Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Colorado moves to ban Rolling Coal

Interesting article for those to read in the morning

http://www.motortrend.com/news/color...-rolling-coal/

I want to hear some opinions on rolling coal, if it should be outlawed like colorado and NJ. I want to hear if any of you own big modified trucks. Or your thoughts on them.

Here's my opinion. I don't own a truck like that. I do hate them on the road. But everyone has their opinions and hate on many different car groups.

I can compare these big lifted smoke spewing trucks to the lowered or stanced cars with straight pipes. Both vehicles in my opinion are EQUALLY impractical. Both are obnoxious with obnoxious exhausts whether it is the loud noise or coal coming out.

But we all do it. We want noise whether it is for ourselves or for the cars around us. But i do hate blowing black smoke at people or cars or whatever it may be. That is on another level of obnoxiousness. I would be perfectly fine with banning it. Lift your truck, put the big wheels and tires. But you better put mudflaps on it. Spraying the vehicles behind you with rocks, damaging the cars is on a level even higher than rolling coal. But don't modify the part on the truck that turns the smoke to black, that's all.

I think that should be enforced along with rolling coal. No mudflaps on certain wheels/tires over a certain size, ticket!
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I don’t have an opinion on ‘rolling coal’, but I do on making new laws. We have enough already that don’t work… why keep creating more? Just the description of this law, in the article, doesn’t sit well with me, “nuisance exhibition of motor vehicle exhaust”. A nuisance in itself is just someone’s opinion.

Going down this road is a bad idea and as a car enthusiast... I don’t like it.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I live in Colorado... so here's my take.

I absolutely hate rolling coal... I hate smelling it, I hate seeing it, I hate being behind it, I think it's a hazard!

I hope they enforce it... like they enforce sound laws in small towns because a certain segment of riders like to rev their bikes w/ straight pipes when riding thru the town.

It's offensive and it's dangerous!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #4
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Rolling coal isn't the issue. The issue is the douche bags that drive these trucks and think its funny to roll coal on a person walking/running along the street or into open car windows.

Douche bags always ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #5
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
One of.my favorite things is to see a Cummins with a stack blowing big black smoke out of it.
But when you do this to be a dick its annoying and really stupid. Hahahahahaha I rolled coal
On that Honda dur dur dur murica

I think it is cool like at shows and stuff but alot of times from my understanding you can just add a switch to dump fuel in and make it do that.....kinda stupid
Then again I love watching the diesel power challenge every year.
Love diesel sled pulls as well can't get over the sound of those turbo spooling.
Roal coal ehhh unless at shows or you absolutely have to run that rich to keep from going lean and destroying stuff not needed....then again I like the smell of diesel
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Needs to be banned, I have had these idiots do it beside me when I have had my top down... it's stupid and if it's done to a person that already has breathing issues it could trigger an episode and be fatal.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #7
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
it doesnt seem to happen here in florida,too many quick tempered folks are well armed.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #8
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
AIR pollution and NOISE pollution are two COMPLETELY different things..period. And if you coal roll on me? Don't be surprised to find a .458 SOCOM 300gr slug COMPLETELY through your engine block one mornin! Good-day Mate!
Old 05-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #9
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
AIR pollution and NOISE pollution are two COMPLETELY different things..period. And if you coal roll on me? Don't be surprised to find a .458 SOCOM 300gr slug COMPLETELY through your engine block one mornin! Good-day Mate!
They're two completely different things, that have laws enforced because of the lack of common sense and courtesy by certain individuals.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #10
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Im torn on this i hate any kind of new law, we have to many of them especially EPA style laws, but i hate everything about rolling coal and the Dbags who do it should be castrated.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #11
blakjak55
drinks virgil's

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
They can ban it. Doesn't mean it changes anything other than some more revenue for state and local governments that are probably already doing fairly well with the legal weed.

Diesels being what they are, I'd rather have the haze and power than the smoke, noise, and wasted fuel.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #12
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
I live in Colorado. I am shopping for one of those trucks, but mine wont smoke like that.

I do not feel we need any more laws. Why people have no common sense and purposely tune there car to use to much fuel to make black smoke is beyond me. The other car groups don't make there car run worse on purpose. The real difference is modifying for performance or show as apposed to pointless obnoxious mods.

As for the law pretty much all states do not allow a car to grossly smoke. It obstructs vision. Any car putting out a lot of blue smoke from burning oil would get stopped and tickets. I see no reason to allow black smoke from fuel and not blue smoke from oil.

I so do not understand why it is cool to leave black smoke. It just says your truck is running to rich to me.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #13
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
it doesnt seem to happen here in florida,too many quick tempered folks are well armed.
It is over here in the RedNeck Areas
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #14
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
My fav feral hog round...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote