Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
1QwkSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
installing N2MB WOT box

hey guys...i know most of you are using the Lingenfelter or the MSD 2step controllers but i know plenty of people also use the N2MB WOT box with no issues as well....in the middle of my install and just trying to verify something....

most of the wire connections are straightforward and make sense...only snag i'm running into is because i'm trying to make this a fairly clean and unnoticeable installation....

According to directions it says that the RED WOT box wire needs to go to the pink/black wire on the main coil harness connector (GRAY side of connector)

and if i understand it correctly the ORANGE WOT box wire will go to the passenger side pink/black wire on the main coil harness connector

what i'm trying to verify is that if I connect it to the PINK wire on the opposite side of that connector (same pin location just on the BLUE side of the connector) i'm completing the same objective...if anyone knows of anything as to why NOT to do this i'm all ears...thanks for any help in advance...when this is all said and done i'll take pictures of every wire you're intended to make connections at for future reference of any more installs in the future
1QwkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Old post but did you ever get the WOT box installed? I'm looking to install one and was wondering if you have any pics of where you made your connections?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
suprchrgd

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
reviving an old post.

Anyone around here have experience installing the n2mb in a camaro?
suprchrgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #4
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I have one installed and it works correctly. I am also using the shift light function it provides.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #5
suprchrgd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I have one installed and it works correctly. I am also using the shift light function it provides.
Wish you were closer. I'd just like to have someone help me install mine. The actual splicing and soldering doesn't bother me at all. Its finding the correct wire in the harness to splice into that scares me.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #6
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchrgd View Post
Wish you were closer. I'd just like to have someone help me install mine. The actual splicing and soldering doesn't bother me at all. Its finding the correct wire in the harness to splice into that scares me.
Look here
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=31
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
suprchrgd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
appreciate the help. Still scared of this though...
Old 08-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
1QwkSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
Name:  2step.jpg
Views: 2621
Size:  109.2 KB

i hope this statement helps anyone looking to complete this as well....this means with the red & black wires in the diagram that you splice the wire in reference going to the coil pack that is also in reference and the black wire gets connected to the side of the wire that goes to the coil pack and the red wire gets connected to the side of the wire returning to ecm/fuse box all you're doing is creating an interruption in the signal to the coil wire
1QwkSS is offline   Reply With Quote