Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #15
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
the inspections in texas don't detect disabled codes... it tells you just as much about the emissions as your onstar diagnostic report! all they use is a scanner to scan and see if your emissions system triggered a code, thats it. the 3 months i've had my long tubes on and o2 codes disabled none of my onstar diagnostic reports has flagged anything other than low tire pressure in the cold december weather we had!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Thanks Red

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #17
MorePowerMike

Drives: me crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Disabled codes are checked for during my Inspection Sticker update here in Texas. Is it possible to get a custom tune done to "re-calibrate" the O2 sensors instead of disabling them???

Also, are there plans to support the TCM in the L99s as this is where the big gains are...

Thanks,
Mike
Little side note here. The SCT handheld has the L99 TCM tuning fully operational.
MorePowerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePowerMike View Post
Little side note here. The SCT handheld has the L99 TCM tuning fully operational.
Yes it does. We have these devices in stock ready to ship with our TRUE CUSTOM TUNES!
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #19
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

I'm sure its only a matter of time till we can list the mods we have and someone will be able to provide a downloadable tune for the diablo and trinity. Can't wait...

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
W T F
Old 01-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #20
Meister@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
I'm sure its only a matter of time till we can list the mods we have and someone will be able to provide a downloadable tune for the diablo and trinity. Can't wait...
Why wait for the diablo when there are other better or equal products available now?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #21
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Why wait for the diablo when there are other better or equal products available now?
What exactly are you referring to that competes with the Trinity as far as features and functionality? (And price?)
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Quote:
I checked out your website, the online store is not up yet. I want a hand held unit, the SCT is what your saying is equal or better?
What I want in a tuner is a 93 octane tune which gives all factory stock cars a boost, and one that has a long tube header/cold air intake tune. This tune will have even more pop and eliminate the "CEL" dogging some of the long tube header installs.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
W T F

Last edited by tjbusa; 01-25-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #23
Meister@Torq

You can call us or e-mail to order the unit until our online store is up and someone will help you out. The SCT device is great and we use our TRUE CUSTOM tunes specific to your modifications and if it is an auto, we have full control over the TCM. Yes, the device is equal or better
Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
Meister@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
What exactly are you referring to that competes with the Trinity as far as features and functionality? (And price?)
I was discussing the Predator and Xcal. The touch screen xtreme is on the way for GM's
Old 01-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #25
Mike@DS

Quote:
I was discussing the Predator and Xcal. The touch screen xtreme is on the way for GM's
...the $1100 Touchscreen device?
Really?

$599>$900.

http://www.google.com/products?q=SCT...eme&hl=en&aq=f

I suppose bluetooth flashing is worth $300+....wonder what happens if you enable your bluetooth cellphone while its flashing your car (!)?

Also, out of curiosity, does the SCT device have end user adjustable parameters? Rev limits? Tire size adjustment? WOT fuel or spark adjustment?

Last 2010 Camaro we had in here with an SCT flash on it had a 2010 Vette cal in it...that was interesting to say the least.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #26
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Can any of the handhelds tinker with the decel popping?

I've done a lot of tuning on Harleys with their SE Race Tuner program. That has a small table for - Decel Enleanment. When you put open pipes on a FI Harley, they pop like crazy on decel. You go into that Decel Enleanment table and keep richening up the values until the popping is minimized. Then there is enough fuel on decel to support combustion in the motor instead of in the pipes. Then on decel or between shifts you get a sweet - bwaaaaaaaa---- instead of pop pop pop.

Just curious if I did, LT's and CAI, and a mail order tune, could I still tinker a bit if it was still popping a lot?

Sorry for the hijack, but since the various brands were being discussed thought I'd throw a question out there.

Thanks
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #27
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
to fix the popping, you'd need to edit the coast down spark/timing... none of the handhelds access that parameter in the tune file.. But, you can get a custom tune created for a diablosport Predator or Trinity that can fix that for ya very easily....
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #28
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Can any of the handhelds tinker with the decel popping?

I've done a lot of tuning on Harleys with their SE Race Tuner program. That has a small table for - Decel Enleanment. When you put open pipes on a FI Harley, they pop like crazy on decel. You go into that Decel Enleanment table and keep richening up the values until the popping is minimized. Then there is enough fuel on decel to support combustion in the motor instead of in the pipes. Then on decel or between shifts you get a sweet - bwaaaaaaaa---- instead of pop pop pop.

Just curious if I did, LT's and CAI, and a mail order tune, could I still tinker a bit if it was still popping a lot?

Sorry for the hijack, but since the various brands were being discussed thought I'd throw a question out there.

Thanks
Lew is correct.

We have found that playing with dfco settings will often lead to a loss of mileage, but the same effect can be achieved through some decel timing adjustments.