Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
lol great post brantley reminds me of when an idiot side swiped my hummer with his mirror and a friend wanted to pounce on him i said no lets have cops and insurance deal with it (this guy fled the scene and i chased him down which is when my buddy wanted to go play "nice" with the guy)...so the cop shows up and says well the deductible will be more than this lil dent is worth "you shoul of beat his ass"...... i was left standing there telling the cop i cant believe it, i managed to keep my cool and try and be responsible rather than what me and a friend wanted to do and i could of beaten ass and gotten away with it!!! i hope that situation doesn't happen to me again but if it does i guess i don't know which route i'll be going. also the guy who hit n ran had no license or insurance and on probation with a rifle in his car... was a little funny to watch him taking apparently illegal posessions and a rifle out of his car before the cops came ( i chased him to his house and waited for police)
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
bill2129
Account Suspended

Drives: 2085 Trans AM COBRA
I'm sure he don't fear you. People don't fight with their hands anymore. People just shoot people. No matter how big you are you wont stop a bullet. That's why I try to control my road rage and try not to get out of my car. Id just get shot
bill2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I know how you feel, I was in an accident this past Saturday. Found out car will be in shop for at least 26 days. Drivers side rocker panel destroyed, rear fender needs replacing and front panel fixed. I wasn't hurt (physically) but I'm so upset.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
SirMike
Inland Empire Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, 2015 Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Sorry SSOOCH, I love ya man, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. Driving without insurance is not an accident!!!! He needs hisass-kicked and then his license taken away.........period.

Sorry OP. That really sucks. And your car is only 3 months old. Don't blame you for getting

I agree with blazzin1. Everyone is required to have insurance if they choose to operate a vehicle on public roads.

OP, I got hit by someone without insurance a while back and although I did have to initially pay the $500 deductable, because I have "uninsured motorist" coverage it was reimbursed to me. Hope this is the case for you as well. Good luck and glad you are OK. Hope you get your CAMARO back very soon.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I hope you called the cops?? Sorry about your car but could have been worse :(
Old 02-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMike View Post
Sorry OP. That really sucks. And your car is only 3 months old. Don't blame you for getting

I agree with blazzin1. Everyone is required to have insurance if they choose to operate a vehicle on public roads.

OP, I got hit by someone without insurance a while back and although I did have to initially pay the $500 deductable, because I have "uninsured motorist" coverage it was reimbursed to me. Hope this is the case for you as well. Good luck and glad you are OK. Hope you get your CAMARO back very soon.
Been there too, you'll net out ok.....
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
well bill you are obviously easily scared.... also i'm gonna bet the guy is now more scared of the OP than you are of "being shot from road rage"... sorry that just made me laugh. without insurance i would of made him fear me so much he'd have pictures of me to tell stories to his kids and grandkids and to forever stay away.

that's just me, as brantley said there's more involved. and the guy driving without insurance isn't an accident
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #22
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Too bad man.. sorry to hear that.
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #23
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Perhaps you can file a Civil Lawsuit
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
562TROJAN
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS
That just sucks!!! Sory about your car.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #25
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
File at small claims court, make sure you get all of his info. And if he doesn't show grab acouple of friends and have an ol' school handicapped match. On a serious note I hope everything works out.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #26
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by black. View Post
File at small claims court, make sure you get all of his info. And if he doesn't show grab acouple of friends and have an ol' school handicapped match. On a serious note I hope everything works out.
only thing with small claims court is some people don't care if they get a their credit report dinged since there is no such thing as a debtor jail...if the person doesn't have insurance because they aren't a legal citizen your pretty much screwed

I wouldn't advise you to attack or hurt the guy because well then you could get sued and lose even more money

did the guy stick around for the cops or did he want to exchange information and "promise" to pay it straight up without getting insurance involved

some people are willing to do that but you won't have any way to protect yourself from such an arrangement without a police report...always get one and then see if the at fault party wants to pay without getting insurance involved...but if they don't have any they will get in trouble with the cops

let us know how it all transpired
Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #27

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Insurance, or no insurance...they're still called "accidents", not "on purposes".
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #28
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Insurance, or no insurance...they're still called "accidents", not "on purposes".
which is why its kind of assinine to threaten somebody over it or to imply that you want to be violent...

Just because your that big doesn't mean somebody with Bruce Lee's build and special forces training couldn't take you down if necessary...but i doubt somebody like that is driving with no insurance lol