top mounted blower and I love supercharger whine.
I thought that was you who got that. Great buy. Great charger. That's going to look excellent under the hood in your red SS. Great blower performand wise too.

The rear cog is not hard to install. But you should order it up now and do it before you put it on. Then it will whine. Go to YouTube and search some videos of it. They are there.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #10
JERRYwss6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
Congrats!! The smaller pulley will not get the whine you want. I had the 1:1 cog and installed and that made a huge difference! Sounds how it should if you ask me.
Do you have any videos? Maybe a before and after?
Old 11-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #11
JERRYwss6

Cool

Quote:
I thought that was you who got that. Great buy. Great charger. That's going to look excellent under the hood in your red SS. Great blower performand wise too.

The rear cog is not hard to install. But you should order it up now and do it before you put it on. Then it will whine. Go to YouTube and search some videos of it. They are there.
I'm super excited! I'm hoping for 600rwhp I will look into the cog. I wanted a lsa but I found this and I fell in love with the red!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #12
cc-rider

Quote:
I'm super excited! I'm hoping for 600rwhp I will look into the cog. I wanted a lsa but I found this and I fell in love with the red!
Hate to tell you, But you're going to need some more mods to get to 600 rwhp. Headers, injectors, fuel pumps, pulleys, maybe a cam. You'll see around 480-500 is my guess (assuming all else is stock and the base kit).
Old 11-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
JERRYwss6

I know I won't reach it just bolting on the kit. But hopefully A smaller pulley, longtubes, full exhaust, intake, ported throttle body and maybe a flex fuel conversion. And hopefully I'll make that 600 mark. I want to do it with out a cam.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #14
JERRYwss6

Quote:
Hate to tell you, But you're going to need some more mods to get to 600 rwhp. Headers, injectors, fuel pumps, pulleys, maybe a cam. You'll see around 480-500 is my guess (assuming all else is stock and the base kit).
If I may ask how much did you make with the kennebell? You can pm me if you'd like