Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Late V6 rear swaybar options?

Is the JPSS rear sway bar the only SAFE option due to the rear brake interference? Seems that Hotchkis has
rear adj. links on their rear bar that can move the rear bar out of the way of the Brake Caliper banjo bolt.
However the bar is 32mm which is too much rear bar for my square setup? Cant find the end links they use
anywhere. Need a SS rear bar, but need the longer adj. links.

Last edited by chuckclanton; 12-09-2018 at 06:04 PM. Reason: More info
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #2
bmcquill

Drives: 2014 1LS
Also curious about what other outboard options there are. Otherwise I'm thinking about buying an older inboard bar this spring
bmcquill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckclanton View Post
Is the JPSS rear sway bar the only SAFE option due to the rear brake interference? Seems that Hotchkis has
rear adj. links on their rear bar that can move the rear bar out of the way of the Brake Caliper banjo bolt.
However the bar is 32mm which is too much rear bar for my square setup? Cant find the end links they use
Hotchkiss 32mm will work on v6 brake setup. It comes with the links but make sure you have the correct lca that have the holes for it. 14&15’s have them but I’m not sure what year they started putting these lca on, maybe as early as 12.

If I recall correctly there’s enough adjustment to clear with plenty of room. This is a hollow bar so it’s not as extreme as you might think. It’s only part of the equation to “fix” the rear suspension issues but I found it to work well as a starting point. I eventually put brembo brakes on and when I pulled the v6 brakes off there was no rub from this bar setup, so check it after some driving to adjust as needed. I run 285 squared now and easily get 1g+ with this bar and many other parts.
Good luck
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckclanton View Post

On my 2010 2LT/RS I have the Black Magic "JPSS rear sway bar" but had to install Z/28 LCA's in order for them to work. I also installed a 1LE front sway bar and it made a huge difference in ride/handling quality!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have a set of newer style LCAs, end links and 1LE/ZL1 toe rods.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
bmcquill

Drives: 2014 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotls1 View Post
Hotchkiss 32mm will work on v6 brake setup. It comes with the links but make sure you have the correct lca that have the holes for it. 14&15’s have them but I’m not sure what year they started putting these lca on, maybe as early as 12.

If I recall correctly there’s enough adjustment to clear with plenty of room. This is a hollow bar so it’s not as extreme as you might think. It’s only part of the equation to “fix” the rear suspension issues but I found it to work well as a starting point. I eventually put brembo brakes on and when I pulled the v6 brakes off there was no rub from this bar setup, so check it after some driving to adjust as needed. I run 285 squared now and easily get 1g+ with this bar and many other parts.
Good luck

I finally installed the 32mm Hotchkis bar today (part# 22112R) and so far I haven't noticed any issues with clearance thanks for your input. I have a 25mm front ZL1 bar that I hope to install next week