Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #43
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Why does nothing pop up for me on the link?
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #44
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
why are camaros 100k in australia? i coud buy 2, ship them down, and make 2-3x my money...

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #45
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
why are camaros 100k in australia? i coud buy 2, ship them down, and make 2-3x my money...
Import taxes most likely. Which means you'd have to pay the taxes before you sell the cars there and thus not make much money at all.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #46
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorld View Post
Import taxes most likely. Which means you'd have to pay the taxes before you sell the cars there and thus not make much money at all.
And they also have to be converted to right hand drive. so between the taxes and the cost to convert and shipping costs, you would probably lose money if you tried to ship one down there yourself and sell it.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 AM   #47
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Not all that in my book.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #48
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post

all im saying is this system looks badass. i dont think everthing should be on all trims of camaros but i think this specifically has a place on gm sports cars. Maybe a standard feature on c7 z06 ZR1, zl1 cts-v and chevy SS (btw arent those going to be built by holden??) and optional base vette grand sport, 1le and SS.
It does, I couldn't disagree with you more. Chances of seeing this in a SS is slim to none. If we do it would be in the top of the line Camaro and the ZR1 years from now.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #49
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You're also talking about a feature available on a car that costs way more than a Camaro. The HSV cars represent a super small niche in the market.

If GM added in all the features you guys wanted to the Camaro, a base LS would end up around $35k. The Camaro has to remain affordable.
I would actually prefer less gadgets on the Camaro. What the OP posted is nice and a cool feature but what you are saying is spot on with pricing. Besides drivers can get the same information by paying attention to how their car is responding to the road rather than playing with the latest tech. that has lights and buttons. That thing is more like a toy.

Sorry folks not trying to be negative or anything, it's just not for me.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #50
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
It does, I couldn't disagree with you more. Chances of seeing this in a SS is slim to none. If we do it would be in the top of the line Camaro and the ZR1 years from now.
i dont know if id say its slim to none GM has been doing a way better job at listening to what we want especially in the last few months as we have seen with the new performance catalog. it just takes a little noise being made to get some people to at least look at something and figure out if its possible. im no expert at what it would take to get this software and some of the hardware from EDI into mylink but my simple mind thinks it would be like taking a cpu with windows vista (mylink) and upgrading to windows 7 (EDI). and of course i know its not that simple to do and it would cost money and if that means a 1200 option price i think it would be better money spent on my 1le than the RS package
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #51
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '12 Charger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
i dont know if id say its slim to none GM has been doing a way better job at listening to what we want especially in the last few months as we have seen with the new performance catalog. it just takes a little noise being made to get some people to at least look at something and figure out if its possible. im no expert at what it would take to get this software and some of the hardware from EDI into mylink but my simple mind thinks it would be like taking a cpu with windows vista (mylink) and upgrading to windows 7 (EDI). and of course i know its not that simple to do and it would cost money and if that means a 1200 option price i think it would be better money spent on my 1le than the RS package
It can be done, definitely. But again, it comes down to price. Something like this can be done in the HSV cars because of their pricing. The engineering and development dollars get thrown in with the total price of the car, which is already pretty high.

Integrating it into Camaro would mean you would have to pay for not just the upgraded software and hardware but also the R&D costs. It's not a plug-and-play system, it would have to be tailored to work for the Camaro and that costs money.

Corvette would be a more likely candidate, but even that's pushing it.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #52
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
i wish there was more info on how it works. from what i can tell its just taking the data the car already outputs and displaying them on the screen in a certain way plus a few other "apps".

are you sure i cant just buy one and connect it into my obd II port like the torque app and it will work fine??
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #53
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreer72 View Post
It's not horrible and serves it's purpose, but the over all look I think could have been better. I should have bought a new '12 and saved myself some money.
You could have taken it back if Chevy still had their Total Confidence Gauranty but I think that expired in September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You're also talking about a feature available on a car that costs way more than a Camaro. The HSV cars represent a super small niche in the market.

If GM added in all the features you guys wanted to the Camaro, a base LS would end up around $35k. The Camaro has to remain affordable.
No reason it couldn't be offered on high end trim levels where most people aren't worried about another $1000 on the sticker.

Quote:
i wish there was more info on how it works. from what i can tell its just taking the data the car already outputs and displaying them on the screen in a certain way plus a few other "apps".

are you sure i cant just buy one and connect it into my obd II port like the torque app and it will work fine??
Maybe OBDII to Ipad with software?