Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-14-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Track Ready Interior!!!!

Hello guys and gals. I been planing some track days with some friend for some time. 2 of them went to Willow springs just last week. I got invited but could not attend since I have to tires left for the event and also I don't have my driver side tail lights for about 2 more weeks until AAC Oracle fixes the Plasma 2.0 Afterburners ( second time the bulbs die)

Anyways here is my interior ready to be put in use when I buy tires and go to Willow Springs .
Attached Images

Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #2
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Smile

Driver side
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #3
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

And the passenger side
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Hello guys and gals. I been planing some track days with some friend for some time. 2 of them went to Willow springs just last week. I got invited but could not attend since I have to tires left for the event and also I don't have my driver side tail lights for about 2 more weeks until AAC Oracle fixes the Plasma 2.0 Afterburners ( second time the bulbs die)

Anyways here is my interior ready to be put in use when I buy tires and go to Willow Springs .
Leo let me know when you plan on going. We always have groups of us hit the local Tracks. Streets is one of my favorites. Have you been on Track yet?? Tires are the most important things to have IMO. Without good tires you can have all the power in the world but won't be able to put it to the ground without them. Let me know if you need any help getting on Track.

Kurt
Old 08-14-2015, 11:28 PM   #5
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Leo let me know when you plan on going. We always have groups of us hit the local Tracks. Streets is one of my favorites. Have you been on Track yet?? Tires are the most important things to have IMO. Without good tires you can have all the power in the world but won't be able to put it to the ground without them. Let me know if you need any help getting on Track.

Kurt
I haven't been to the track yet; this past weekend with my friend a was supposed to be out first track day for all. They took a 2014 1LE and 2015 Z28. Yeah I also believe tires are one of the most important aspects in the track day that why I'm looking in which next set of tires I should buy.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
I haven't been to the track yet; this past weekend with my friend a was supposed to be out first track day for all. They took a 2014 1LE and 2015 Z28. Yeah I also believe tires are one of the most important aspects in the track day that why I'm looking in which next set of tires I should buy.
Ya I was at Auto Club this pass weekend myself. There was a couple guys out there with Z28s. I had an issue with an O2 sensor and had to leave early.

Was out there testing my Newest Product. As for Tires I just got a set of Hankook RS3. They were awesome. Much better than the Goodyears. Set runs approx $1500-$1600.

Anyways hit me up when you decide. See if I can make it out. BTW sweet ride. I've seen you around some meets.

Kurt

Last edited by Aero_Sport_Concepts; 08-15-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Aero_Sport_Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #7
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Ya I was at Auto Club this pass weekend myself. There was a couple guys out there with Z28s. I had an issue with an O2 sensor and had to leave early.

Was out there testing my Newest Product. As for Tires I just got a set of Hankook RS. They were awesome. Much better than the Goodyears. Set runs approx $1500-$1600.

Anyways hit me up when you decide. See if I can make it out. BTW sweet ride. I've seen you around some meets.

Kurt
Oh yes I will let you know sir I would love to get some tips on to handle the track.

I need to figure out first if I can keep my second splitter. I added a APR carbon fiber splitter with rods under the oem 1LE splitter. Looks amazing.

But I attached the rods to the splitter and the other end to the lower part of the front bumper. So after I got my car back from the shop after doing water/ meaty injection I got 626 rwhp and 636 torque so ofcourse a friend of mine with a Charger R/T wants to race me in "Drag" in a desolated road close to my house just to see how out cars go head to head before he installs his turbo kit.

I didn't want to because several reasons.
1. I got no tires to do that at all
2. Camber is set up for track course
3. Several down force components ( front splitter, front canards, Wickerbill wing) as you know not good for drag

Pretty much I built this car for track course, nothing to do at all with drag. Ok I'll get to the point. So a friend recorded the race. I didn't floor it since take off because the car was going to fish tail. I floored it in second still fish tailed. At the end of the race I was able to catch him and pass him.

I saw the video yesterday and notice that if I pause it in the exact moment we are about to pass my other friends you can see the front splitter creating so much down force that is pulling the lower part of the bunker down and de attaching from the lower grill. I took this picture from the video it's not very good but you can see what I'm talking about. Look at the from bumper.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2015, 12:04 AM   #8
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Oh yes I will let you know sir I would love to get some tips on to handle the track.

I need to figure out first if I can keep my second splitter. I added a APR carbon fiber splitter with rods under the oem 1LE splitter. Looks amazing.

But I attached the rods to the splitter and the other end to the lower part of the front bumper. So after I got my car back from the shop after doing water/ meaty injection I got 626 rwhp and 636 torque so ofcourse a friend of mine with a Charger R/T wants to race me in "Drag" in a desolated road close to my house just to see how out cars go head to head before he installs his turbo kit.

I didn't want to because several reasons.
1. I got no tires to do that at all
2. Camber is set up for track course
3. Several down force components ( front splitter, front canards, Wickerbill wing) as you know not good for drag

Pretty much I built this car for track course, nothing to do at all with drag. Ok I'll get to the point. So a friend recorded the race. I didn't floor it since take off because the car was going to fish tail. I floored it in second still fish tailed. At the end of the race I was able to catch him and pass him.

I saw the video yesterday and notice that if I pause it in the exact moment we are about to pass my other friends you can see the front splitter creating so much down force that is pulling the lower part of the bunker down and de attaching from the lower grill. I took this picture from the video it's not very good but you can see what I'm talking about. Look at the from bumper.
Ya you can see it flexed down for sure. Not sure if you know my car and company but we offer all that and more. The APR Splitter is a great looking piece. But their lack of support is a big problem on the track. I've seen a couple get ripped right off on the track as guys are going at speed. Big issue if it get stuck under the car. We've done alot of development on our Kit and Structurally I believe ours is the best on the market. I can literally stand on the front edge of our Splitter Extension and it will only deflect approx 1/4". No lie. I blow people's minds when I do it. My 1LE is a beast on Track. It's not because HP but because of handling.

We need to talk next time we see each other and you can see our products up close. Let me know if you need any help getting things worked out. I'm pretty good at this shit.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #9
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
As important if not more important are BRAKES! Make sure pads have plenty of life and fresh fluid bled through.

Yeah you will need to secure up that splitter before track days. If you are running big willow I was 130+ going in to turn 1 and at Auto club seen 140+ going into turn 1.

Main thing I see is that it appears the supports are just attached to the lower lip of the bumper cover? They really need to mount them to the actual bumper behind the cover so they are secured structurally to the car.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #10
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Very nice Lio, where did you get the fire extinguisher bracket?
Old 08-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #11
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
So, weird question for you, OP.

The red door and dash panels -- do they still light up at night or do you give up the feature when you color match?
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #12
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
Man all that money and you've never been on a track before building it!?!?!?!?!
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #13
mrebusa

Drives: 14' 2SS 1LE
absolutely perfect interior, I plan to do some seats and a cage this winter

Soon:
mrebusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:23 PM   #14
silverbullet415

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Looks great
silverbullet415 is offline   Reply With Quote