Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Question What kinda' gags have YOU pulled on unsuspecting folks?

Practical jokes are great when the person upon whom they are played enjoys the humor as much as the joker. Sometimes, that ain't the result; still, we keep on tryin', don't we? And what goes around also comes around...

In this thread, we want everyone to EXPLAIN how the joke was done so that we can all relish the full flavor of the gag and learn how to repeat it, if we should so choose. If your adventurous, and stand-up you, might tell us of the reactions and/or retaliations that the joke provoked. Remember, enquiring minds wanna' know.

I'll start. When I was a kid, like many boys, dogs often followed me home. This day, a huge mastiff tagged along. I knew my mother (who was a real pill) was home alone at that time, and I could hear her fiddling around upstairs as she always did while she was dressing to go out with her friends and get away from us kids.:(

I quietly opened the front door and managed to push that beast inta' the house. Once in, I closed the door so he couldn't follow me away. Of course, being a curious creature he eventually found his way upstairs. Holy shit! What a scream she let out. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe; hell, it's still hella funny today.

I stayed away until after dark as usual to no avail. I took a lickin' for that prank (as I knew I would), but it was hella worth it!

Last edited by Ivas; 11-09-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
Working at a car stereo store I have done some auto related ones.

A salesman started with the company and bragged about the alarm on his car repeatedly.

So...

While in the employee parking area we disarmed his system ( I won't tell how to do that for any theives out there) and wired a controller to his drivers seat that would move the power seat all the way forward every time he got out, closed the door and armed his alarm. (so every time he came back to his car, the seat was forward) We then rearmed his alarm and went back to work.

It took him about two hilarious weeks to figure it out

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
A guy at work rigged up a small circuit board to make a beep noise at random intervals,powered by a nine volt battery.We hid the device in a co-workers office.Within a few days the coworker was noticed cleaning his office.He was trying to find out where the beep noise was coming from.Every one else was in on the gag,so when he asked "did you hear that beep?" we would deny hearing anything.The device would make a very soft beep at random intervals between 1 and 30 minutes.
We let him off the hook after watching him pull what was left of his hair out trying to figure out what was beeping.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
we put a ghost chili in some soup at a family reunion once
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
we put a ghost chili in some soup at a family reunion once
lmao
Old 11-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
My Dad had a guy on the job site that took extra long breaks in the porta potty.. So after several repeats of the long breaks the porta potty tip over and the bucket of the excavator was placed on door for about 10 min... Funny the guy never came back after he was let out..
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
My Dad had a guy on the job site that took extra long breaks in the porta potty.. So after several repeats of the long breaks the porta potty tip over and the bucket of the excavator was placed on door for about 10 min... Funny the guy never came back after he was let out..

we parked a dump truck up against the door once..... another time we picked one up with a forklift and set it up really high, door right on the edge so there was no way to get out
Old 11-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
we parked a dump truck up against the door once..... another time we picked one up with a forklift and set it up really high, door right on the edge so there was no way to get out
Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
This one doesnt have a punch line so you'll have let your imagination take over....
One day at work the fleet maintenance guy was working on the owners-sons BMW. He left it there for the day. So I found a rubber snake and some fishing string. I tied it to the bottom of the trunk lid so went you open it, the snake jump out at you. I didn't get to witness him opening the trunk....but I'm sure it scared the crap out of him.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I cut open a christmas card that had a little jingle player when you opened it... Cut the card open, took the little player out and slid it down in between the door skin and window of the assistant fire chiefs car... For about two or three months he thought he was hearing things... Took it to the city garage and they found it, finally... Oh damn did we pay for that one... I can't tell you how many thousands of feet of hose we laid out in the street only to pick it back up... over a several week period...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #11
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
About 20 years ago, I was working for a clothing company in Seattle. I started in accounting but I'm a fast typist (80wpm on a manual Underwood, 120wpm at my peak on an IBM Selectric - only 60-70wpm these days). The Word Processing position paid more because you had to know how to use a computer. My desk was right by the elevator, near a conference room. There was another guy there named Bryce. He was the office joker...literally sang "The Joker" by Steve Miller all the time.

One day while at his desk, I noticed he had a Mr. Potato Head on his desk. An idea begain to form...

I made up several notes of cut up newspaper and magazine letters at home, and brought them to work.

