Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thumbs up Giving back to Camaro5: FREE Camaro5 Cards inside!

UPDATE #3

Wow.

I wanted to thank all of those who made donations to Jessie, I am really moved by everyone's generosity. I will be taking a check to her fundraiser on Saturday on behalf the gifts of our fellow Camaro5 members. Pretty awesome stuff, thank you everyone!!!

Unfortunately I received word today Jessie is now battling a lung infection. I have no idea what caused it or how severe it is, but its certainly puts a damper on the eve of her big fundraiser. If I get anymore info I'll definitely post it up for those of you interested in her progress. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please read UPDATE #2 below...)

Now for the good news. Because of the great response of donations (*cough* a particular thanks goes out to ChevySS *cough*) and support for the free Camaro5 cards, I have put in another order for a batch of them immediately. This batch will be twice in size of the original run, 5000 Camaro5 cards. At 25 cards a piece this will mean I have spots for 200 additional members to get cards.

I already have at least 100 members waiting in line for these, but I'll open it back up to those of you that have not yet PM'ed me. PM YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS IF YOU WOULD LIKE the FREE CAMARO5 Cards seen below.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PM'ed ME YOUR ADDRESS, I HAVE YOU IN LINE. I will try to send out a mass PM tonight to all of you on my list. The cards should be in by next weekend, and I hopefully will start mailing by the following week.

Many of you have offered payment for these, to which I have vehemently refused from day one. However, if you are willing to pay me for them, perhaps you'd be willing to instead donate them to Jessie. There is more info about Jessie and a link to her benefit paypal account in Update #2 below. If you have any questions on this please feel free to ask. You do NOT need to donate in order to get cards!!

One more thing I'd like to reiterate: THANK YOU CAMARO5 MEMBERS! This project has cost me plenty in terms of time and money, but it is all worth it at the end of the day, which is why I'm happy to double up my efforts this time around. I'm glad I can be a part of such a great community.

If you are still confused about what this is all about, please read the original post below.

UPDATE #2

I've put together the packaging for the first 100-ish shipments to go out. This should happen early this week via USPS. I will send you a PM the day I send 'em out so know they are on their way!

I know I said I wasn't asking for money when doing this, and I really want to stick to that. However, my girlfriends cousin and best friend, Jessie, recently underwent a serious dual lung transplant to keep her from succumbing to her terrible case of Cystic Fibrosis. Jessie is a beautiful blond 22 year old who grew up in Northern Michigan. She has been in a hospital outside of Chicago for nearly 6 months, and has not walked more than a few steps since her arrival. She has gone through more pain and suffering than any 22 year old should ever have to endure. Her family is having a benefit in her honor at the end of March, and I have put together a donation Paypal account to help their family with some of the incredibly tough costs they've had to bear.

So what I plan on doing is putting in another order of 5,000 (yes, FIVE THOUSAND) more cards to send out to other members who have requested cards on top of who have already gotten some. If you feel compelled to send a few bucks towards Jessie's family, that would be great. If not, I completely understand, and you'll still get your cards (though a donation might not hurt your chances of getting more and/or getting them faster! )

If you do donate, feel free to leave a note in the payment. You can also send Jessie a message directly to Friends4Jessie@gmail.com. I'll make sure her and her family see all of them!

Here is the link for donations: http://tinyurl.com/Friends4Jessie

If you have any more questions or want more details, please send me a PM!

Edit: also, those of you that have PM'ed me your info and I have not responded to you yet, I still have you down and you'll be in the second batch that should go out in a couple weeks. If you haven't PM'ed me yet for some cards DO IT NOW!!! The printing and shipping is entirely on ME!

Older update:

UPDATE

The cards have arrived! Holy crap there's a lot of them. Here's what they look like!

[IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9692/ds****39p.jpg[/IMG]

They are very well made; very professional feeling. Should hold up well to moisture.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me!) I'm heading to Vegas on Saturday, so I don't think I'll be able to get them out before then. I'll be back the following Thursday and should be able to ship them late next week.

Original post below:

Hey guys,

I decided I can't make it out to Camaro5 fest this year (which is insanely disappointing to me) because of the drive and the time off work I'd have to take. I decided I wanted to give back to the community nonetheless, by hooking up fellow Camaro5 members with the beloved Camaro5 cards:

This great design was made by TaylorRyan74 (more info here)

I think these are a fantastic way of engaging your local Camaro community!

My mom runs a marketing firm that has a partnership with a printing company, so I can get these very cheap. I'd like to send out 25-50 cards per member that want them. I'll print them and ship them for free! They will be high quality cards, that you can fill out and pass out as you wish.

If you're interested in getting these, please shoot me a PM with your address info. I should have them all printed by the end of the week, and I will send them out next week.

Let me know if you have any questions!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties

Last edited by kdbolt70; 03-29-2010 at 05:12 PM.
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Woot! PM coming soon!

TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
pm inc. They look great.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
pretty cool
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
kdbolt70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
pretty cool
By the way, you have no choice. I already have your address
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
Old 02-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ

I feel the same way about giving back to C5. Awesomeness. I'll take you up on this for sure.

Hate you won't be at the fest. :( And thank you. This is very cool.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
PM sent, it will great for the customer who don't know about C5. Thanks for your efforts.
Attached Images

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
That is very generous, since 4/C printing is never really that cheap!

I have given out quite a bit of these!

For those who want to do their own, I set up a template for avery stock that prints off your home printer, pretty cheap as well.

This is good also to refresh that thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39088
Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
I'm in!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Really hate you can't make it to the fest!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #11
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Very generous of you, pm on it's way. I also will not make it to C5Fest and it is eating me up!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #12
jty03

Drives: 2SS/RS
Very generous of you! PM sent. Thanks again!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
swansor

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM
Send a message via ICQ to swansor Send a message via Yahoo to swansor
PM sent. Thanks for the tremendous offer. The card looks great.
swansor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #14
kdbolt70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
Really hate you can't make it to the fest!
You're tellin' me! Man that weekend is going to suck sitting at home :(

Keep the PM's rollin' in! I plan on sending out thousands!