Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #29
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Wonder why not the old standard: Black? We are talking about the "stripes" right?
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #30
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
White paint, grey stripes. Hmm, just like my favorite Iroc-Z.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #31
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMSU35 View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=stripe

Sounds like the stripes are available for all colors.
Thank You!!!!!!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #32
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Black paint w/ Cyber gray stripes for me
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #33
JamesJ
Garnet Red and Black plz

Drives: 69 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to JamesJ
im thinking painted from the factory, vinyl from the dealer, screw cyber grey for the stripes, make em black
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #34
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I'd rather go with vinyl, myself. More authentic since if the design was complex back in the day (pinstripes, hockey stripes, bumblebee stripes, etc., etc.), they were done with vinyl. But I'll agree that Rally/Lemans stripes should be done with paint since the design is overall simple and it turns out so much better.

You guys think the aftermarket will make a taillamp area blackout decal in flat black like this?

They make them for the Mustang and it would be rather foolish to do it with paint since... well, paint is so permanent and risky considering the curves. (Lol.) If you're careful, you can remove a decal lickity split and it sure is a hell of a lot cheaper to replace.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #35
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I'd rather go with vinyl, myself. More authentic since if the design was complex back in the day (pinstripes, hockey stripes, bumblebee stripes, etc., etc.), they were done with vinyl. But I'll agree that Rally/Lemans stripes should be done with paint since the design is overall simple and it turns out so much better.

You guys think the aftermarket will make a taillamp area blackout decal in flat black like this?

They make them for the Mustang and it would be rather foolish to do it with paint since... well, paint is so permanent and risky considering the curves. (Lol.) If you're careful, you can remove a decal lickity split and it sure is a hell of a lot cheaper to replace.
Not sure....but I will be making them.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #36
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Are the stangs using vinyl for the rally stripes? I know the higher end jobs are paint, but I don't think I've checked out the regular stock guys. I will have to check out a parking lot tomorrow.
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #37
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
Are the stangs using vinyl for the rally stripes? I know the higher end jobs are paint, but I don't think I've checked out the regular stock guys. I will have to check out a parking lot tomorrow.
My best friend's brother has a 2007 GT that came with stripes off the lot and they are vinyl. However, like I said, off the lot - could be dealer installed. They look fine if you ask me. They aren't full coverage stripes that people associate with Mustangs, though. They stop at the end of the hood and deck lid.

Quote:
Not sure....but I will be making them.
If you do, then you got a customer out of me, man, and I am dead serious on that.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:43 AM   #38
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
After seeing a close up of cyber grey (see my thread in media if you want to see it yourself) I'm betting the CG stripes will be painted, that color would be too hard to capture through a vinyl imo.
Can anybody confirm that works for GM whether or not the Cyber grey stripes will be painted by the factory or will they be vinyl like the rest.??
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #39
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
My best friend's brother has a 2007 GT that came with stripes off the lot and they are vinyl. However, like I said, off the lot - could be dealer installed. They look fine if you ask me. They aren't full coverage stripes that people associate with Mustangs, though. They stop at the end of the hood and deck lid.

If you do, then you got a customer out of me, man, and I am dead serious on that.
As soon as the cars start hitting the dealerships, I'll be there taking some dimensions so I can make vinyl stripes and decals of all kinds.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #40
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
Black paint w/ Cyber gray stripes for me
Same here, i think that'll look wicked.
crazz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #41
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
As soon as the cars start hitting the dealerships, I'll be there taking some dimensions so I can make vinyl stripes and decals of all kinds.
How about the words SHUNT for the back with an arrow pointing towards the trunk???????
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #42
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:

GM said the SS will have a blackout rear tailpanel...that is a good thing!
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote