Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this plug and play ABL mod?
Yes 178 97.80%
No 4 2.20%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
We need a vendor to step up and make us a ABL mod in a plug and play setup!!!!

Im sure that there are a ton of people here that would love a plug and play setup to have the ABL all the way around the door inserts and across the dash. Alot of us have seen members that have done this the DIY route, but I think its safe to say that it is not really a job for beginners. So any vendors want to pick up the ball and make us a plug and play kit? (*Cough Cough AAC*) Im sure they would sell like hot cakes! Anyone that would be interested post in this thread and let it be known and dont forget to vote. If theres enough interest maybe we can get this done.

Heres pics of a DIY ABL that FIREWOLFF did for reference.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48507

Last edited by Maro99; 10-21-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
without a doubt.....I be ALL IN!!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
im in !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
Maro99

Alot of votes and views but not many posts... Come on guys post up if your interested, the bigger this thread gets the better chance we have that a vendor will consider taking this project on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
without a doubt.....I be ALL IN!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
im in !!!!!!!!!!!!
So far 13 votes for yes and only 1 for no... Thats a good start!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
cerealkller72
Nightshade

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro LS
How about a plug and play for the doors as well for those who don't have it. My problem isn't a willingness to do it myself, but having the time to do it.
cerealkller72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
lakers67

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Count me in!!!
lakers67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkller72 View Post
How about a plug and play for the doors as well for those who don't have it. My problem isn't a willingness to do it myself, but having the time to do it.
Im sure if someone made this plug and play kit that they could do it for the people that are currently without ABL.. I have already seen some people on here do the conversion to the factory ABL panels.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
no camaro, but this sounds like an awesome idea that i had plans to DIY when i was gonna get one. i remember the ruckus it stirred & how popular the idea was, so i'll add one for ya
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
It depends on what exactly is included and if it s a true plug and play. In order to do the ABL you have to sand down and modify the trim pieces. So for a vendor to sell a truly plug and play set they also would have to include these modified parts which cost $450 alone not including the labor and products needed to modify them. Not sure if I want to spend that on something I already have and can do myself. But still offer it for those that have the LS, 1LT, or 1SS.

Now if a vendor wanted to sell the ABL parts prefabbed, wired, soldered, etc along with instructions on how to sand and modify our own trim pieces, now that I could get into to.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It depends on what exactly is included and if it s a true plug and play. In order to do the ABL you have to sand down and modify the trim pieces. So for a vendor to sell a truly plug and play set they also would have to include these modified parts which cost $450 alone not including the labor and products needed to modify them. Not sure if I want to spend that on something I already have and can do myself. But still offer it for those that have the LS, 1LT, or 1SS.

Now if a vendor wanted to sell the ABL parts prefabbed, wired, soldered, etc along with instructions on how to sand and modify our own trim pieces, now that I could get into to.
As far as the people without the ABL panels you may be right.. Im not sure if a non ABL panel can be made into a panel to accept the ABL. Im sure someone with better knowledge on that situation can clarify. As for the people that already have factory ABL, there could be a core charge that way you arent paying for a full set of panels but just the work done to them, after you receive them you send in your panels and get the core price back. .
Old 10-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #11
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
and also if its plug and play could they make them in different colors??? they might as well! id love to see it in red =)
Old 10-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #12
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyJester7 View Post
and also if its plug and play could they make them in different colors??? they might as well! id love to see it in red =)
Yeah that would also be cool.. Maybe even color shifting so you can change to multiple colors. Guess its all up to what can be done with the parts needed. I would be cool with just ABL color if thats all that would be possible but different colors would definitely be an added bonus!
Old 10-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #13
Madgiggler

Drives: 2SS RS
id be interested to see if it can be done with a "smooth" light...like how its done now...but wrapped all the way around as it should have been form the factory.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #14
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
not all of the cars have the same plugs....the early 2SS and 2LT have the plug in the dash like they were going to put there from the factory, other cars you need to splice wires to get power from. I'd be intereseted in seeing the price and install procedure. It looks like there would still be considerable work on your part (sanding the trim pieces for example)

if there was a 'maybe' choice thats where I'd vote.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote