Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Is there a Neurologist in the house?

Long story short, I went to the ER tuesday night for some tingling in my pinkie finger and hand. That turned out to be ulnar nerve neuropathy. But in the process they found some interesting results on my MRI. Being inpatient as I am, I would prefer not to wait the 2 weeks until my scheduled neurologist appointment to get my results read. I have the findings of the MRI, just have no idea what they mean. So if you're a neurologist and have a few minutes I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Is it the typed dictated copy or the hand written?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
The Stig

Typed dictated copy. I have a soft copy so I could email it to you.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Many times there are long sentences at the end that equal a negative study...
Old 06-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, too much time on the keyboard, if it was the lateral palmer surface and thumb, it would be the radial nerve...

My recommended treatment is more time behind the wheel of your camaro and less time on the Computer...

Aren't you a medical student anyway,...and no, I'm not a doctor, much less a neurologist...but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, too much time on the keyboard, if it was the lateral palmer surface and thumb, it would be the radial nerve...

My recommended treatment is more time behind the wheel of your camaro and less time on the Computer...

Aren't you a medical student anyway,...and no, I'm not a doctor, much less a neurologist...but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express...
Hahaha well played. While yes I do have ulnar nerve neuropathy, it is very different from carpal tunnel syndrome. Which is when the median nerve is compressed within the carpal tunnel, usually occurs from use of your flexor muscles

Yes I am working on my MD, and while I understand what the results were I want to know how serious my cervical disk offsets are. Basically they found that I have cervical multilevel degenerative disk disease. Most prominant in my C5 and C6 currently. But all my other C-vertebrae show 7mm-10mm of protrusion. So that's what I was asking for help about. Because to me, 7mm is a pretty big amount for the spine to be off by, but apparently it isn't THAT bad. Just need to suck it up and get back to modding.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Hahaha well played. While yes I do have ulnar nerve neuropathy, it is very different from carpal tunnel syndrome. Which is when the median nerve is compressed within the carpal tunnel, usually occurs from use of your flexor muscles

Yes I am working on my MD, and while I understand what the results were I want to know how serious my cervical disk offsets are. Basically they found that I have cervical multilevel degenerative disk disease. Most prominant in my C5 and C6 currently. But all my other C-vertebrae show 7mm-10mm of protrusion. So that's what I was asking for help about. Because to me, 7mm is a pretty big amount for the spine to be off by, but apparently it isn't THAT bad. Just need to suck it up and get back to modding.

First and foremost, I am not in any fashion downplaying the discomfort or concern shown for most any medical malady,

but...

I had to laugh... When I was in Paramedic school, it got to the point we knew what malady one of my fellow students or I was going to have next by scanning forward a chapter or two in the text... It was amazing how upon completion of the class, all the suspected major medical emergencies for us disappeared...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 06-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Find a good masseuse

Edit: I have absolutely no medical background. But hey, it can't hurt anything, right?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Most prominant in my C5 and C6 currently. But all my other C-vertebrae show 7mm-10mm of protrusion. So that's what I was asking for help about. Because to me, 7mm is a pretty big amount for the spine to be off by, but apparently it isn't THAT bad. Just need to suck it up and get back to modding.
dr could mean the 7mm is a total difference between C1-C7? That would still be pretty big difference.

Didn't you mama tell you not to slouch!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
dr could mean the 7mm is a total difference between C1-C7? That would still be pretty big difference.

Didn't you mama tell you not to slouch!
And get a elevated screen for the computer... with a neutral height keyboard...

Old 06-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #11
The Stig

Yep, will work on that.

But to explain why this isn't from a computer. When I was 17 I got into a car crash that left my right side paralyzed, open skull fracture, collapsed left patella (knee cap), and nerve damage in my lower legs. The docs are making an educated guess that my car crash is/was what caused the problem and it going untreated for about 5 years has led to the problem being worse.

BUT, this would be a great excuse for me to get a lift. "Hunny, I can't bend down to work on the car. You know what would help?"
Old 06-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Yep, will work on that.

But to explain why this isn't from a computer. When I was 17 I got into a car crash that left my right side paralyzed, open skull fracture, collapsed left patella (knee cap), and nerve damage in my lower legs. The docs are making an educated guess that my car crash is/was what caused the problem and it going untreated for about 5 years has led to the problem being worse.

BUT, this would be a great excuse for me to get a lift. "Hunny, I can't bend down to work on the car. You know what would help?"
Sounds like a plan to me... Sorry to hear about the car wreck... Doesn't sound like it's slowing you too much... Good Luck with the Studies...I had over 20 years in the field as a practicing paramedic, flight medic on fixed and rotor wing aircraft... and used to teach ACLS, BTLS etc... thats all behind me now though...

Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #13
The Stig

Wow, that is quite the resume. Guessing you just mod now? I do volunteer firefighting and EMS while I'm up at school, so really just hope that I don't have to give that up.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Wow, that is quite the resume. Guessing you just mod now? I do volunteer firefighting and EMS while I'm up at school, so really just hope that I don't have to give that up.
You'll be busy as a cut worm for a few years, but when you get that MD, please take time to ride with the local guys wherever you end up... I used to love it occasionally when a MD would ride along... It didn't happen often, but we both learned from each other every time it happened... The ones that rode along for the most part were very down to earth and left the ego elsewhere... I didn't sit back and watch when they were along though...

One particular case, had a very obese patient with a C3-C6 cervical fusion, and very anterior placement...+4 on the difficulty scale, with no hope of visualizing the cords... Doc tried to intubate, couldnt get it so after bagging the O2-sats up, I talked him through a retrograde intubation... He was stoked... and very appreciative...