Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #43
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Okay you know what you've done? First you need to understand those type of drivers... due to other inadequacies they finally find a car that is relatively rare currently.

SO! As they are reminded their car is not unique as another rolls by it ruins their own delusional state of having the only Camaro ever built...

I can only suggest taking immediate evasive driving if such Camaro drivers are around to avoid being spotted and sending them into depression.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #44
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I get 1 wave-back out of every 10 I do Oh well.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #45
Jessica-Rocks-
One hot mess

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
I get the " I hope you die in a fire" look too =( I am always waving and smiling and you would think I ran over their kitten.

Jeep drivers will crash trying to wave at you. I borrowed my friends jeep for a day and I was like WTH is going on!!!? I must look GOOD today, right!? =D No.. just the Jeep drivers lol
Jessica-Rocks- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #46
cerealkller72
Nightshade

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro LS
I wave but rarely get one back. Was so shocked the other day when I got an enthusiastic wave back that I almost hit another car. Wish everyone appreciated the community like we did.
cerealkller72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #47
CamaroSSRSL99
Heartbeat of America

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS, 1967 Camaro
I think that because I live in a small city, that all the Camaro owners wave, honk or rev their engines at each other because of a common bond. I am so glad that I haven't been given any negative replies when I wave at another Camaro owner. I also get tons of people in other vehicles waving and honking their horns at me. The other day there was a vehicle with 4 people in it, 2 of them were hanging out of the car giving me the peace sign while yelling "we love your car!!".
Old 09-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #48
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rPs View Post
Okay you know what you've done? First you need to understand those type of drivers... due to other inadequacies they finally find a car that is relatively rare currently.

SO! As they are reminded their car is not unique as another rolls by it ruins their own delusional state of having the only Camaro ever built...

I can only suggest taking immediate evasive driving if such Camaro drivers are around to avoid being spotted and sending them into depression.
that just made my day!!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #49
rikelme90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica-Rocks- View Post
I get the " I hope you die in a fire" look too =( I am always waving and smiling and you would think I ran over their kitten.

Jeep drivers will crash trying to wave at you. I borrowed my friends jeep for a day and I was like WTH is going on!!!? I must look GOOD today, right!? =D No.. just the Jeep drivers lol
yes exactly!!!! wait from both genders or just girls?? cos i know alot of girls just seem to hate on another girl.

yea jeep people seem to be nice for some wierd reason.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #50
rikelme90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSRSL99 View Post
I think that because I live in a small city, that all the Camaro owners wave, honk or rev their engines at each other because of a common bond. I am so glad that I haven't been given any negative replies when I wave at another Camaro owner. I also get tons of people in other vehicles waving and honking their horns at me. The other day there was a vehicle with 4 people in it, 2 of them were hanging out of the car giving me the peace sign while yelling "we love your car!!".
i really wish i didn't live in the city. everyone tries to be better than the other person. it's really sad to see. but when i do get a hello or "nice car" i just can't help but to get perma-grin even if i try not to.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #51
RozzyBoy117

Drives: White 2SS/RS Silver Stripes
happens to me all the time ill do a little wave and they act like they do see me, the people with v6's are the worst. I even had a guy with a black one swerve at me and almost hit me head on.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #52
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
I have noticed this to. When I had my GTO and everytime I seen one (except the 2 locals stuck ups where im at) we both give a wave or a thumbs up. I had other GTO owners pull up to me and we be chatting at the red light.

I thought it be the same way in the camaro but (no pun intended to any here) some just have the car to have it and are not real car enthusiast. They think they are high and mighty than others. I had one guy in a black one pull up at a red light next to me. I looked over gave a thumbs up (in a nice way) and the dude flipped me off while peeling out. WTF!!!
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #53
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
I wave every time I see a Gen5, and always get a wave/lights back.

I also Own a Jeep(CJ-7) and a Motorcycle(Ninja) so I am used to waving at people.

ED
soniccj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #54
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
I thought waving was just a Jeep thing (that's what Jeep drivers do, we also own a Jeep). I'm use to waving at Jeeps & the newer Jeep owners I don't think know to wave.

We've owned our Camaro for almost 3 months, I didn't know people waved at each other. I will wave if I see you. I'm still getting use to people looking at the car & people coming up to me @ the gas pump.
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #55
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I think I've gotten 2/50 return waves here in Pittsburgh. There are enthusiast and there are people with transportation
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #56
Stoned Hemi 6

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM 1LE NPP, 1995 Imp SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reocamaro View Post
It's probably because everyone has one of these cars, some like it because it's a Camaro, some like it just because it's the new thing, and some just needed a car and want cheap horsepower. I wonder if Nissan Sentra forums have this same conversation. "Dude, I totally parked right next to a fellow Nissan, but he didn't even look over at me!"

That's why...
Stoned Hemi 6 is offline   Reply With Quote