Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #57
Medi0cr3
Untamed Performance EPT

Drives: 2011 2SS
The fuel milage could be a lot of different things. Potentially a vacuum leak or exhaust leak. How ever I'd want to see Long Term Fuel Trims and Short Term Fuel Trims to even guess. The dealership should look at why your gas mileage is so low. My 2011 SS (stock) was getting 19mpg city and 26 highway.

The clutch pedal could be related to their TSB and it could be related to the fact that the hydraulic system needs bleeding. The stock clutch its self is very less than optimum. I had done a few 1/4 mile passes and went to a car show and was reving the engine and had the pedal stick to the floor.

Sorry to see that your car got hit. Hope all ends well.
Hurst Short-Shifter; Ideal Garage Master Cylinder
H-E Street Slayer Twin Billet Clutch
BMR: Adjustable; Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Extreme Sway Bar. BMR Subframe Bushings.
Strange Rear Coilovers and mounts
Tuned by Rhino79

Medi0cr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #58
roderick2411

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
Thank you. Oddly enough check engine light came on and stayed on but went back off in a day. I filled up with premium and made sure gas cap on because I recall in the past my Chevys like the premium, and hasn't been back on. I figured maybe we didn't put the gas lid on good or something. I am sure they can pull code when I take to dealer but has to be emissions related so maybe exhaust leak (may be great reason to upgrade exhaust). I am definitely going to check in to mpg and clutch issues. It did it again this morning. Only seems like issue when it is cooler outside, and so far allows me to pull back up. I really love the body style of the SS, and am tickled to have it finally. Waited a few years had to pay off truck before could buy another vehicle, and that ZL1 was so terribly tempting sitting on the lot. Thanks so much for your insight.
roderick2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #59
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sounds like you clutch isn't bled properly. Was there any prior clutch work done before you got the car? Your dealer can look it up since Chevy tracks all vehicle service done at a dealership. Either way force them to bleed your clutch.

The new pedal assembly is merely a bandaid. It worked great for me for a while but the same problems came back. I went with an IdealG modified master cylinder and never had a problem since. If you can't get a solid pedal after the dealer looks into it then get one. It won't void your warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy "LS3"

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #60
roderick2411

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
Thank you I have been driving car daily this week and it has been an every morning occurance but I am able to pull the pedal back up. Plan on taking to dealr to look at in next week
roderick2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #61
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderick2411 View Post
Thank you. Oddly enough check engine light came on and stayed on but went back off in a day. I filled up with premium and made sure gas cap on because I recall in the past my Chevys like the premium, and hasn't been back on. I figured maybe we didn't put the gas lid on good or something. I am sure they can pull code when I take to dealer but has to be emissions related so maybe exhaust leak (may be great reason to upgrade exhaust). I am definitely going to check in to mpg and clutch issues. It did it again this morning. Only seems like issue when it is cooler outside, and so far allows me to pull back up. I really love the body style of the SS, and am tickled to have it finally. Waited a few years had to pay off truck before could buy another vehicle, and that ZL1 was so terribly tempting sitting on the lot. Thanks so much for your insight.
Your check engine light might be from a bad evap solenoid. If you overfilled your tank you can flood the solenoid causing it to fail. The result is a check engine light and poor mileage or responsiveness. I'd have your dealer look into that too.
Also an SS requires premium gas. If any lesser octane was used in the car the computer will see it and limit performance to protect the engine. It takes several starting cycles to clear it up or you can do a fuse pull to reset it (do a search to find out more).

Sent from my Galaxy "LS3"

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #62
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by roderick2411 View Post
Hey I just came across this post and I am hoping some of you that had the new pedal assembly could advise on how that went. I just purchased my 2012 Camaro SS Convertible in last two weeks, on 3rd day (it was colder day then it had been) I cranked car to let it warm up went back in 5-10mins and my clutch was almost to the floor and wouldnt go in to reverse, car acted like it wanted to go into reverse, my rear view cam came on and all and would go into every other gear. My husband came out and played with it and finally got into gear. He said maybe it would warm up and I drove to work with pedal about 1/2 way down no grinding but some resistance going in to gear. I saw all these posts when I looked it up online but of course none of the four dealers I called were aware of issue (BS). I was going to take in to dealer to have them look at but that same evening someone hit us while at a stop light and I havent even driven car out of disgust until this week. Now the past two mornings same issue. It is colder now, and this only happens when I first crank car. I can pull the pedal up with my hand or foot. I am just worried at some point this wont work. I thought about aftermarket if that solves the problem, but dealer advised me against that for warranty issues ???? I am a little disgusted all the way around. I have wanted this car since 2011 Convertibles came back out had old 97 SS convertible I loved, but clearly did not do my homework while I was checking out these cars for this past two years at the dealer. I was unaware I would get such crappy mpg (My 4WD Tundra gets almost as good mpg) and I was unaware that these cars had no spare tire and fog lights that may as well be part of an appearance package. That just seems silly to me. We had 2012 Mustang GT w/ 6 spd that got 22mpg avg I am avg around 15-16mpg on this SS. Not huge ordeal but I would be happy with 20mpg. Anyhow, any insight on clutch issues and how to handle. Looks like I will be taking my car in for front bumper fix anyhow may as well have everything looked at.
Here is a post i made a few months ago.
"Here is something you might want to look into. I had my clutch stay day down on a 3-4 shift at the track. On cold days it would take a few minutes for it to always come back to the top. Took it to Burdick and Chris Hayes found "SI document 2773955" that stated my problem exactly. Under the warranty they replaced the clutch pedal assembly and clutch actuator cylinder hose and everything is perfect again. I ran 8 laps at Watkins Glen last Sunday with lots of shifting and no problems at all. It is possible that this could also be your problem."
Since then I have had no problems with the clutch and yesterday was a below zero day.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #63
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
I just got the new clutch peddle assy in my 2012 SS and it's awesome. Much smoother shifting and MUCH better feel.

BTW: Mine also dropped half way down. They replaced the cylinder and the assy. Now it's better than new.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #64
crd2daniel

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS LS3
I have the same problem, clutch sticking first thing in the morning, then fine all day. Is this covered under the 5 year 100,000 powertrain warranty, or just the 3 yr 36000 mile warranty. Mine is over 3 years old.
crd2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #65
big hundy

Drives: camaro
clutch pedal does not return on 2012 v6

my clutch worked fine but pedal did not fully return. I took it to dealer and pointed out a service bulletin. they wanted about $600 to replace pedal assembly since it was out of warranty. I passed.
I went out to drive home and the problem was fixed as good as new. I suspect the mechanic found a loose bolt or something simple and fixed it and kept quiet.
big hundy is offline   Reply With Quote