Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
"what stupid thing has your dealer said lately" previously "dealer doesn't know 1le"

Changing thread to "what stupid thing has your dealer said lately

I had a minor hiccup that related to the drl relay I installed (basically a wire splice) which of course I had checked out at the dealer.

It was a busy Saturday morning for service but sales traffic was light so I started to shoot the shit with the sales guys. There was probably 10 of them there and I hatted with 5 or so and was astonished by how little they new a out the 1LE.

They loved the car, but asked some crazy questions and made some even stranger comments. For example

1 - do those hood badges mean anything? (I have 1le badges on the hood)
2- what is included in the 1le? (Dude, you sell these, maybe you should know your product)
3- 1le only comes with quad exhaust. (Its dual exhaust with 4 tips, and no not all come with npp)
4 - I like the wheels you put on that! (Thanks, but those are stock)
5- all 1le's come with leather (I think this is a common misconception)
6 - "we recently sold one with the ground effects package"...(does this exist?)
7- what year is that (any if us could tell)
8 - aren't they all rs? (Nope)

I was there for 3 hours and left dumber than I arrived. I like that these kind of fly under the radar. But man, you would think a sales man would understand it more just so they could up sell it.

Last edited by Msmall143; 11-29-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Mine spent hours trying to figure out how a "zl1" had a 40k price tag

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
I talked to a sales manager today and he insisted that there was no such thing as a 1LE, and that I actually meant 1LT. I told him a few times that he's wrong, the 1LT is the V6 model, and the 1LE is the SS Performance Package, and he got mad that I was trying to tell him something, so I just let it go. Needless to say, he was unable to find my order. Moron. Complete idiot. Good thing my sales person knows how to find it. I just can't fathom the manager having no idea...
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
Karl Hungus

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
Something to keep in mind about car salesmen, a lot of them could of been a waiter,teacher or a plumber a week ago. When I worked at a dealer we would have all kinds of people coming in trying to make some quick cash selling cars. They would know little to nothing about the cars and trucks on our lot other than how to get the keys and read the window sticker to you. This isn't always the case but I wasn't surprised by the blank stares I got when I asked if they had any 1LE's on the lot.
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Wilsonation

Chevrolet, and all auto makers at that, should host mandatory work shops with their sales people and make them take tests afterwards and if they don't pass with 80% at least then they can't sell their product until they retest with a passing grade. This should be a yearly thing. Each year before the very first, next year model is released.

But no, instead they let people with big $$$$ open up dealerships and hire people who don't know the first thing about cars, to manage people who also have no clue. It's the blind leading the blind. smh.
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Please review this thread. Also, your dealer is a phenomenal idiot.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Wilsonation

Also, why can't GM just let us order directly from them what we want? They could have some sort of verification process to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. A third party Notary could be brought in for officiating the paperwork. It would also save the customers huge $$$$$$ on "dealer fees" and markups.

Even have an online order site, after verification of the order and all the options, they could send a locally contracted Notary to size up the paperwork and just include that in the selling price of the vehicle.

Certainly wouldn't be any trouble delivering the car to your door. I used to work in the freight industry. Or leave the option to pick up at factory.

Idk, I just think whoever were to try this first would sell a helluva lot more cars since people wouldn't have to deal with salesmen, and it would save thousands on each car!
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #8
Wilsonation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
Also, why can't GM just let us order directly from them what we want? They could have some sort of verification process to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. A third party Notary could be brought in for officiating the paperwork. It would also save the customers huge $$$$$$ on "dealer fees" and markups.

Even have an online order site, after verification of the order and all the options, they could send a locally contracted Notary to size up the paperwork and just include that in the selling price of the vehicle.

Certainly wouldn't be any trouble delivering the car to your door. I used to work in the freight industry. Or leave the option to pick up at factory.

Idk, I just think whoever were to try this first would sell a helluva lot more cars since people wouldn't have to deal with salesmen, and it would save thousands on each car!
"The law prohibits GM from selling cars directly. I'm confident that they would love to directly control the way sales reps behave and the quality of service that every mechanic provides. Unfortunately, that's not possible, and GM has to trust local dealers to act on their behalf. " --The_Blur

well, nvm... but why is this law?
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
6. Yes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #10
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Maybe its because there isn't a 1le camaro...its an SS with a performance package.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #11
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
"The law prohibits GM from selling cars directly. I'm confident that they would love to directly control the way sales reps behave and the quality of service that every mechanic provides. Unfortunately, that's not possible, and GM has to trust local dealers to act on their behalf. " --The_Blur

well, nvm... but why is this law?
It has to do with franchise laws that say a manufacture can't sell direct, competing with it's dealers/franchises directly.

Tesla has been sued, and has been winning, lawsuits filed by dealer associations for not franchising. They sell direct using Apple as a model.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/...ership-lawsuit

So many people are so tired of the antiquated dealer system, something needs to change. And if buyers are happy with how Tesla is doing things, things might change.

But legislation would need to be passed and we all know how slow that goes.
DDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #12
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Please review this thread. Also, your dealer is a phenomenal idiot.
I saw that previously, its a good write up and I agree with you. Not sure why you're pointing me there or how it applies to my comments. i wasnt saying gm or chevy. Really a observation, not a complaint. Was just referencing a group of sales guys.

I look at the dealership from 2 perspective which are sales and service. At this one sales doesn't have a clue. I was close to buying a 2012 from them but decided not to because the car had stripes. At the time I wasn't aware these can be removed. I even told the sales person this and they let me walk. I said find me this car without stripes and I'll buy it....never heard back. And all the stuff I posted above was sales

The second point of view is service. This place does a great job and has knowledgable staff and they always thoroughly go over you car. They communicate well and really seem to take car of the cars. They took care of me today and I was the one that spliced the wire.

This is pohanka chevy in northern va. Now Jim McKay cnevrolet down the street, they are horrible at both sales and service, I'll never go there
Old 11-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #13
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Maybe its because there isn't a 1le camaro...its an SS with a performance package.
There are 1le camaro's I own one. Here's a few articles you may want to read. They all reference the car as a camaro 1le not a camaro ss with performance package. I could've found hundreds of these examples. I get the point your trying to make on a technicality, but these cars are referred to as 1le's

http://www.superchevy.com/features/c.../photo_04.html

http://www.bergerchevy.com/blog/2013...camaro-1le.htm

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar133093.html

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...035-47756.html

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11203274...-1le-announced

http://blogs.hotrod.com/2013-chevrol...#axzz2jYdeizjm

Last edited by Msmall143; 11-03-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #14
Wilsonation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Right.. thing is, when I called I literally said to him "Camaro 1SS with the 1LE Performance Package." He was clueless and even argued that the SS by itself is the performance package...

EDIT: Did you even read my post??? "I told him a few times that he's wrong, the 1LT is the V6 model, and the 1LE is the SS Performance Package, and he got mad that I was trying to tell him something"
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!