Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
KK2010SS
Budafinger

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Question Order pulled today but is it okay??? Advice please

Hey everyone! This should be a great day for me but I am very nervous. The dealer called today and said my order was accepted by GM. I had one other car in front of me, but it was a CGM. However my dealer said he could not just move my order up because the system wouldn't let him, so he just changed the order ahead of me to reflect my car. (He said it was his wife's car) Problem is now my order number changed and the name on the order is not mine. The good news is my car is finally accepted, the bad news is its not my orginial order. Is this okay?? What should I do? Is my dealer an idiot or will this work out fine?? Anyone else have a similar situation?

Thanks everyone for a great forum! Please help!
2019 ZL1 Riverside Blue Metallic VIN #041
KK2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
My order was like yours. Another person ordered it back last Nov. Guy canceled last month and dealer put my info in on the car. Changed specs to my desire. My dealer called yesterday to state that my order two was pulled and I should get it within 8 weeks. Again can this be a issue? I have put money down.
________
lambo wiki

Last edited by lawdogg149; 01-20-2011 at 07:56 AM.
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
From what I've heard here, if the name on the order doesn't match the name on the delivery that GM has balked in the past at honoring pre-order prices. It's on one of the threads here but I don't remember which one. Try searching price protection.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
If I read these posts correctly both of these cars are being ordered under other peoples names. If so, you are both at the complete mercy of the dealers. The outcome of this is totally dependent on the honesty of your dealer. That being said it is risky. You have not a shred of proof of claim to the purchase. If it were me I would seek out another dealer without cancelling the order (the dealer won't care if you do - he can easily sell it) and reorder hoping for only a reasonable wait on the new order. Hunt around before cancelling and if you can find a better deal (same time frame or better) go for it. Risky deal going on right now. Camaro Scotty is selling a 2SS/RS VR auto in Wisc. He forecasts a late may early june delivery. If you like red seek him out in this forum. He will take care of you.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
It does seem fishy ... I wouldn't think they would need to do that .. maybe CamaroScotty or some other dealer member can chime in ..

Crowley
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 AM   #6
newtj3

Drives: 2010 ABM 2ss RS\SS 6 SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2010SS View Post
Hey everyone! This should be a great day for me but I am very nervous. The dealer called today and said my order was accepted by GM. I had one other car in front of me, but it was a CGM. However my dealer said he could not just move my order up because the system wouldn't let him, so he just changed the order ahead of me to reflect my car. (He said it was his wife's car) Problem is now my order number changed and the name on the order is not mine. The good news is my car is finally accepted, the bad news is its not my orginial order. Is this okay?? What should I do? Is my dealer an idiot or will this work out fine?? Anyone else have a similar situation?

good luck you will be ok
newtj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
Mac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
It does seem fishy ... I wouldn't think they would need to do that .. maybe CamaroScotty or some other dealer member can chime in ..

Crowley
Post three , if I recall correctly, is right. It has been noted on other threads that dealers are screwing people out of their orders by using ficticious or real life names. Again, seek out another dealer to cover yourself.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #8
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
I thought all the dealer had to do to change up the sequence of the pre-orders was to change the priority number on each pre-order. Does that make sense? As long as there are no constraints, the pre-order with the lowest priority (1) would get pulled next. They can change this on the fly without having to totally re-do anything. This is an easy way of shuffling the pre-orders due to contraints and so forth enabling the dealer to still submit an order for that period. Of course, I'm not a dealer so I'm not 100% certain. Any dealer-members out there want to chime in for clarification?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
Mac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
I thought all the dealer had to do to change up the sequence of the pre-orders was to change the priority number on each pre-order. Does that make sense? As long as there are no constraints, the pre-order with the lowest priority (1) would get pulled next. They can change this on the fly without having to totally re-do anything. This is an easy way of shuffling the pre-orders due to contraints and so forth enabling the dealer to still submit an order for that period. Of course, I'm not a dealer so I'm not 100% certain. Any dealer-members out there want to chime in for clarification?
You're right.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
Camaro007

Drives: 2SS/RS Black
Quote:

Your dealer is an idiot.... I order a CGM and my order was up last week and I put it on hold till this week. All he did was put the order behind me in my spot and put mine next in line. He should be able to do the same with your order? I would double check with Scotty on this. Send him a PM. I personnaly want what I ordered and not someone else order.
Camaro007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #11
pizza_jim

Drives: 1988 K5 Blazer
Thumbs up

Quote:

First thing I would do is get a copy of the workbench order and MAKE sure your order is still the way you want it. Also that will give you the new order number....
Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Got the workbench order all info is like I ordered it. I hope this is not a total ..... up.
________
vaporizer reviews

Last edited by lawdogg149; 01-20-2011 at 07:56 AM.
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #13
KK2010SS
Budafinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post

I think the problem my dealer has, is everyone is set at priority 1. When he pulled up the order screen last night, it looked like they were all at priority 1. From these posts, it sounds like he could have just changed my priority number and moved it ahead of the CGM car. Now that it is at 2000, there is not much the dealer can do to correct it right? The good news is the car is exactly the way I ordered it.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
KK2010SS
Budafinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_jim View Post
First thing I would do is get a copy of the workbench order and MAKE sure your order is still the way you want it. Also that will give you the new order number....
I did get a print out of the new order workbench, so I have the new order number. The car is exactly how I want it, the only major concern is the workbench has her name and information on it instead of mine. How frustrating…..