Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
skulka222

Drives: 2012 M6 Victory Red Camaro ZL1
CEL appears with P0442 and P0300

A wild check engine light appears!

So a little background I have a 2014 1LT with twin turbos no cats 22k miles,and check engine decides to show itself.

P0300 - Random Misfire Detected....There is a small leak on the passenger side turbo that is causing the misfires, I had that taken care of the other day so once I clear the codes with my scanner hopefully it will go away.

P0442 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (small leak)....Not sure how this came to on, but it set off the check engine light, yes I did tighten my gas cap and yes I did send a clear code to my computer and hopefully within a few hundred miles it will turn off.

I'm not worried about the misfire code, but the P0442 leak I am a little skeptical about, if in the event that the code doesn't clear within a few hundred miles what should I do next? Will the dealership cover this under warranty or deny me because of the modifications? If the leak is small can I still drive with it for a period of time without it becoming a detrimental issue to my car?

Thanks guys
skulka222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulka222 View Post
A wild check engine light appears!

So a little background I have a 2014 1LT with twin turbos no cats 22k miles,and check engine decides to show itself.

P0300 - Random Misfire Detected....There is a small leak on the passenger side turbo that is causing the misfires, I had that taken care of the other day so once I clear the codes with my scanner hopefully it will go away.

P0442 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (small leak)....Not sure how this came to on, but it set off the check engine light, yes I did tighten my gas cap and yes I did send a clear code to my computer and hopefully within a few hundred miles it will turn off.

I'm not worried about the misfire code, but the P0442 leak I am a little skeptical about, if in the event that the code doesn't clear within a few hundred miles what should I do next? Will the dealership cover this under warranty or deny me because of the modifications? If the leak is small can I still drive with it for a period of time without it becoming a detrimental issue to my car?

Thanks guys
Ever figure this one out?

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
Troublemaker69

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
P0442 could be a loose gas cap. Just undoing it and re-inserting it could work. The code should clear itself after several run cycles.
Troublemaker69 is offline   Reply With Quote