Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #43
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Well just heard from the adjustor. They wont pay to replace thr quarter. He said if the shop had pushed for it from the get go they would have but since they already paid for thr repair its done.

I asked if it would be different with a geico preffered shop he said they would have no choice but to replace it then because they stand behind the shops work

So now its between me and the shop. FML
OK, then make sure you DO NOT sign off on the repair as being complete. They will be forced to keep the case open and it will still cost them money with an open case.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #44
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmokez View Post
This is another reason , why I quit that trade. Along with so many of my other friends. Just not enough money involved in the repairs. Shop owners and insurance are always butting heads.

Anyways, if you are gonna be that unhappy with the filler work. Then get them to replace it. But, you have to keep in mind. They will CUT it and weld somewhere near the top of the door or rear window. Most likely the sail panel since away from the roof welds. ( or else they gotta replace the front windshield. ) That rear window would need to come out as well, and all the etching and inside of door jams .would be needed to be repainted and proper stickers put on. , trunk would be removed and welded there and painted then put seals back .Even the interior panels need to all be removed for welding.

Thinking about it, lol makes me . So much work for essentially a dent.

On the other hand, Get them to repair the work. And when the Filler work is done and before any primer job is put on. GEt them to call you! So you can inspect it and tell them to go ahead with paint. Then after it gets primed , tell them to block it down straight. Then CHECK again for final paint.
You can't see the imperfections until its painted. The fact is the insurance don't want to admit that in some cases they will just lose money on some repairs. Why do they feel they need to continue to pocket $$ in one repair after they continue to take your $$$$ in premiums years after year? Then when you need them they still try and screw you. I would suggest the OP fight this to the end until satisfied. Tie it up in court because it will cost them more money than you at that point.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #45
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
OK, then make sure you DO NOT sign off on the repair as being complete. They will be forced to keep the case open and it will still cost them money with an open case.
I wish i had the time and money for that. Unfortunately I dont have a 3rd car and my rental is up on the 3rd. Im still waiting to hear from them, Ill probably call them for an update in a few

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #46
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
I wish i had the time and money for that. Unfortunately I dont have a 3rd car and my rental is up on the 3rd. Im still waiting to hear from them, Ill probably call them for an update in a few
I think you can get your car back while the issue is pending. Then have no reason to keep your car while an issue is pending.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #47
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
I think you can get your car back while the issue is pending. Then have no reason to keep your car while an issue is pending.
Yes but Im not sure Geico will cover another rental if it goes back in for repair

Old 10-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #48
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Yes but Im not sure Geico will cover another rental if it goes back in for repair
If the car is still in for repair because it was not done right I think they are obligated to supply another rental if your policy indicates rentals during repairs. I don't think most policies stipulate a time frame on rentals during repairs. Think about it...you paid them many times over in your premiums for repairs. Don't let them rip you off.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #49
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
Geico covered me for what the estimate was on the repair. Once that was up the shop had to pay for the rental. Geico covered about a week and a half. I had the rental for a month. Every time I went I'd point out the flaws and tell they'd agree it wasn't right yet. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow.
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #50
Jeanius

Anyone have before and after pics so I can see whats possible with filler?

Body shop called me and said they blocked it down and it looks 80% better, gonna head there Monday morning to inspect it

Old 10-21-2017, 10:49 AM   #51
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy
Blocked down what? You can't recreate body lines with filler. I mean you can but that's not what filler is for.
Rustydaytons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:53 PM   #52
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydaytons View Post
Blocked down what? You can't recreate body lines with filler. I mean you can but that's not what filler is for.
Above and below the body line on the quarter panel to increase the definition of the line

Old 10-21-2017, 11:55 PM   #53
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Quote:
Above and below the body line on the quarter panel to increase the definition of the line
Is that no recreation of a body line lol have you ever blocked down a quarter panel.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #54
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
No body shop can make it like it never happened.

People sit around and tell others what they "would" do blah blah. No, you couldnt, stop the nonsense. The owner of that body shop wouldnt do it for his own car. Spend $2000 and receive $1000. Not going to happen. Dont spend your time and get frustrated over it. Doesnt worth it.

Something unfortunate happened, get it repaired as good as possible and move on. Same thing happened to my Camry, same damage, same spot. I looked it once over, good enough. Drove it off. Life goes on.

I bet you there is damage underneath you dont even see. If you cant live with it sell the car buy another one. Dont let it stall you.

I am not saying accept crappy work, just dont expect miracles or make unreasonable demands. They are not your servants, they are there to make a living.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #55
Jeanius

Thanks for the post

The problem is I dont know what the capabilities are with filler considering the damage. Maybe my expectations are too high, which is why I am asking for anyone who has before and after pics, so that way I dont accept crappy work.

The panel is not getting replaced, that has already been established, so how sharp of a body line should I expect is the question.

The adjustor said he was shocked I was having an issue with their work, he has never heard of any complaints on this shops work, eventhough theyre not a “preferred” shop He has had a lot of cars repaired there. They do a lot of high end cars, Telsa/Benz/Porsche even Rolls Royce. So maybe the body line is the best it can be? Maybe I am being too picky? I dont know, thats what I am trying to get help with asking for pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
No body shop can make it like it never happened.

People sit around and tell others what they "would" do blah blah. No, you couldnt, stop the nonsense. The owner of that body shop wouldnt do it for his own car. Spend $2000 and receive $1000. Not going to happen. Dont spend your time and get frustrated over it. Doesnt worth it.

Something unfortunate happened, get it repaired as good as possible and move on. Same thing happened to my Camry, same damage, same spot. I looked it once over, good enough. Drove it off. Life goes on.

I bet you there is damage underneath you dont even see. If you cant live with it sell the car buy another one. Dont let it stall you.

I am not saying accept crappy work, just dont expect miracles or make unreasonable demands. They are not your servants, they are there to make a living.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #56
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks for the post

The problem is I dont know what the capabilities are with filler considering the damage. Maybe my expectations are too high, which is why I am asking for anyone who has before and after pics, so that way I dont accept crappy work.

The panel is not getting replaced, that has already been established, so how sharp of a body line should I expect is the question.

The adjustor said he was shocked I was having an issue with their work, he has never heard of any complaints on this shops work, eventhough theyre not a “preferred” shop He has had a lot of cars repaired there. They do a lot of high end cars, Telsa/Benz/Porsche even Rolls Royce. So maybe the body line is the best it can be? Maybe I am being too picky? I dont know, thats what I am trying to get help with asking for pics
I don't paint cars for a living but I have. And I'll be honest. On the post with pictures I thought to myself this guy is picky. I understand because I'm picky too. I've got into shouting match at dealership because I could tell the car was previously damaged but they swore up and down by their little Carfax report which don't mean. Jack squat. You are not going to be satisfied with this repair so as suggested earlier, sell the car and get another