Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #211
collinsRS
Active Duty U.S. Navy

Drives: 2012 Malibu LT, 2012 Camaro 1LT/RS
I feel like an armbar is in order here..
Old 04-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #212
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Let's just say this. After many bad experiences at dealerships I have just resorted to simply doing my own work whether I have a warranty or not. When I had to get my GTO's left mirror replaced they painted it the wrong color black, 5 times. After fighting with the service manager for a week I finally got it painted right and was walking out the door and he asked if he should email me the survey. I politely replied that it would be very unwise to send me that survey. Now if he did send the survey and I spoke my mind on it and he called me screaming at me I would of hung up, drove to the dealership and asked him to repeat exactly what he tried to say to me on the phone to my face. People tend to have a different attitude face to face.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #213
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey193 View Post
thats funny my salesman said he only made $100 off the deal too
He's probably telling the truth. Most new cars will only net the salesman a $100-150 commission. Salesmen get paid on gross and there's no gross in new cars anymore.

The salesman is an a-hole though for calling and ripping into the customer for what he put on the survey.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #214
Camaro0420

Drives: 2011 LS Victory Red M6
Everywhere you go there are surveys now. I buy a new vehicle every 2 to 3 years, and the dealer is almost threatening about getting a perfect score. If they are so concerned about getting a perfect score then they need to step up to the plate. Don't give bad service and expect a perfect score, end of discussion. All they are doing by getting all perfects is hurting themselves. If they get honest feedback, then they can make honest changes to work towards the perfect score.
Camaro0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #215
Devil

Drives: Black 2010 SS
Yep...

I'd probably go see him at the dealership. Then give him the option of getting a return ass chewing in front of his coworkers or swallowing 97% of his own teeth. You did them a favor by buying the car and it doesn't matter what you put on the survey. Salesmen do not call customers to badger them, regardless of what his ever-sensitive ego lets him think he can get away with. I'd probably be at the dealership complaining every day unitl the either fire him or get a restraining order. Obviously, he forgot where he belongs in the food chain. Somebody call the honey badger....
Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #216
RADAR

Drives: 2012 2SSRS/M6 SIM
RADAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #217
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Go down to the dealership and get in the salesmans face and ask him to repeat what he told you face to face..... Many people try to act like they're billy bad @$$ while hiding behind a phone or keyboard..... If he still gets lippy, open up a can of whoop @$$ on him.

He will probly end up getting his own chewing out from his boss for creating a sorry @$$ customer service confrontation.... send me the name and info. and i will pass it along to a few GM reps to try and straighten his @$$ out.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #218
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
Go down to the dealership and get in the salesmans face and ask him to repeat what he told you face to face..... Many people try to act like they're billy bad @$$ while hiding behind a phone or keyboard..... If he still gets lippy, open up a can of whoop @$$ on him.

as good as that sounds, that really wouldnt prove much seeing how it would make him look like an ass just like the salesman did.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #219
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:

I have no problem with the idea of going down to the dealership and confronting him. Where you go off track is with the threat of violence. That is just a terrible way to handle this. Instead, tell him, let's go right now to your manager's office and explain it to him.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #220
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I have no problem with the idea of going down to the dealership and confronting him. Where you go off track is with the threat of violence. That is just a terrible way to handle this. Instead, tell him, let's go right now to your manager's office and explain it to him.

THIS! What's he gonna do, jump you in the lobby in front of everybody? Let's see how he starts whistlin' a different tune when you walk in for a face-to-face. In front of his manager. Anyone can be a phone thug, no reason for you to be anything but classy

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #221
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
There are other ways to open up a can of WA without exactly involving violence. Always stand up for your self.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #222
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
There are other ways to open up a can of WA without exactly involving violence. Always stand up for your self.
well ive always considered "opening a can" to be arse kicking time. Dont see how it could be conisdered anything else.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #223
JR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
well ive always considered "opening a can" to be arse kicking time. Dont see how it could be conisdered anything else.

Yup, most of the time it does mean a @rse kicking. But sometimes a @rse kicking can seem like the easier road to go. LOL quick and simple.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #224
JR3

But, all in all... i wish you the best with your situation. Hope you dont have to go through that again.