Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-24-2019, 09:48 AM   #15
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
You're going to be absolutely hooked after your first time out, to mirror what other people said. I track mine quite a bit and it's an absolute blast, and I keep up with cars that way out power mine.

As everyone else has said, at minimum do a quality DOT 4 fluid. If your pads are the standard off the shelf R1 pads, you'll likely find the limit to them within your session(s), but fading pads is much less butt puckery than boiling fluid. What Nitto tires did you go with?

Without any of the fancy cooling, the only thing I've experienced is the trans getting a little pissed when hot. I've had temps similar to JayRows (high 250s) and the car handled it just fine.

Definitely interested to hear how you like it!
Thanks for the good info everyone and Tyler. I went with the NT555G2 Nittos. The word I would use to describe them is deliberate. Put the car where you want it to go and it goes. Excellent tire on the road.

Can chevy do the brake fluid or should I go to a shop?

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #16
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Thanks for the good info everyone and Tyler. I went with the NT555G2 Nittos. The word I would use to describe them is deliberate. Put the car where you want it to go and it goes. Excellent tire on the road.

I've had the 555G2's on my Cobalt for a few years, great street tire for the price. I assume Chevy could do a flush, fill, and bleed. Not sure what they'd charge however, I always do it myself. IMO bleeding after every event seems a bit much, but once or twice a season isn't going to hurt anything. Get yourself a Motive Power Bleeder to be able to bleed yourself, saves a ton of time.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #17
JayRow52

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LS 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post

Chevy will do it. For the price they quoted me it was cheaper to buy the fluid and the Motive unit and do it myself. I was looking for an excuse to add that pressure bleeder to the tool box

This 3 pack of Motul RBF 600 will be enough to do a full flush with enough left over to bleed again after your track day. This Motive Power Bleeder kit includes the proper adapter for our brake fluid resevoir. There's a thread covering a couple people having issues getting the Motive to seal. I used the aluminum cap included in this kit with the thick gasket and it held 15psi without issue.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:58 AM   #18
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
I always do it myself. IMO bleeding after every event seems a bit much ...
After (or just before) each event, you wouldn't be fully flushing the fluid. Maybe 500 ml total from all four corners, which approximates a full system flush every three times.

Norm
Old 07-26-2019, 02:30 PM   #19
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I would just get srf fluid honestly. You can leave it in for a long time, dont have to worry about the next time you go out, etc. It just seems easier to me than having to buy motul every time
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote