Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
jdwarren

Drives: 2013 chevrolet camaro rally yellow
Arrow Upgrading 18" Heritage to 20" Polished SS

Hey everyone!

1) Do I have to take it to a store to take my wheels off and my new wheels on?
2) Does my camaro have a jack lift so I can just do 1 wheel at a time and go around doing it myself?
3) Since I am going from 18" to 20" do i have to do anything special/differnet?
4) The new ones have TPMS (my old ones did too) how do I hook that up?
5) I am plasti-dipping my new rims.. Should I do it before or after I put them on the car?
6) If I plasti dip them when they are off the car, how do I do the lug nuts? When I put them back on, won't the lug nuts plasti dip just come straight off?
7) Do I have to do any sort of "balancing"? 3 of the tires have good tread, one is a lot more worn out.
8) Is there a differnce b/w putting them on the left or right if they have different tread? ?(they are staggered so i know that the fat ones go on the back).

Any and all information is greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time in advance!!

Have a great day,
Jon

Last edited by jdwarren; 07-19-2014 at 12:53 PM.
jdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Hey John Congrats on your purchase

1) If you have the proper equipment (a jack and a torque wrench) it is not a hard process
3) your speedometer will be slightly off at speed due to a difference in size diameter, a tune will fix this, but its not necessary
4) Usually when you buy TPMS with a set of wheels they should come calibrated, if not you would have to calibrate it with the proprietary tool
5) It would not really matter but it would be easier to plasti dip them before hand so you wont have to mask the brakes and/or tires
6) plasti dip the nuts on a peice of cardboard and just make sure you dont get paint on the threads. Plasti dip is quite tough but you would have to test it out and see if the plasti dip gets damaged.
7) It is highly recommended to make sure you balance your tires on the rim, this will eliminate vibrations, and make sure your tires wear evenly
8) Just make sure if your tires are asymmetrical, you will have to mount them on the correct sides.
Hope that helps !
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote