Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-11-2020, 09:21 PM   #15
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I’d hold off on the control arms an put in solid rear cradle bushings instead of poly, no NVH to speak of plus a lot easier with the cradle out like that.
Sorry nvh? I was thinking about solid bushings kinda wanted to do a little researching on the subject before I installed this stuff. Why do you say hold off on the control arms? I kinda been considering just installing the z28 stuff and holding off on aftermarket stuff just to see how happy I would be that way. But kinda same token I really only want to do the work once so want to do it completely and the right way once. So I’m definately up for opinions and suggestions. I generally do majority of my own work but this will be my first time doing a suspension. Not really intimidated by it but I don’t see it as something I want to get into multiple times.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #16
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
Ordered some parts this week! Can’t wait to get some of these parts in!

Bmr suspension kit!

Elite engineering clean side oil separator

And stainless works headers!

Did you get the long tubes? I.e. how fast was shipping?

I am looking for a 2nd tier brand with Cats, pretty soon. Stainless power is a consideration.

Keep the thread updated with progress of things.
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:13 AM   #17
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2342 View Post
Did you get the long tubes? I.e. how fast was shipping?

I am looking for a 2nd tier brand with Cats, pretty soon. Stainless power is a consideration.

Keep the thread updated with progress of things.
Yes I got long tubes. I haven’t gotten them from mail yet. I am being told they are being shipped from the factory approximately May 19th. So if you want them ASAP I would get from a vendor that has them in stock. Myself personally I got to get a few things in order before I install them anyways so I not in a hurry
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:46 PM   #18
Scooter18155

Mail day! My headers arrived finally!
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2020, 06:09 AM   #19
rich2342

Quote:
Mail day! My headers arrived finally!
Nice!

What did you get? Started to install mine yesterday. What a pain in the ass all alone!!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #20
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Nice!

What did you get? Started to install mine yesterday. What a pain in the ass all alone!!!!
Try doing them on a 4th gen

The 5th gen looks like a truck engine bay by comparison

OP you can safely pressure wash it just don't put the wand 2 inches from the engine hold it about 8-12 inches and it will be fine.

Your garden hose is worse than the pw as there is way more volume of water coming out.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:19 AM   #21
Scooter18155

Quote:
Nice!

Got stainless works 1 7/8 primaries long tube. Also have thier high flow cats to go along with them. Going to be sending them out to get coated before I install.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:20 AM   #22
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Try doing them on a 4th gen

The 5th gen looks like a truck engine bay by comparison

OP you can safely pressure wash it just don't put the wand 2 inches from the engine hold it about 8-12 inches and it will be fine.

Your garden hose is worse than the pw as there is way more volume of water coming out.
I’ve heard that and know people do it but I still get nervous about it.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:29 AM   #23
rich2342

Quote:
Got stainless works 1 7/8 primaries long tube. Also have thier high flow cats to go along with them. Going to be sending them out to get coated before I install.

Ha! Nice. I went with Stainless power w hfc. Essentially the same thing. Was looking for bbk's at the price point, but were out of stock.

I'm going to have to get the plug insulators as mine are stainless.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:04 AM   #24
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
Thank you! Ilion NY here
Wow another from Ilion ny 👍 so am i
Old 08-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #25
Scooter18155

Spent the last month working on my car. What was supposed to be doing a simple long tube headers installation turned out to be quite the journey! Started out ok installing stainless works 1 7/8” long tubes coated by jet hot. As some of you may have seen in other threads I started and posted in my oil dipstick tube broke off into my block. I tried fishing it out of my block with a tap which pushed it right into my oil pan.

So next I bought a set of flanges from cfd (great guy) and had a buddy help me out welding up the flanges to remove the Cross member. In the process of removing oil pan I removed the factory oil cooler (which I didn’t realize was connected to coolant) and did some looking into it on here and seen that they were prone to leaks so I eliminated that which lead me down 3 paths!

1 I wanted an oil cooler so I ended up buying the mishimoto kit for our Camaro’s. Gotta say I really liked this kit I however didn’t use the provided sandwich plate that goes between the pan and oil filter. I used a earls oil supply block that bolts where the factory oil cooler once did. I liked this setup much better.

2 considering I drained my coolant by removing the factory oil cooler I figured it was an opportunity to replace hoses with new ones. I installed the newer hoses that go to the heater core that go along the fender to replace the ones that went on top of my intake. I installed upper and lower hoses. I put a new thermostat in and installed a mishimoto radiator. Gotta say so far I like the mishimoto stuff. I also learned my transmission fluid runs through the radiator doing this which lead me to #3

3. Considering I lost transmission fluid during the radiator install I decided it was optimal time to drain and refill transmission fluid. So I drained it and filled it up with some royal purple fluid. I also drained and replaced the oil in my rear end considering I changed replaced the fluid in everything else I might just as well.

Finally I get my car all back together get out my tuner hook up the battery and install the tune I got for the headers and start it up! Of Course There has to be issues The car was hard starting and when it finally did it popped an engine code for the crankshaft position sensor! Can you say aggravating! But anyways that’s how my 1 day projects turn out as a month and a half project lol a new plug for the sensor and a new crankshaft position sensor to boot And start up again. And again I get an engine code for throttle position sensor and it goes into low power mode Did some searching on here again seen that the vitesse throttle controller (which I have had for at least 5 years) can sometimes cause this issue. So I eliminated it and so far the low power mode and code hasn’t returned but haven’t driven the car but only once yet. So right now it looks like I might end up getting and trying Out a pedal commander in the future!

All in all this was Quite the learning experience and thankful for all the help (in other threads) I got along the way! I didn’t take a whole lot of pictures along the way but I did take a few so I am sharing them here.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #26
Scooter18155

Video of how my car sounds with the long tubes and jba 3” exhaust!

https://youtu.be/4ilc10yVJ-w
Old 12-15-2020, 09:06 PM   #27
Scooter18155

Installed a my link nav unit into my car last week with a rear camera and the factory mtx speakers! The radio is a lot better then what I previously had. The mtx speakers was a nice upgrade to the Boston acoustics. It seems to be a perfect setup for me to be honest. Some extra trump for the hip hop but not too bad for country or rock. It’s not so overly loud that the car rattles uncontrollably but I haven’t maxed the knob yet.

I also did a rear seat delete took out the rear seat belts etc to help with some weight reduction. Didn’t take any pics of this but I’ll try to remember to take some including better pics of the radio and speakers installed
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #28
Scooter18155

I have Three new things going this week I am super excited to get done finally! Now just gotta get the stuff from mail man.

Got this splitter (photo) coming with the rods

picked up a set of dive planes from someone on Facebook.

Have new controllers for my night owl lights and getting them functional again!
Attached Images