I left one saying "Leave ransom of $1,000,000 in Conference Room by 3:00pm, or the Potato will fry!", brought it to work and proceeded to kidnap Mr. Potato Head. I left the note with an ear taped to it.

Just before noon, he goes into the conference room and leaves a note. I wait a short period of time, and quickly grab the note and go on a break at noon for lunch. His note says, "I can't afford $1,000,000. Please return him!"

At about 1:30, I left another note on his desk while he was on a smoke break. "Here's an ear to show I'm serious", with one ear taped to the note.

Not too long after, he comes to my desk and asks me if I saw anyone in the conference room. I say, "Just you, earlier". He mutters a "Damn!", and goes back to his desk.

About 2:45, he drops off another note in the conference room. He comes out and asks me keep an eye out on the conference room. I try to look puzzled and nod assent, and he goes back to his desk. Again, I wait a few minutes to make sure hte coast is clear...and go pick up the note and read it at my desk.

It wasn't a note, but hand drawn currency from the United Spud of America. It said it was worth $1,000,000, but I didn't buy what the Rock was cooking. 3:00 rolls around, and Bryce comes back, sees the SpudBukz is gone and asks if I saw who picked it up. I tell him that our boss had asked me to get something from him at his desk, so I didn't see anything. He curses and walks away.

On his next smoke break, I place a bowl with potato chips and Mr. Potato Head Parts on his desk.

Everyone had a good laugh
Old 11-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Two occasions come to mind.

The first when I was a teenager. My sister decided to make some hot tea. Luckily for me, she was trying out a new "flavor" of tea. Brand new from the box. So, she heated up the water, threw the tea bags in and let it sit on the counter to steep. She went off to her room or something. I took the opportunity to dump about half the Morton salt container into it and slosh the tea around to get it all to dissolve.

Fast forward a few minutes I am sitting in the living room, waiting. The living room was right next to the kitchen and I could see what was going on in there. The trick was to act as if I cared not of what was going on. She comes strolling by, goes into the kitchen, I hear her grab a mug, pours some tea in it..I wait for the sip glancing back and forth.. I hear "erghhhhh" and a spit sound as I see her at the sink.

She comes into the living room, looks at me and goes "DID YOU DO THIS!?" Of course, I'm 'innocent' and I reply with: "What are you on about?" with the best innocent and dumbfounded acting face possible. She ponders my face and tone for a moment and then goes "Okay" and walks off. Later that evening I heard her telling my mother how horrible the new type of tea is. My mom stared at me, I just smiled sheepishly and she started laughing. She knew. To this day my sister doesn't know I did it..not like it's that big of a deal but I believe she avoids earl grey tea, still.

Another time is when I was invited to some concert performance for one of my cousins. I and one of my uncles arrive at the same time. Now, I parked in a place that was a bit far out (pre-Camaro even) because the closest open spots were under this BIG tree and there were already dead limbs everywhere in the spots. I wasn't taking the chance. My uncle saw what I did and followed suit in his Charger SRT8 (brand new at the time). We get out and laugh about the fools that will park in those spots with limbs. Another aunt and uncle show up...guess where he parks ? Yep, in one of the spots with all the limbs under the tree.

We all go into the concert and all that. As the concert is ending I turn to the uncle that arrived the same time I did and I go "remember all those limbs and branches and how (the other uncle) parked right in the center of it all?" He of course said: "yes". So I go: "Let's make a dash out there for a few minutes, collect the smaller branches and put them on his car." and that's what we did. We went out and collected all the smaller branches and littered the top of the car with them and put a sizable limb on the windshield, all gently of course, as to not scratch his car.

We go back in, meet up with everyone, blah blah, fast forward to everyone going out to their cars. The uncle who parked under the tree walks out..noticed all the limbs..walks around his car 5 times with a look of horror, not wanting to touch anything before myself and my other uncle couldn't hold it any longer and just started laughing, hard. The uncle we did this to is a known prankster, so he wasn't mad or anything, he actually got a big grin on his face once he realized we had done it to him. We ribbed him a little for choosing that spot and removed all the branches and limbs for him.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

I poured salt in a kid's slushy at lunch in middle school
Old 11-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #14
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
I gave some people here in the forum a virus so that when you goto google it sends them to a fake google site. And the virus is real hard to get ride of, it just keeps coming back.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote