Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #1079
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfuzz View Post
Congrats D on the little one

We hope you guys get to join in on the road trip. Just let me know if you need me to call ol'Red to cover your stand by shift
Good idea, and thanks

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #1080
TNBADSS

Drives: 12 Camaro SS
Where's the starting point at for the cruise down? In the Knoxville area? Are you thinking about taking the interstate or mountains? I haven't had the Camaro in any serious twisties yet, but I've been running the Dragon, 28 and the BRP with the GTO group twice a year for several years now.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #1081
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBADSS View Post
Where's the starting point at for the cruise down? In the Knoxville area? Are you thinking about taking the interstate or mountains? I haven't had the Camaro in any serious twisties yet, but I've been running the Dragon, 28 and the BRP with the GTO group twice a year for several years now.
Still waiting on the schedule. We do not know when the track lap is. I am sure we we go early enough to get in some Friday action. We will probable avoid the interstate. I think Bertha has a good route for us. I am just going to get in line and hold on!
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #1082
TNBADSS

Drives: 12 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
Still waiting on the schedule. We do not know when the track lap is. I am sure we we go early enough to get in some Friday action. We will probable avoid the interstate. I think Bertha has a good route for us. I am just going to get in line and hold on!
Sounds good. I'm trying to work this out so I can go. I'm in the Tri-Cities area, so I would have to drive down and meet up with the group.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #1083
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
Route includes I-75 to Sweetwater and picking up Hwy 68 to McCaysville GA, which then becomes Hwy 60. Following that road to just south of Dahlonega and then hit Hwy 19 to Cumming, and finally taking Hwy 20 to Buford, where some of us are staying. Takes about 3 1/2 hours (on motorcycles) and is a really fun trip.

Has everyone planning to go made their hotel reservations yet?
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #1084
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha II View Post
Route includes I-75 to Sweetwater and picking up Hwy 68 to McCaysville GA, which then becomes Hwy 60. Following that road to just south of Dahlonega and then hit Hwy 19 to Cumming, and finally taking Hwy 20 to Buford, where some of us are staying. Takes about 3 1/2 hours (on motorcycles) and is a really fun trip.

Has everyone planning to go made their hotel reservations yet?
Have you taken the Hwy 20 route from Cumming to Mall of Georgia? It kind of depends on when you go, but usually it's awful. It's 2 lane part of the way and can be agonizing. There are a couple of other routes you can take and go across to I-985 and south. Let me know if you'd like some info on other routes!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #1085
Bertha II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Have you taken the Hwy 20 route from Cumming to Mall of Georgia? It kind of depends on when you go, but usually it's awful. It's 2 lane part of the way and can be agonizing. There are a couple of other routes you can take and go across to I-985 and south. Let me know if you'd like some info on other routes!
Yep, been on the road several times but maybe not during rush hour. Hwy 20 takes us right to the hotel some of us are staying at, thus we were planning on that route. If you have a better road to take let me know.
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #1086
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Yep, been on the road several times but maybe not during rush hour. Hwy 20 takes us right to the hotel some of us are staying at, thus we were planning on that route. If you have a better road to take let me know.
If you're taking 60, you'd just continue on 60 South to Gainesville and Hwy 129 and then go south on I-985 to Hwy 20. Will still be busy on 20, but it will be 4 lane divided there. Hwy 60 is a fun drive too!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #1087
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I will be driving our car to pigeon forge this Saturday. I just installed a MRT V2 axel back exhaust last week, if you are interested in hearing it just let me know, maybe we can meet up.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #1088
Bertha II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
If you're taking 60, you'd just continue on 60 South to Gainesville and Hwy 129 and then go south on I-985 to Hwy 20. Will still be busy on 20, but it will be 4 lane divided there. Hwy 60 is a fun drive too!
We used to stay in Gainesville before we started to stay in Buford, so I am familiar with that route. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #1089
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
We used to stay in Gainesville before we started to stay in Buford, so I am familiar with that route. Thanks for the info!
Awesome! We look forward to meeting you all!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #1090
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I'll be meeting my son at the Mountian motorsports just off I-40 at the Sevierville exit at 10 AM tomorrow morning.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #1091
the_breeze

Going to Clinton Hwy. cruise in at 4:30 if anybody is interested.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #1092
the_breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I'll be meeting my son at the Mountian motorsports just off I-40 at the Sevierville exit at 10 AM tomorrow morning.
I was planning to meet you but something came up. I will be at the Clinton Hwy cruise in if you are in the area.