Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #1
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
What "WAX" would you recommend?

Within the last month I purchased two sets of 2014-2015 SS wheels, both set were painted. I had my powder coater give them a "make over". The color of the powder is called "Black Sapphire Too". High gloss and once in the sun light you can see a trace of the sapphire sparkle. Love the color. Center caps are OEM gloss black caps.

This morning I applied a coat of wax, both front and rear. Got thinking as to what would be the best wax or coating to use on the beautiful wheels?

Teach me something new please!

Larry
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I'm not a detailing pro but I like Silver Wax's sealant; it's a sealant rather than a wax (basically a more durable wax, lasts much longer), and then you can apply your typical synthetic or natural wax on top of it (and then spray wax on top of that if you're so inclined). The sealant seems to work quite well and I get water beading off the paint even after 6 months (no waxing of any kind during those following 6 months - works great!). FYI you can also use the sealant on your windshield - it's like RainX on roids!
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Ceramic coating would be a great choice. You can get a kit from amazon for like $40 and do your whole car and rims with it.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
I'm not a detailing pro but I like Silver Wax's sealant; it's a sealant rather than a wax (basically a more durable wax, lasts much longer), and then you can apply your typical synthetic or natural wax on top of it (and then spray wax on top of that if you're so inclined). The sealant seems to work quite well and I get water beading off the paint even after 6 months (no waxing of any kind during those following 6 months - works great!). FYI you can also use the sealant on your windshield - it's like RainX on roids!
Thank you for the advise. I believe the more suggestions I can get the more informed decision I will make.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
Ceramic coating would be a great choice. You can get a kit from amazon for like $40 and do your whole car and rims with it.
Another great idea, thank you. With the powder coated wheels and the style I have selected (six sets now) that allow for easier cleaning has helped removing the brake dust.

I love shiny wheels!
Old 06-30-2020, 05:31 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Here is another vote for having them CERAMIC COATED. I have had this done to the last 3 cars I have owned and it makes so much of a difference….it makes them sooooooooooo easy to clean!
Old 06-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #7
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Go to Custom Offsets, they carry a line of wheel and tire cleaner that I swear by.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote