Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
BEING HARASSED BY MY SALESMAN!!

Soooo...I filled out my GM customer satisfaction survey that they emailed me a week ago. I was honest and praised the individuals that I felt did a great job and basically said that my salesman needed to work on his skills.

Well the dealership must have received a copy today and I get this irate phone call from my salesman. He is just going off on me!!! I attempted to explain why I answered the way I did and what I thought could have helped but he didn't want to hear anything I had to say. He's telling me that at the price I got the car for I shouldn't have any expectations basically and that he only made $100 off of the deal. I pointed out that he wouldn't have made anything if that car was still sitting on their lot and that regardless if someone spent 40k or 80k or 10k on a car, its still their hard earned money they are putting out and a certain amount of respect is expected. I pointed out that maybe sales isn't the best career for him. He started yelling at me again and using foul language so I simply told him that i was letting him go and to not call me back again.

Man, so much for filling out those surveys.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
wow. i would vist the manager of the car lot about this situation!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
I'd call the manager of the dealership to let him know you got this call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Wow That guy needs some professional help.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Thats why I do not fill them out. Some folks at my dealership are great and others suck.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
You basically screwed the guy over and now he's mad. What did you expect? Those surveys are all a game and I'm sure they explained it all to you. You should have talked to the sales manager if you couldn't fill the survey out they wanted you to, at least it wouldn't have come as a shock to the person who sold you the car.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Mikey193

Drives: 2012 black ss/rs camaro
thats funny my salesman said he only made $100 off the deal too
Mikey193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
My salesman was excellent and he mentioned that I would be receiving a customer service survey in a few weeks and would appreciate if I gave him good marks on it. This was 12/09/09 and I still have never received one.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
wow. i would vist the manager of the car lot about this situation!
He would have lost his job that day Or i would have attempted to get him fired. and that dealership would have gotten a bad rating and a do not buy from this dealership on Yelp.com

You dont call a customer and degrade and badger him/her over your service or lack there of.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
The sales people see every one of them. Unless you check the box that makes it anonymous. I doubt the sales manager is going to be helpful, as you also hurt him w/ the bad survey. I'm not defending them, I think it's incredibly poor taste to complain to a customer over a survey.

I've been angry in a similar fashion, but never would I call the customer to berate or confront them over it. That's kinda stupid.

I would only caution you to not burn your bridges that way b/c you might need them one day. I hope you're not planning on servicing the car there?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
1)The guy was calling me from the dealership. The way he was yelling and where his desk is at, I'm sure everyone heard him.

2)This guy has my address so I don't want him getting fired and then have him come hunting me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj View Post
You basically screwed the guy over and now he's mad. What did you expect? Those surveys are all a game and I'm sure they explained it all to you. You should have talked to the sales manager if you couldn't fill the survey out they wanted you to, at least it wouldn't have come as a shock to the person who sold you the car.
I didn't screw anyone over I answered honestly. I did call them a couple of times and left messages about my issue and nobody ever returned my calls. So their bad customer service is their own fault. I feel that I simply highlighted their bad points but also praised their good points. I think I was very fair.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I don't think there's a manager on the planet who wouldn't fire a salesperson who confronted a customer over survey responses... and if the manager won't do it, betcha GM would compel him to do so! And before you feel guilty for "tattling," remember that you will be doing a LOT of future and potential customers a big service by getting this jackwad off of the GM lot, and... he's a total jackwad! Who confronts a customer over a survey response?!?

My vote? Rat him out, get him out!

Do it now.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Your salesman was in the wrong to call you unless it's to ask how you like your vehicle or a question about something on the contract, but calling you to trip out on you over the phone?? He needs to play hockey, not sell cars.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
Wow...I'm with you Xedes-don't do anything else, the way people are these days, he may flip out and come over to your house with a gun or something...