Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
Chevy383

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Metal rattling/screeching??

New member here, hoping you guys can help me track down this noise coming from under my ride, it's driving me insane and sounds awful.

'15 Camaro 2SS
40,500 miles
Manual trans - New fluid 2 weeks ago (noise was happening prior to this)
Rear end also received new fluid
CAI
Oil Catch can
Resonator delete
Magnaflow X-pipe muffler

This noise started up a maybe a month or so ago. Happens on a cold start everytime, never on a hot or warm start.

The noise happens ever so slightly on an uphill start, like when you slip the clutch a little to get it going, even when using hill-assist.

It also happens when I re-engage the clutch after going over a speed bump, but ONLY when I touch the gas pedal to get moving again. If I let the car idle/coast after re-engaging the clutch it will NOT make the noise, only when I bump the gas to get going again it makes the noise for like 2-3 seconds.

Seems to only be happening in Neutral on start-up, on an up-hill start, or after a speed bump when blipping the gas after re-engaging the clutch when i'm going slow.

I haven't noticed the noise at all when driving at moderate to faster speeds on the street or highway.

When I get under the car and start it up it; A) either doesn't make the noise or B) echos and I can't pinpoint where it's coming from. Sometimes it sounds like it comes from the back of the car by the tailpipes. I checked to see if my exhaust was loose or if one of the hangars might have been vibrating or grinding on something but it's sturdy and doesn't move or wiggle.

I thought it may have been starter and/or clutch, but the noise was farther back towards the middle or rear of the car, like where the back of the trans meets the driveshaft.

To me it sounds like a heat sheild but I could be wrong and don't see anything bent, missing or out of place. It also sounds like it's coming from the backend of the transmission where the shifter is (under the car), but again I haven't been able to pinpoint it.

Let me know if you guys can open the video, having trouble converting to the right file type. This is an early morning cold-start.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DYR...OOcYb9JXD/view

Any help, any ideas or any input would be extremely appreciated.

Last edited by Chevy383; 06-18-2020 at 06:08 PM.
Chevy383 is offline   Reply With Quote