Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 01-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #113
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Uhhh 7 months and counting..

Still haven't purchased an intake yet so I am waiting to see if this will be worth it

Why are you against buying the Roto-Fab unit? I did not have time to wait I wanted a CAI on my car now! The hype is not hype. No tune, it's on and I'm enjoying the car. Stop torturing yourself!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #114
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp ZL1 View Post
Why are you against buying the Roto-Fab unit? I did not have time to wait I wanted a CAI on my car now! The hype is not hype. No tune, it's on and I'm enjoying the car. Stop torturing yourself!

Bought my car in Sept. I gave them 4 months. Not even a single picture or any details. My car now has another brand CAI on it as of last weekend. Done and enjoying it.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #115
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post

Bought my car in Sept. I gave them 4 months. Not even a single picture or any details. My car now has another brand CAI on it as of last weekend. Done and enjoying it.
It's not that I'm waiting for this one in particular. I just waiting for spring time to buy one
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #116
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Mods, close this thread!
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #117
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
Mods, close this thread!
+1

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #118
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Why close it?
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #119
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
As I mentioned before, we apologize for the long wait as we did not expect development & testing to take this long, however multiple design changes have added some significant time to the project. We will not be finished with design and release product details until we are 100% satisfied with what we are bringing to the table. That being said, in the future we will not be releasing any estimated dates of availibility until design is completed, we learned our lesson here.

For those of you still waiting, I hope to have some more information for you soon, as things are still moving in a forward motion (even if it is slower than we had hoped).

For those of you who have moved on to another brand or is no longer interested in our ZL1 CAI, we would appreciate it if you would leave this thread and comments for those who are still interested as we do know there are many who are. We have already acknowledged the fact that we should have waited on offering estimated completion dates, apologized for it, and learned from it for future releases. That being said, I would like this thread to still serve useful for those willing to wait as we make finalizations.

For anyone interested in our ZL1 CAI, the official form to be contacted once product details and a pre-order is available can be found here: http://www.coldairinductions.com/con...ehicles-needed

Thank you all for your cooperation, patience, and understanding. And thank you to those who are patiently waiting, I do get your PM'S and Emails and your continued support is much apprecated!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #120
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Form submitted.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #121
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
As I mentioned before, we apologize for the long wait as we did not expect development & testing to take this long, however multiple design changes have added some significant time to the project. We will not be finished with design and release product details until we are 100% satisfied with what we are bringing to the table. That being said, in the future we will not be releasing any estimated dates of availibility until design is completed, we learned our lesson here.

For those of you still waiting, I hope to have some more information for you soon, as things are still moving in a forward motion (even if it is slower than we had hoped).

For those of you who have moved on to another brand or is no longer interested in our ZL1 CAI, we would appreciate it if you would leave this thread and comments for those who are still interested as we do know there are many who are. We have already acknowledged the fact that we should have waited on offering estimated completion dates, apologized for it, and learned from it for future releases. That being said, I would like this thread to still serve useful for those willing to wait as we make finalizations.

For anyone interested in our ZL1 CAI, the official form to be contacted once product details and a pre-order is available can be found here: http://www.coldairinductions.com/con...ehicles-needed

Thank you all for your cooperation, patience, and understanding. And thank you to those who are patiently waiting, I do get your PM'S and Emails and your continued support is much apprecated!
I think we are just a bit confused why it's taking this long that's all.
I had a CAI on my 2011 SS Vert and I loved it. had it installed by BeckyD right around the corner from me.
Nice and local, and having the same dealer install it that I take the car to for all it's work is great since I shouldn't have to worry about the warranty being denied cause I have a mod.

If you had one for my new ZL1 vert, I'd jump on it and have BeckyD install that one as well. The car is put away for the winter, so I'm hoping by the time spring arrives, you'll have your new product ready, and I hope it'll be something far better than the competition to help make the waiting worth while.

On the other hand, there's probably several people that would choose your product over any others if it were available, but they are only willing to wait so long. They may have patience, but I'm sure there is a limit to just how much.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #122
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
On the other hand, there's probably several people that would choose your product over any others if it were available, but they are only willing to wait so long. They may have patience, but I'm sure there is a limit to just how much.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #123
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
I suggest we stop all the speculation and bashing of CAI. For those who can't wait any longer, stop waiting. Go ahead and buy another product. There is nothing to be gained by continuing to grind on this. It will take as long as it will take for CAI to finalize the design. They have made no specific commitment in terms of exactly when it will be ready for market but sounds like a matter of weeks or a maybe few more months. Just saying...
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #124
13 ZL1

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
Form submitted.

+1
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #125
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Any updates Sales@CAI? Haven't heard anything since 2/1, hope you didn't break Becky's car...
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #126
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Wow tough thread, I will wait, have lots of other things to get done as well. Sure not gonna rip for nothing.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai inc zl1